Scum Hamas Terrorists Slaughter Jews In Israel

shull

47 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

The tories are shamelessly trying to cream cash from Jewish donors with this hideous virtue signalling 

Don't both sides do that?

Both sides also have a 'Friends of Israel' lobby group:

https://www.lfi.org.uk/ (Labour)

https://cfoi.co.uk/ (Conservative)

I think every British prime minister has proclaimed their support for Israel.

It's not just here, though. This was some time ago, but Netanyahu received several standing ovations from Congressmen on both sides:

Could they be any more ingratiating?

5 hours ago, W6er said:

Don't both sides do that?

Both sides also have a 'Friends of Israel' lobby group:

https://www.lfi.org.uk/ (Labour)

https://cfoi.co.uk/ (Conservative)

I think every British prime minister has proclaimed their support for Israel.

It's not just here, though. This was some time ago, but Netanyahu received several standing ovations from Congressmen on both sides:

Could they be any more ingratiating?

If in your mind there are only two “sides” in U.K. politics then maybe you need to drop the blinkers 

On 10/9/2023 at 8:21 PM, Albanian Buddy said:

So many deaths have been caused by differences in religious beliefs. Fcuking arseholes the lot of them. 

It has nothing to do with, 'religious beliefs'. 

Nationalism, European colonialism, anti-Semitism and imperialism are the historic and present aspects of this issue.

10 hours ago, Doakes said:

The only flag we should be flying is one that promotes a peaceful resolution

Taking sides on this is like throwing petrol on a fire

The absurdity of it all. I wonder if Humza will give Israel £60 million of Scottish taxpayers money to buy some bombs? 

B5F285E7-D4A9-48E9-AD88-C8D2DBC187A0.jpeg

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

If in your mind there are only two “sides” in U.K. politics then maybe you need to drop the blinkers 

Other than a coalition government, in which Clegg made lots of concessions to the Tories, when was the last time the UK was governed by a party other than Labour or the Tories? I would argue that the difference between the two parties has narrowed hugely over the last few decades as well.

The Lib Dems are hardly very different to the other two, in any event. 

1 minute ago, W6er said:

Other than a coalition government, in which Clegg made lots of concessions to the Tories, when was the last time the UK was governed by a party other than Labour or the Tories? I would argue that the difference between the two parties has narrowed hugely over the last few decades as well.

The Lib Dems are hardly very different to the other two, in any event. 

Dance any more vigorously then the head of that pin will go straight up your arse

50 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

Shull, I'm surprised you posted this video of the racist, Melanie Phillips.  Have a listen to this debate...

https://t.co/pzePC4JQGc 

All I really know about Melanie Phillips is that she wrote a book called Londonistan some years ago and is an avowed Zionist. I get the impression she thinks one of the biggest threats to her ethnic group in the West is Islam.  

I have had an ongoing WhatsApp with an old friend of mine in which I have been called naive and simple-minded because I am not accepting at face value that Hamas beheaded forty babies! The first thing that came to mind was the accusations made against the Germans in WWI, who were accused of bayoneting babies. I also remembered that Iraqi soldiers had been falsely accused of killing babies in incubators in Kuwait:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/opinions/1994/02/26/the-kuwaiti-incubator-hoax/35b1e882-f796-4acb-a106-9280a7dda521/

It's always the babies! But apparently I'm a simple-minded fool for not wanting to level Gaza. I know there's a lot of hatred on both sides, but I refuse to believe that Hamas would be both that hateful and that stupid.

Meanwhile, actual dead babies have been pulled from the rubble in Gaza...

Edited by W6er

3 hours ago, Jockmd said:

It has nothing to do with, 'religious beliefs'. 

Nationalism, European colonialism, anti-Semitism and imperialism are the historic and present aspects of this issue.

Are you implying that no deaths in this particular conflict (past or present) or any other part of the world have never happened due to different religious beliefs?

Really? 

At the risk of being categorised as a Pedant (ok, I'm a Pedant), can I just express how much I despise this inappropriate thread title (Israel v Palestine). This is not a game ! Can a Mod please change the thread title ??

This is not a fecking cup tie or a league fixture. This is an all-out war and a humanitarian crisis where thousands of innocent civilians, men women children and babies, are being slaughtered by Hamas and by Israeli missiles. This is not a contest where one side gains three points and the other side goes home disappointed but still have the hope of picking up three points next week.

There has to be a more accurate thread title for a discussion / debate of such seriousness. Surely ?

13 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Are you implying that no deaths in this particular conflict (past or present) or any other part of the world have never happened due to different religious beliefs?

Really? 

I'm not, 'implying', I'm stating fact, in this case.

Christians, Muslims and Jews worship the same god.  As I've said, the killings are based, predominantly upon various political ideologies.  Before the emergence of Jewish European colonialists (Zionists), Jews and Muslims lived happily together.  European colonialism spread totally throughout the world and all indigenous people suffered immensely.  For example, at the end of the 19th century, Africa was 90% controlled by European colonialists. 

With this European cultural supremacy, European Ashkenazi Jews adopted this format to escape European anti-Semitism and campaigned and lobbied political leaders to support their Zionist dream.  This was also a solution to get rid of Jews by anti-Semites the most prominent one being Arthur James Balfour who fortified their demand by signing the infamous, 'Balfour Declaration'.     

19 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

Christians, Muslims and Jews worship the same god

If you can prove such a “god” exists I might start to listen to you.

Facts? Please demonstrate the existence of such a “god”.

What intellectual or scientific proof do you have?

Edited by Albanian Buddy

21 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

Christians, Muslims and Jews worship the same god.  As I've said, the killings are based, predominantly upon various political ideologies.  Before the emergence of Jewish European colonialists (Zionists), Jews and Muslims lived happily together.  European colonialism spread totally throughout the world and all indigenous people suffered immensely.  For example, at the end of the 19th century, Africa was 90% controlled by European colonialists. 

With this European cultural supremacy, European Ashkenazi Jews adopted this format to escape European anti-Semitism and campaigned and lobbied political leaders to support their Zionist dream.  This was also a solution to get rid of Jews by anti-Semites the most prominent one being Arthur James Balfour who fortified their demand by signing the infamous, 'Balfour Declaration'.     

I seriously doubt Balfour was an anti-Semite and it wasn't that the Jews were unwilling to go to Israel, either. I believe Balfour Day is a national day of celebration in Israel:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Day

The above source indicates it was a day of celebration.

I would strongly recommend you read the Balfour Declaration and consider to whom it was addressed and why, in 1917, when the UK was fighting the Great War, it was decided to gift a homeland to the Jewish people.

4 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

If you can prove such a “god” exists I might start to listen to you.

Facts? Please demonstrate the existence of such a “god”.

What intellectual or scientific proof do you have?

The answer you will eventually get is, FAITH. Belief without proof. Something no sensible person would adhere to in any other aspect of life. There is no proof. IF there was a god, what a bastard he/SHE/IT must be. Allowing people to use their name in pursuit of war. Allowing innocent people/children to die, sometimes before they get the chance to live. Even IF he/she/it exists. how anyone can choose to "worship" such an horrendous entity is beyond me.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

At the risk of being categorised as a Pedant (ok, I'm a Pedant), can I just express how much I despise this inappropriate thread title (Israel v Palestine). This is not a game ! Can a Mod please change the thread title ??

This is not a fecking cup tie or a league fixture. This is an all-out war and a humanitarian crisis where thousands of innocent civilians, men women children and babies, are being slaughtered by Hamas and by Israeli missiles. This is not a contest where one side gains three points and the other side goes home disappointed but still have the hope of picking up three points next week.

There has to be a more accurate thread title for a discussion / debate of such seriousness. Surely ?

Yeah and change Ukraine v Russia kicking off also 

25 minutes ago, W6er said:

I seriously doubt Balfour was an anti-Semite and it wasn't that the Jews were unwilling to go to Israel, either. I believe Balfour Day is a national day of celebration in Israel:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Day

The above source indicates it was a day of celebration.

I would strongly recommend you read the Balfour Declaration and consider to whom it was addressed and why, in 1917, when the UK was fighting the Great War, it was decided to gift a homeland to the Jewish people.

Did you research AJB?

Check out his anti-Semitic comments which was enhanced by his 1905 Aliens Act. 

I'm very familiar with the Declaration which wasn't written by him but by the British Zionist Federation and euphemised by another Zionist, Lord Milner. 

Did Balfour consult the people who would be negatively affected by this?  Naw!

"when the UK was fighting the Great War, it was decided to gift a homeland to the Jewish people."

Who was helping Britain to physically fight the Ottomans in the 'Great War'?  And what did Britain promise them?

I think you should do a bit more reading on the history. 

12 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

Did you research AJB?

Check out his anti-Semitic comments which was enhanced by his 1905 Aliens Act. 

I'm very familiar with the Declaration which wasn't written by him but by the British Zionist Federation and euphemised by another Zionist, Lord Milner. 

Did Balfour consult the people who would be negatively affected by this?  Naw!

"when the UK was fighting the Great War, it was decided to gift a homeland to the Jewish people."

Who was helping Britain to physically fight the Ottomans in the 'Great War'?  And what did Britain promise them?

I think you should do a bit more reading on the history. 

Fair enough. No, I haven't researched Balfour thoroughly and you appear to have done so. When I have time that is something I might well look into. 

I'm aware of the Arab revolt, though honestly my knowledge doesn't go much beyond the romanticised 'Lawrence of Arabia' narrative. However, if you're hinting that the Arabs were promised the territory that is now Israel, then surely that makes the Balfour Declaration even more intriguing? I thought Jordan was their reward. I thought the Balfour Declaration asks that Lord Rothschild conveys the news to the British Zionist Federation (or a similarly named group)?

Edited by W6er

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

You're absolutely right. The title is not suitable for a football forum within its general nonsense section.

Changed and waiting on your approval.

And dinnae call me Shirley.

• shull changed the title to Scum Hamas Terrorists Slaughter Jews In Israel