Will this forum survive the new hate crime act?

28 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Given the history of, let’s say robust dialogue on the forum over the years, are posters going to be less casual about the material and comments they post on here? 

C1CBC01A-E56D-4A72-8326-49587B49ED7B.jpeg

The forum, after another nail delivered recently, is on it's last legs anyway.

As for your question, I'd assume the current moderator will do his usual and monitor the forum closely. :lol:

Specifically, the bill criminalizes threatening or abusive behavior based on a person's age, disability, race, color, nationality (including citizenship), or ethnic or national origins, religion or perceived religious affiliation, sexual orientation, transgender identity, or variations in sex characteristics.

10 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Given the history of, let’s say robust dialogue on the forum over the years, are posters going to be less casual about the material and comments they post on here? 

C1CBC01A-E56D-4A72-8326-49587B49ED7B.jpeg

Would Gary Neville get away with this nowadays..................:lol:

Gary Neville on playing against Liverpool:
"I used to love playing at Anfield, 90 minutes worth of insults about my appearance, mainly from blokes who looked like extras off Planet of the Apes. I remember one game, a little chubby lad shouted "Oi Gary, my Dad says you're a w*nker!
" | turned round and said "Yeah? I've got 8 Premier League medals, what have you got besides diabetes? You fat little tw*t!"
He was in floods of tears, that's what the rivalry is all about.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

"I used to love playing at Anfield, 90 minutes worth of insults about my appearance, mainly from blokes who looked like extras off Planet of the Apes. I remember one game, a little chubby lad shouted "Oi Gary, my Dad says you're a w*nker!
" | turned round and said "Yeah? I've got 8 Premier League medals, what have you got besides diabetes? You fat little tw*t!"

Body shaming, hate crime, 3 months in Big hoose. 

On 3/21/2024 at 6:10 AM, faraway saint said:

He was in floods of tears?! 😂

I think Neville imagined that. 

The fact is people should behave themselves, but if they don't that should not be a matter for the police. Being verbally abusive to someone should never be a matter for the authorities, regardless of what is said, unless it is threatening, IMHO. That's pretty much how it was until the 1980s and it's how it is in the US. 

On 3/20/2024 at 8:35 PM, faraway saint said:

The forum, after another nail delivered recently, is on it's last legs anyway.

As for your question, I'd assume the current moderator will do his usual and monitor the forum closely. :lol:

Specifically, the bill criminalizes threatening or abusive behavior based on a person's age, disability, race, color, nationality (including citizenship), or ethnic or national origins, religion or perceived religious affiliation, sexual orientation, transgender identity, or variations in sex characteristics.

Don’t know where you got the cut n paste bit but hopefully whoever put that together is first to be prosecuted for crimes against spelling - it’s colour !!

something must be done about this blatant spellaphobia !! 😑

17 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I'm not going to watch it as the law is still in place as written,

therefore the above is merely reactionary clickbait for brain-dead trolls who need someone else to hate in order to divert from their self-loathing

image.jpeg.82a35b1fb1671db1f20cebddf5bc6c18.jpeg

On 4/2/2024 at 5:59 PM, shull said:

In other words

" I am sickened that i won't have a chance to spend a big chunk of my billions in helping to ensure that something that was never going to happen anyway doesn't happen".  "You are all a shower of plebs" (copyright JKR 2024).

4 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I'm not going to watch it as the law is still in place as written,

therefore the above is merely reactionary clickbait for brain-dead trolls who need someone else to hate in order to divert from their self-loathing

Some more reactionary brain dead self-loathers, enjoy 👍🏻

2C461FE2-BE3E-4020-A0EC-78287DFA0A04.jpeg