Saturday The Turning Point

I predicted we would lose the first 3 games and it all nearly happened but we scrapped through a draw with Morton. I went to the Dumbarton game and wasn't too impressed but thought the quality of player was much better than last season. In addition I think Murray does know what he is doing and is a born leader having been captain at both Hibs and Rangers.

In a Man U esq fashion ( being slated for not scoring and Rooney past it) I think we will hump Livi on Saturday in the same way Utd proved their doubters wrong tonight.

The signings have been astute and the Board have hired a decent manager who will deliver the goods.

I might even go again on Saturday just to witness it with my own eyes.

I predicted we would lose the first 3 games and it all nearly happened but we scrapped through a draw with Morton. I went to the Dumbarton game and wasn't too impressed but thought the quality of player was much better than last season. In addition I think Murray does know what he is doing and is a born leader having been captain at both Hibs and Rangers.

In a Man U esq fashion ( being slated for not scoring and Rooney past it) I think we will hump Livi on Saturday in the same way Utd proved their doubters wrong tonight.

The signings have been astute and the Board have hired a decent manager who will deliver the goods.

I might even go again on Saturday just to witness it with my own eyes.

I hope you are right Bud, a home win is crucial to get this ever growing monkey off our backs.

Que sera, sera.

Fwiw I thought we'd start freely and with little inhibition ffs, just how wrong one can be

All this quantifying and time lining things into its this week its a turnaround, or next week is a win or bust etc etc etc , jist disnae work.

Hmm, there's even the counter argument , from a Livi perspective, I bet they cannot wait to get into us Part 2

Presently St Mirren are on a hiding to nothing from us, do we expect to roll over Livingston , should we , how can we , what arrogance perhaps.

I'll not be there which makes for an even more uncomfortable afternoon , wondering if , hoping that, somehow we overcome, erm Livingston

sad.png

If we can get a win on Saturday and other results go our way then things suddenly don’t look so bad. QoS play Rangers so good chance they will lose, Hibs play Raith Rovers so a draw is probably best for us there. Falkirk play Dumbarton on Friday night so hopefully Dumbarton take something there. Bit of luck and Saints win and we could be only 5 or 6 points off 2nd place and already played Rangers away, not the end of the world.

If we can get a win on Saturday and other results go our way then things suddenly dont look so bad. QoS play Rangers so good chance they will lose, Hibs play Raith Rovers so a draw is probably best for us there. Falkirk play Dumbarton on Friday night so hopefully Dumbarton take something there. Bit of luck and Saints win and we could be only 5 or 6 points off 2nd place and already played Rangers away, not the end of the world.

Good analysis.

How very dare you apply a positive perspective!

If we can get a win on Saturday and other results go our way then things suddenly dont look so bad. QoS play Rangers so good chance they will lose, Hibs play Raith Rovers so a draw is probably best for us there. Falkirk play Dumbarton on Friday night so hopefully Dumbarton take something there. Bit of luck and Saints win and we could be only 5 or 6 points off 2nd place and already played Rangers away, not the end of the world.

And if my auntie had balls...

However...

Second place is a nice to have and we shouldn't be too bothered about other results at this stage.

If we win on Saturday then we won't be far off the top 4. A couple of wins in a row may see us in the top 4.

Another defeat however...

Obviously every game is important but because of our bad start the next 5 games are massive:

Livi (H)

QoS (A)

Falkirk (H)

Raith (H)

Hibs (A)

All of them apart from Livi are either currently in the top 4 or you would expect to be come the end of the season.

We need to win the home games and at least draw the away games I think.

I am not even thinking about another defeat, however winning breeds confidence as does consistency of team and tactics. So we have another newbie and what does Murray do, go with Shankland- Gallagher and play 442 . IMHO I want to see Mallan in, he drives from front. I still have confidence , I guess we all need patience but that's why we support Saints, its always hope , I still believe this will be a good season, but Sat is a marker.

Sorry is this a realistic projection.... Or your coupon for the weekend..?

Bet Ladbrokes luv you!

Edited by Lord Pityme

There seems some very irresponsible betting going on here.

Lets look at what predictions happened last year.

Relegation from SPL favs- Caley , Ross County- Wrong 3rd and 9th . Caley just missed out on relegation by 28 pts

Championship Winners- Sevco. eh wrong 3rd . Sevco just missed out by24 pts

Premiership Play off, Massive Favs Sevco against poor wee Well . Eh Close 6-1 Well.

Point (labored I grant you)

Don't expect expected. We at this stage could lose next 33 or win them. My money would be down middle and a play off place

There seems some very irresponsible betting going on here.

Lets look at what predictions happened last year.

Relegation from SPL favs- Caley , Ross County- Wrong 3rd and 9th . Caley just missed out on relegation by 28 pts

Championship Winners- Sevco. eh wrong 3rd . Sevco just missed out by24 pts

Premiership Play off, Massive Favs Sevco against poor wee Well . Eh Close 6-1 Well.

Point (labored I grant you)

Don't expect expected. We at this stage could lose next 33 or win them. My money would be down middle and a play off place

Bit off topic but Caley definitely weren't favourites to go down last year. Us, Ross County Hamilton and Dundee would all have been more favoured to go down.. probably killie too.