In other news - random news stories of interest

W6er

Maybe Humza was wanting to ask Erdagan why he doesn’t support the bombing of Gaza by Israel to eliminate a terrorist threat but he is happy for Turkey to bomb refugee camps? Oh what a conundrum! He could perhaps also of just been asking for the secret of how to build ferry’s 5 years quicker and on budget. 

C4F16B36-BA3B-480F-951C-92E13189FACA.jpeg

2 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

This type of nonsense from a majority of the SNP support does more harm than good.

Continual bitter name calling, highlighting ANYTHING they see as some sort of point scoring rather than focusing on the decent stuff, and there are some, just continues to see me, and plenty like me, never vote for anything SNP related. 

It's rife on this forum, it was even worse during the build up to the referendum in 2014, especially on other social media platforms, and will never cease. 

It will be there down fall. The Alex Salmond SNP actually achieved real change (free prescriptions, free university education, low income family support) the current and previous SNP leadership have been at the helm of the ferry’s fiasco, record NHS waiting lists and the destruction of local services. What are there priorities? Gender recognition bill and banning conversion therapy for LGBT. So basically a bill for the rights of 0.85% of the Scottish population and a bill for a practice that is only really prevalent in the USA. Anyone know of any conversion therapy incidents in Scotland? 

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

It will be there down fall. The Alex Salmond SNP actually achieved real change (free prescriptions, free university education, low income family support) the current and previous SNP leadership have been at the helm of the ferry’s fiasco, record NHS waiting lists and the destruction of local services. What are there priorities? Gender recognition bill and banning conversion therapy for LGBT. So basically a bill for the rights of 0.85% of the Scottish population and a bill for a practice that is only really prevalent in the USA. Anyone know of any conversion therapy incidents in Scotland? 

I really do agree that the SNP led coalition has been a failure on a monumental scale. That is without doubt. They have been guilty of allowing the tail to wag the dog just so they can ensure the greens allow them to claim a majority for independence. An unnecessary step IMO as the greens would vote for the majority of the policies the SNP on their own would propose while not having to push through the marginal stuff. The ferries are a different kettle of fish. It is almost always the case that, when any of our governments get involved with this sort of thing it spirals. Just look at HS2 fiasco for reference.

That being said. In this election it is NOT a vote simply for the SNP. It's far more important. I really believe we can garnish support by ensuring we don't allow the unionist to claim the narrative of "SNP bad" but instead ensure the message that a vote for SNP is a vote for self rule and, ultimately, a vote to disband the SNP. It's to choose autonomy. A vote for an independent Scotland, free from the more and more right wing  alternative, no matter which of the major parties prevail. 

6 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

This type of nonsense from a majority of the SNP support does more harm than good.

Continual bitter name calling, highlighting ANYTHING they see as some sort of point scoring rather than focusing on the decent stuff, and there are some, just continues to see me, and plenty like me, never vote for anything SNP related. 

It's rife on this forum, it was even worse during the build up to the referendum in 2014, especially on other social media platforms, and will never cease. 

But he did f**k a pig ……& a dead one at that . Do you have a problem with the truth ? 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

Unless you can back up some "story" I'd suggest that you don't know and I would also suggest it's unlikely. 

Let's not beat about the bush here, that type of shite has become normal but if it keeps you happy, fire in mate. 

In fairness I think it’s fairly well documented that this was part of Cameron’s initiation process into the Bullingdon Club, an absolutely abhorrent collection of entitled, rich kids that believe their role is to shite all over the “lesser” classes as some sort of right of passage.

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

In fairness I think it’s fairly well documented that this was part of Cameron’s initiation process into the Bullingdon Club, an absolutely abhorrent collection of entitled, rich kids that believe their role is to shite all over the “lesser” classes as some sort of right of passage.

But he denied it .
And we all know when an oxbridge Tory posh boy denies something - they’re definitely honestly telling the truth 😂🙄 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Far be it be it for me to suggest that faraway/long John baldy is more accurate than usual about anything, but…

…this time (despite fartaway/long John baldy not being allowed to post in here) I think he’s right.

The Cameron/pig thing is probably shite.

(although it might have been a studenty fancy of his…j

25 minutes ago, antrin said:

Far be it be it for me to suggest that faraway/long John baldy is more accurate than usual about anything, but…

…this time (despite fartaway/long John baldy not being allowed to post in here) I think he’s right.

The Cameron/pig thing is probably shite.

(although it might have been a studenty fancy of his…j

The Cameron / Pig thing is probably shite ??  

Perhaps . But methinks someone is telling Porkies.  😉

I’m sure many of us grew up in working environments that had initiation “rights of passage”.

As this is a football forum, the players these days perhaps have to sing to the rest of the players when they join the club. 

Back when Bone, Abercromby, Fitzpatrick, McGarvey, etc were first team players I’m sure the last thing the new players were doing was X-factor auditions. 

The armed forces also used to have some rigorous “initiations”. 

Survive and thrive is the order of the day. 

On 12/16/2023 at 1:53 PM, ALBIONSAINT said:

Surely this can’t be legal? You can’t treat applicants for a job differently based on their gender and skin colour.

8CA0EE62-4823-4D1B-93B7-D9D6E6D44030.jpeg

She is responsible to her shareholders, customers and employees, who all expect that the recruitment process is fair.  It's actually refreshing to me that she is taking this interest in senior roles 

35 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

She is responsible to her shareholders, customers and employees, who all expect that the recruitment process is fair.  It's actually refreshing to me that she is taking this interest in senior roles 

I am completely for supporting diversity within the workplace (and outside of course) but I’ve seen some situations where the best candidate for the job has been overlooked for a box-ticking exercise.

I have also witnessed significant educational bias throughout my career where having an Oxbridge degree trumps everything else. 

I had no degree and this was a barrier throughout my career to progress up the ranks. 

I like to see such decisions but does she have certain bias towards her “preferences” rather than what is best for the company and shareholders?

20 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I really do agree that the SNP led coalition has been a failure on a monumental scale. That is without doubt. They have been guilty of allowing the tail to wag the dog just so they can ensure the greens allow them to claim a majority for independence. An unnecessary step IMO as the greens would vote for the majority of the policies the SNP on their own would propose while not having to push through the marginal stuff. The ferries are a different kettle of fish. It is almost always the case that, when any of our governments get involved with this sort of thing it spirals. Just look at HS2 fiasco for reference.

That being said. In this election it is NOT a vote simply for the SNP. It's far more important. I really believe we can garnish support by ensuring we don't allow the unionist to claim the narrative of "SNP bad" but instead ensure the message that a vote for SNP is a vote for self rule and, ultimately, a vote to disband the SNP. It's to choose autonomy. A vote for an independent Scotland, free from the more and more right wing  alternative, no matter which of the major parties prevail. 

I tip my cap to you sir, a measured, respectful response to a political point 👍🏻

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

I think it would be “fair” to check all senior post candidates, why just white candidates? She also made some generalisations about the old boys network that are outdated. 

2 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Headlines like this don’t help either…….

429D0F1B-3D3A-4A3A-A6A7-3BB3E92948D0.jpeg

Why should an in-law's offences reflect on any other member of the family? This headline really does smacks of "SNP bad" even when only by association that he had no control over. The unionist media are definitely running scared of any potential SNP resurgence.

Edited by stlucifer

6 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I have also witnessed significant educational bias throughout my career where having an Oxbridge degree trumps everything else. 

I had no degree and this was a barrier throughout my career to progress up the ranks. 

Your right, lets shut down all Universities so that everyone gets an equal chance. 🤪

• 2 weeks later...

This headline is really interesting, on first glance it appears to say that Scotland was warmer than Rome and the cote de Azure this afternoon (19 degrees) however when you read the article it’s actually a localised common weather effect that happens on mountains across the globe. Why are the BBC trying to fool people into thinking it’s the warmest January on record? 

8D7B1EA2-D301-4386-AE62-9FF35B2F5B4F.jpeg

D7E6A2A0-0A9D-4160-B1E8-885FB7F48C98.jpeg

This headline is really interesting, on first glance it appears to say that Scotland was warmer than Rome and the cote de Azure this afternoon (19 degrees) however when you read the article it’s actually a localised common weather effect that happens on mountains across the globe. Why are the BBC trying to fool people into thinking it’s the warmest January on record? 
8D7B1EA2-D301-4386-AE62-9FF35B2F5B4F.thumb.jpeg.71f0b11c4429793862e6c7da1bea7a9b.jpeg
D7E6A2A0-0A9D-4160-B1E8-885FB7F48C98.thumb.jpeg.2ddfde10de7acc4bb67c4de94750d710.jpeg

I don't see anything about "the warmest January on record". You're sounding a bit "climate change denier" there.

12 hours ago, Slarti said:

I don't see anything about "the warmest January on record". You're sounding a bit "climate change denier" there.

It’s literally the first line of the news article? To be honest they will probably generate a lot of scepticism if they start telling the masses that common localised weather phenomenon (only in mountain ranges, where are the mountain ranges around Rome and Cote de azure?) 

I am still awaiting the mini ice age that the climate experts promised back in the 80s, just saying. 

12 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Can you show your evidence of this claim?

Sure why not. I think I first heard about it on tomorrow’s world? On a timescale somewhere between the ozone layer disappearing and acid rain destroying the world. The timescale for the ice age has now been moved to between 2030-40 according to the Washington post article below. Don’t think I will bother investing in that air pump heater just yet. 

2DBE4589-8F49-4DD4-A970-EA26C511FA78.jpeg

6B22C3E5-B275-4825-B198-14006ABBE5A7.jpeg