In other news - random news stories of interest

W6er

Korean true crime fan murdered stranger 'out of curiosity'

A South Korean court has given a life sentence to a true crime fan who told police she murdered a stranger "out of curiosity".

Jung Yoo-jung, 23, had been obsessed with crime shows and novels and scored highly on psychopath tests, police said.

Fixated with the idea of "trying out a murder", she used an app to meet an English-language teacher, stabbing her to death at her home in May.

She contacted more than 50 people and favoured women, asking them if they conducted their lessons at home.

In May, posing as the mother of a high school student who needed English lessons, she contacted the 26-year-old victim, who lived in the south-eastern city of Busan. Her identity has not been disclosed by police.

Jung then showed up at the tutor's house dressed in a school uniform she had bought online, prosecutors said.

After the teacher let her in, she attacked the woman, stabbing her more than 100 times - continuing the frenzied attack even after the victim had died.

She then dismembered the woman's body and took a taxi ride to dump some of the remains in remote parkland near a river, north of Busan.

She was arrested after the taxi driver tipped off police about a customer who had dumped a blood-soaked suitcase in the woods.

---

Full story: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-67517532

🤯

Absolutely shocking. 

22 minutes ago, W6er said:

A South Korean court has given a life sentence to a true crime fan who told police she murdered a stranger "out of curiosity".

Jung Yoo-jung, 23, had been obsessed with crime shows and novels and scored highly on psychopath tests, police said.

Fixated with the idea of "trying out a murder", she used an app to meet an English-language teacher, stabbing her to death at her home in May.

She contacted more than 50 people and favoured women, asking them if they conducted their lessons at home.

In May, posing as the mother of a high school student who needed English lessons, she contacted the 26-year-old victim, who lived in the south-eastern city of Busan. Her identity has not been disclosed by police.

Jung then showed up at the tutor's house dressed in a school uniform she had bought online, prosecutors said.

After the teacher let her in, she attacked the woman, stabbing her more than 100 times - continuing the frenzied attack even after the victim had died.

She then dismembered the woman's body and took a taxi ride to dump some of the remains in remote parkland near a river, north of Busan.

She was arrested after the taxi driver tipped off police about a customer who had dumped a blood-soaked suitcase in the woods.

---

🤯

Absolutely shocking. 

Stories of interest? :lol:

"Nurse" 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Stories of interest? :lol:

"Nurse" 

You don't think that someone choosing to kill another human being purely out of curiosity is interesting? 😵 I would suggest the fact that the story emanates from South Korea and is one of the most read stories on the BBC, suggests your view is not typical. :wink: Given your prolific engagement in the Weather Report thread, I would have thought you'd find a story like this absolutely riveting. 😛

5 minutes ago, W6er said:

You don't think that someone choosing to kill another human being purely out of curiosity is interesting? 😵 I would suggest the fact that the story emanates from South Korea and is one of the most read stories on the BBC, suggests your view is not typical. :wink: Given your prolific engagement in the Weather Report thread, I would have thought you'd find a story like this absolutely riveting. 😛

I think that the fact you find someone killing someone is interesting rather worrying.

You also seem to have a passion for Korea, maybe you should move there?

Oh, and there you go again, when it's pointed out your posts are questionable you end with utter irrelevant shite.

Keep it up. 

Two articles from the Guardian and BBC  trying to convince us that medieval England was not a white homogenous country (despite the DNA evidence to suggest otherwise) but a multicultural society with black people not only being victims of the plague but also being victims racism! Yes it’s not 1984 it’s 2023 and this is the lies that are being taught to our children. Luckily there are still people out there that are ready to challenge these post truth charlatans (see video below) 

FF931437-5923-4BDD-8119-08119FD0D28F.jpeg

2A9EB6C7-CB58-435E-9687-EE6990924A6E.jpeg

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

On 11/24/2023 at 8:05 PM, W6er said:

---

🤯

Absolutely shocking. 

Was she a local or a asylum seeker asking for a friend 

I just can’t understand the modern woke agenda that wants to destroy tradition……..

The club's website explains: "As the Southern states lost the war, and due to the fact that this part of America supplied us then, as now, with most of the trends that influence our music, dress and dance, it is the Southern flag (often called the Confederate Battle flag) which is folded."

The ceremony is accompanied by the 1972 Elvis Presley hit, An American Trilogy, a song which combines the southern Confederacy's unofficial anthem, Dixie, with the northern Union's Battle Hymn of the Republic.

The website adds that the occasion "takes the form of a more traditional salute that encompasses both a flag folding ceremony and a number of shots fired in tribute.

"We dedicate the American Trilogy as a salute in memory of all those men and women lost from both sides," it says.

20 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Was she a local or a asylum seeker asking for a friend 

South Korea doesn't accept many asylum seekers:

https://www.worlddata.info/asia/south-korea/asylum.php

Just look at that table! 😲

Japan accepts less than 1% of asylum seekers, too: 

https://www.economist.com/asia/2023/06/28/japan-is-making-asylum-even-harder-for-refugees

They've also proposed a bill that would mean migrants are detained indefinitely, well presumably until they're removed from the country:

The Japanese government is set to imminently reintroduce an amendment bill to the country’s Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act, which allows the authorities to detain irregular migrants indefinitely. This includes people who enter to seek asylum or attempt to seek asylum after entering the country.

Source: https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2023/03/japan-endless-detention-migrants-speak-out-as-government-proposes-harsh-immigration-bill/

I never knew any of that! Thanks for the inspiration. :) 

2 hours ago, W6er said:

https://www.economist.com/asia/2023/06/28/japan-is-making-asylum-even-harder-for-refugees

They've also proposed a bill that would mean migrants are detained indefinitely, well presumably until they're removed from the country:

I hope we, as a nation, don't join this race to the bottom of friendship and decency.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I hope we, as a nation, don't join this race to the bottom of friendship and decency.

It's not a new thing in Japan:

Japan accepted just 20 asylum seekers last year – despite a record 19,628 applications – drawing accusations that the country is unfairly closing its door on people in genuine need.

Since 2010, Japan has granted work permits to asylum seekers with valid visas to work while their refugee claims were reviewed, a change the government says has fuelled a dramatic rise in “bogus” applications from people who are simply seeking work.

According to figures released this week, the number of applicants in 2017 rose 80% from a year earlier, when 28 out of almost 11,000 requests were recognised.

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/16/japan-asylum-applications-2017-accepted-20

Japan also has the highest average IQ in the world, too, apparently:

https://wisevoter.com/country-rankings/average-iq-by-country/

5 hours ago, W6er said:

That right ! Then what have they done with the 40.000 North Korean's that have jumped the dyke :blink: sent them to us 

And I'm sure there must be some illegals nipped {no pun intented} in to Japan unnoticed and blended in with the locals 

Eddie Murphy Hello GIF by Coming to America

8 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

That right ! Then what have they done with the 40.000 North Korean's that have jumped the dyke :blink: sent them to us 

And I'm sure there must be some illegals nipped {no pun intented} in to Japan unnoticed and blended in with the locals 

Eddie Murphy Hello GIF by Coming to America

North Koreans are automatic citizens of South Korea! :) 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You use Korea as some sort of hell when debating free speech yet you do a complete 180 and are now selling it as the way ahead on immigration. 

You're funny. 

There's a BIG difference between North Korea and South Korea. The former is a Communist state, where the 'cult of personality'* has led to a dynasty. The latter is an advanced, capitalist state.

Despite being the same people, South Koreans are much taller and have a longer life expectancy. Also, just like East Germany, North Korea has to stop her citizens from fleeing the country.

I think it is quite interesting. :) 

* the original Kim, AKA 'Dear Leader', didn't defecate, invented pretty much everything and got a hole in one all the time when playing golf. He was some guy!

36 minutes ago, W6er said:

North Koreans are automatic citizens of South Korea! :) 

There's a BIG difference between North Korea and South Korea. The former is a Communist state, where the 'cult of personality'* has led to a dynasty. The latter is an advanced, capitalist state.

Despite being the same people, South Koreans are much taller and have a longer life expectancy. Also, just like East Germany, North Korea has to stop her citizens from fleeing the country.

I think it is quite interesting. :) 

* the original Kim, AKA 'Dear Leader', didn't defecate, invented pretty much everything and got a hole in one all the time when playing golf. He was some guy!

So does your capitalist of all capitalist's big Donald Trump....  But his were the best hole in ones ever 

16 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

So does your capitalist of all capitalist's big Donald Trump....  But his were the best hole in ones ever 

True, but I don't think even Trump would claim to have got 11 in one round...

Legend has it that a double rainbow and a glowing new star appeared in the heavens to herald the birth of Kim Jong Il, in 1942, on North Korea's cherished Baekdu Mountain. Soviet records, however, indicate he was born in the Siberian village of Vyatskoye, in 1941. The people of North Korea, many of whom are reportedly battling famine, are apparently told that Kim's birthday is celebrated throughout the world.

(...)

Official records reportedly show that Kim learned to walk at the age of three weeks, and was talking at eight weeks. While at Kim Il Sung University, he apparently wrote 1,500 books over a period of three years, along with six full operas. According to his official biography, all of his operas are "better than any in the history of music." Then there's his sporting prowess. In 1994, Pyongyang media reported that the first time Kim picked up a golf club, he shot a 38-under par round on North Korea's only golf course, including 11 holes-in-one. Reports say each of his 17 bodyguards verified the record-breaking feat. He then decided to retire from the sport forever.

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/media/kim-jong-il-10-weird-facts-propaganda/

Walking at three weeks, talking at eight weeks...it's fair to say he was a precocious child! 😆

2 hours ago, W6er said:

He wasn't the original, that was his da, Kim Il Sung, AKA the "Great Leader".

49 minutes ago, W6er said:

True, but I don't think even Trump would claim to have got 11 in one round...

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/media/kim-jong-il-10-weird-facts-propaganda/

Walking at three weeks, talking at eight weeks...it's fair to say he was a precocious child! 😆

I can assure you if that liar Kim claims 11 holes in one honest Donald has had 12 

Loop Trump GIF   I had   18 

20 minutes ago, Slarti said:

He wasn't the original, that was his da, Kim Il Sung, AKA the "Great Leader".

Indeed. Thanks for clarifying that. 👍

15 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I can assure you if that liar Kim claims 11 holes in one honest Donald has had 12 

Loop Trump GIF   I had   18 

He has a massive ego, it's true. 😆

At least he needs to be elected into power, though. 

I have some repenting to do 🙏 However, this has made me laugh for a good few minutes today:

Swindon gold digger, 15, stabbed man who failed to buy expensive gifts

A 15-year-old gold digger who formed a fake relationship with a man went on to stab him in the head – after he failed to buy her the expensive gifts she demanded.

Chloe Coster posed as a 19-year-old online before forming a relationship with 35-year-old Sufian Abusufian in 2020, telling him that she would like to marry him.

(...)

Alec Small, prosecuting, said that Coster tricked the man into thinking that she was in love with him – but continually belittled him in messages and demanded expensive gifts.

On one occasion she attended a Travelodge where Mr Abusufian was staying and asked for £200 before running out of the hotel. On realising she’d left without other gifts, she returned and collected a bracelet before running off again.

Mr Small said that Coster saved the man into her phone under the name ‘Annoying C**t’, whilst he had saved her number as ‘My Hope’ – showing “disparity in the relationship”.

(...)

He paid her taxi fare and took her to his room, where she grabbed a packet of Maoam sweets and put them in her pocket. Coster then started searching the room for other gifts.

When she was unable to find any, she became angry and there was a struggle. She went on to repeatedly stab Mr Abusufian; he sustained knife wounds to his ear, arm and top of his head.

The defendant then told the victim that if he reported it to the police, he would get into trouble as she was actually 15 years old. In messages following the attack, she wrote: “You know I’m young, you’re an old man who tried to kidnap me”. She added: “I’m young, you will get in trouble.”

Mr Abusufian went to hospital for treatment, but doctors informed the police. Coster was subsequently arrested and questioned, where she lied about her involvement and claimed the victim was a stalker.

In a pre-sentence report, she told the probation officer: “If he wants to be weird to me, I will get out of it what I want.”

Source: https://www.wiltshire999s.co.uk/swindon-gold-digger-stabbed-buy-gifts/

She appears to be a callous, mercenary individual. :( 

However, I haven't laughed so hard since I read about an 'e-thot' who was making thousands from selling her farts in a jar. 🤣

Not sure why anyone would want to drive in and around central London. I’ve done it back in the 80s/90s but it has become much harder. 
Why lie if you have nothing to hide? If your career and personal life depends on driving then consider the impact of gathering penalty points.

Passed my test in the 1980s and never had one penalty point. I’ve driven hundreds of thousands of miles across the whole country. 

Perhaps I’ve been very lucky or just been law abiding where situations demand it. 

Surely the impact of having that amount of penalty points will incur significant increases to insurance? Or maybe she doesn’t bother with that either?