Derek Scrimgour

And our streets safer to drive on.

Good on them.

By charging people for carrying a couple of fish suppers in their car?

Aye very good.

Maybe they could sit on Brediland Road and catch a few of the arseholes who shoot down there at 50/60 mph.

Might be too much like hard work though.

By charging people for carrying a couple of fish suppers in their car?

Aye very good.

Maybe they could sit on Brediland Road and catch a few of the arseholes who shoot down there at 50/60 mph.

Might be too much like hard work though.

Are you happy for people to drive without insurance?

You do realise if a delivery driver crashed into you withiut business insurance they wouldn't be covered.

No doubt you would be greetin like the proverbial wean when the police arrived.

Their latest scam I heard from a taxi driver pal is to wait near Indian or Chinese takeaways and then pull the delivery driver. They check the drivers' insurance to make sure it's covered for business use or they do them for driving without insurance.

In what way is it scam?

Driving without insurance is an offence.

Are you happy for people to drive without insurance?

You do realise if a delivery driver crashed into you withiut business insurance they wouldn't be covered.

No doubt you would be greetin like the proverbial wean when the police arrived.

I'd rather idiots driving at 50/60 mph in a 30 mph area were targeted than an easy charge by sitting outside a chip shop.

The insurance matter is more of a dig at insurance rules.

What difference does it make if someone crashes into you who is delivering a box of fish suppers as opposed to someone who has been driving like a wanker with no fish suppers?

Wrong targets IMO.

Which do you think merits more focus?

P.S. I actually believe that Police Scotland do a very difficult job pretty well overall. I'm all for stop and search.thumbup2.gif

Edited by FTOF

I'd rather idiots driving at 50/60 mph in a 30 mph area were targeted than an easy charge by sitting outside a chip shop.

The insurance matter is more of a dig at insurance rules.

What difference does it make if someone crashes into you who is delivering a box of fish suppers as opposed to someone who has been driving like a wanker with no fish suppers?

Wrong targets IMO.

Which do you think merits more focus?

The whole point is they are not insured.

In most cases insurance companies add it for free if you ask.

I got it free on mine as I require if I have to drive to another station during work.

Both are equally "targeted" by traffic as they are both offences.

The whole point is they are not insured.

In most cases insurance companies add it for free if you ask.

I got it free on mine as I require if I have to drive to another station during work.

Both are equally "targeted" by traffic as they are both offences.

Maybe it's more of an oversight rather than deliberate avoidance then, if it's usually free.

Shouldn't a warning suffice?

Maybe it's more of an oversight rather than deliberate avoidance then, if it's usually free.

Shouldn't a warning suffice?

Tbh when I joined the job 14 years ago the "attitude test" was used a lot more and I still use it to a large extent.

A warning could suffice but can you imagine the blamefest if that driver killed somebody 5 minutes later.

It would be another stick with which to beat the police.

Tbh when I joined the job 14 years ago the "attitude test" was used a lot more and I still use it to a large extent.

A warning could suffice but can you imagine the blamefest if that driver killed somebody 5 minutes later.

It would be another stick with which to beat the police.

I can see your point.

I disagree with the current witch hunt against the police.

Believe me I know all about uninformed criticism in relation to a person's chosen profession. However, I don't give a f**k as I'm on holiday next week, although November's a bastard, as there's no holidays that month.whistling.gif

Edited by FTOF

I can see your point.

I disagree with the current witch hunt against the police.

Believe me I know all about uninformed criticism in relation to a person's chosen profession. However, I don't give a f**k as I'm on holiday next week, although November's a bastard, as there's no holidays that month.whistling.gif

I'm on the countdown till November as I've got 3 weeks off.

Also getting married dyring that time so will be busy!!!

• 3 years later...
On 4/14/2006 at 10:26 PM, mcgoldrick_14 said:

Just back from a football kickbout at Linwood where former keeper Derek Scrimgour was supervising as he is a policeman.

Anyway he said to me that he was one of the few who german JENS PAESLACK bumped stuff from including money and other items from players.

He also said that he didnt get on with very well with Tom Hendrie as because he was a schoolteacher he came in and treated the players like children !!! However, to be fair to Hendrie this might just be sour grapes from the big man as Hendrie did drop him and bring in one of St Mirren's best ever keeper Ludo Roy.

Mentioned in The Wal(l) of shame thread. 

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Indeed I have 

I'm really glad you decided to go back on your lengthy, self-imposed and attention seeking exile of ummm.... a couple of days to provide the masses with more content-rich, insightful commentaries such as those shown on the last couple of posts. 🙄

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Indeed I have 

I'm really glad you decided to go back on your lengthy, self-imposed and attention seeking exile of ummm.... a couple of days to provide the masses with more content-rich, insightful commentaries such as those shown on the last couple of posts. 🙄

I'm really glad you decided to go back on your lengthy, self-imposed and attention seeking exile of ummm.... a couple of days to provide the masses with more content-rich, insightful commentaries such as those shown on the last couple of posts. [emoji849]

New York New York ?

• div locked this topic