The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

I am really fascinated by this constant suggestion that I should get in touch with Mr. Atkinson to get the full details of this 'deal'. I presume that if I did and then posted details of what I was told, DIV, ST SID, and KTF who seem strangely keen on this deal - (do they perhaps have any eyes on a seat on the Board ?) would then tell me that this is not the real story, and shout a few more sad insults.

Ktf do you talk to your 'wee one' like you write on here ?

The solution to all this is very easy. Please Mr. Atkinson come on here and tell me how wrong I am. Please spend 10 or 15 minutes telling us all how it would all work, how much debt of what sort is involved, what's in it for you, and answer the many other genuine questions that I and other have asked over the last few days.

Just to add to the list of unanswered questions. How does any SIMISA money fit into this jigsaw ?

If you phoned Mr.Atkinson and he gave you the answer your looking for,you don't have to come back on here to give us the detail.

You can be all smug and keep it to yourself.That way no one will suggest it's not the real story.

I'm personnelly quite happy to wait until thier ready to make a statement.Which I believe won't happen until near the end of season.

I've not been about in a while, would a kind Buddie please explain to me, briefly and without bias, who Mr Atkinson is? I'm too lazy to read through the several hundred posts that seem to have built up on the subject.

Great news that its going to be on the TV. That will save me £20 as there is no way I'll be going to the game, particularly with the clown of a manager we've got in charge.

It's comforting to know that some things never change. :rolleyes:

Edited by RossTheBoss

I've not been about in a while, would a kind Buddie please explain to me, briefly and without bias, who Mr Atkinson is? I'm too lazy to read through the several hundred posts that seem to have built up on the subject.

It's comforting to know that some things never change. :rolleyes:

Never heard of you, but welcome back whoever you are. Mr Atkinson is an asset stripper with demonic tendencies who out to wrench the soul from the writhing body of our club whilst we all look on in horror - according to animal. If, on the other hand you are a sane supporter, then he is the chap trying to deliver a community orientated football club, where the fans will be more actively involved than they could ever have imagined, whilst placing the club right at the heart of the wider community of Renfrewshire.

I wouldn't worry too much as to who Mr Atkinson is or isn't because, as far as the CIC is concerned:

All this rhetoric is, as far as I can see, academic as there is next to no chance of Mr Atkinson's plan coming to fruition.

It has been intimated to me that this CIC project is doomed to failure so, Knickerwetters worried about the demise of our club, keep the nappies as there appears to be no "plan B". Knickerwetters worried about the takeover and subsequent CIC status, keep the nappies as this was the only plan and every one of you will be united in a pool of P**h when the nappies overflow!

Edited by john

I wouldn't worry too much as to who Mr Atkinson is or isn't because, as far as the CIC is concerned:

All this rhetoric is, as far as I can see, academic as there is next to no chance of Mr Atkinson's plan coming to fruition.

It has been intimated to me that this CIC project is doomed to failure so, Knickerwetters worried about the demise of our club, keep the nappies as there appears to be no "plan B". Knickerwetters worried about the takeover and subsequent CIC status, keep the nappies as this was the only plan and every one of you will be united in a pool of P**h when the nappies overflow!

As previously requested John, can you substantiate that? Just where does this intimation come from?

It seems highly strange that a Saint Mirren fan would come on here trying to turn people against the only really valid offer on the table for taking the club forward. The fans want involved, surely if you're a fan you'd want involved, and the CIC proposes that. If you don't want to do some work and push the club on, if the apathy is so bad that there's truely no point for you then fair enough...let everyone else decide though.

I would be wary of making sweeping statements like that. The CIC process is pretty damn complicated. Until the club presents its plans to the support I will certainly be making no assumptions of it going 100% according to plan until the full proposal is put out to the fans.

There will certainly be rumours of its 100% success and counter rumours about its 100% failure. Best to keep an open mind at the moment. I am certainly leaning towords the 100% success or somewhere close to it - but still too early to nail any colours to an outcome mast as yet.

As John rightly points out even if it doesn't happen, we will still have a solid financial basis for the club to continue running. What it might open up would be input from external investors who just want to take ownership of the club. However, I suspect that any setback would just be a temporary delay to an inevitable outcome of a CIC structure.

It is all about the proposal coming out to the fans...as that will mean we are in a position to progress. I don't think we are far away, but as there has been no hint of a 4pm press conference we're not quite there.

I agree, but it wasn't an assumption. In the conversations that I've had with those involved, the word I keeps getting back is, "it's going as well as it possibly could at this stage."

Ok, now that may not be 100% to plan, but it is certainly a damn sight better than the news that John has been given, the news of which he is unwilling to share his source or substantiate in any way...

Boring copy, cut, paste... :blink: :blink: :blink:

To be honest, I'd like to see the selling consortium hand over the 52% to the CIC with a payment plan agreed for the £2 million that their shares are reputed to be worth. The club are at a point now where support is going to continue to dwindle unless something major happens, the almost inevitable SPL vote for a 10 team league will also hasten that. That major isn't going to be a new manager, major investment or a sudden vote for a 16 or 18 team league that might just give the club room to breath.

I realise those Directors want their money, but don't they also want a vibrant...by Scottish terms...club. Heck, for £10 a month they could join the CIC anyway and possibly even stand for election to the board.

To be honest, I'd like to see the selling consortium hand over the 52% to the CIC with a payment plan agreed for the £2 million that their shares are reputed to be worth.

I reckon they would do that tomorrow if that offer was on the table.

Unfortunately for the 52% the deal is dead as a dodo if the CIC can't get the funding, and I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this happened.

Heard on the radio on the way home that John Boyle is stepping down from Muthawell at the end of the season. He is walking away asking for no money whatsoever for his shares. Was going to pop this is other football, but throught it might have some relevance to the two million our mob are looking for their shares.

Heard on the radio on the way home that John Boyle is stepping down from Muthawell at the end of the season. He is walking away asking for no money whatsoever for his shares. Was going to pop this is other football, but throught it might have some relevance to the two million our mob are looking for their shares.

Same thought crossed my mind...

Guest TPAFKATS

The happy camper is also a multi millionaire who will no doubt write off any loss against earnings made elsewhere :rolleyes:

There is more chance of muthawell going into administration than of boyle recouping the £10 million that he is reported to have invested in recent years

The happy camper is also a multi millionaire who will no doubt write off any loss against earnings made elsewhere :rolleyes:

There is more chance of muthawell going into administration than of boyle recouping the £10 million that he is reported to have invested in recent years

£0 for 'well shares v £2M for 52% of St Mirren shares. Surely we can muster a bit of outrage at the BoD now Danny has produced the goods. :P

I agree, but it wasn't an assumption. In the conversations that I've had with those involved, the word I keeps getting back is, "it's going as well as it possibly could at this stage."

Did you bother to ask what is meant by that/

The doctors sometimes say, "As well as can be expected.", just before the patient expires! :rolleyes:

Ok, now that may not be 100% to plan, but it is certainly a damn sight better than the news that John has been given, the news of which he is unwilling to share his source or substantiate in any way...

Boring copy, cut, paste... :blink: :blink: :blink:

The reason it's a copy/paste job is because there is no change in my information and that information is from very reliable sources,..... from outwith the club.

• 4 weeks later...

Well said that man. 10 days until the end of March and no word on how all this will work. The 49% of us 'other' shareholders are being treated like mushrooms - kept in the dark and fed on S**T.

Does anyone know the number (or percentage) of shareholders needed to call another AGM ?

I feel we are sailing slowly to towards a disaster. The CIC scheme only makes (even a very little) sense if we are in the first or even second division. Is that the grand plan Mr. Atkinson ? I think we deserve to know NOW !

Well said that man. 10 days until the end of March and no word on how all this will work. The 49% of us 'other' shareholders are being treated like mushrooms - kept in the dark and fed on S**T.

Does anyone know the number (or percentage) of shareholders needed to call another AGM ?

I feel we are sailing slowly to towards a disaster. The CIC scheme only makes (even a very little) sense if we are in the first or even second division. Is that the grand plan Mr. Atkinson ? I think we deserve to know NOW !

Seeing as you replied to my post with these comments on the OS, I might as well copy my OS post onto here :)

I think the lack of information that has come from the prospective buyers is nothing short of disgraceful – and that’s ignoring the fact shareholders were told at the AGM there would be information out by January at the latest.

I fully accept things are going on behind the scenes we cannot be privvy to – that is as it should be. However, there is some basic information that could be provided to answer questions, such as:

What do two people who have no interest in St. Mirren – and allegedly no interest in football – want with our club?

How exactly will this community club work?

Where is the money going to come from?

What’s the timescale?

And so on.

General answers could be given to these questions without going into the specifics.

The whole community interest stuff doesn’t seem to make any sense to me. If it was such a great idea, why has no one else started on it before? It also seems to be a great way for a potential buyer to get hold of the club without putting their hand in their own pocket – and with no personal wealth involved in the club you have to wonder what they’d do if things got bad.

And if they think they are going to get grants to either fund the takeover or future of the club they can forget it. I know from doing stories that groups have found it hard to get funding due to the economy or the Olympics nicking all the cash. The economy isn’t really improving and instead the Olympics it’ll be the Commonwealth Games.

I remain totally unconvinced that this is the way to go and think some people are keen for it to go ahead just so the current board go. Our club, as far as I am aware, is not in any financial danger, it is merely just going stale because people want out.

No doubt div will tell me I can call Richard Atkinson and co to find out the details, but I don't think we should individually have to go to him to find out answers to such basic questions that won't divulge any of the sensitive information.

What about this for a suggestion:

to make life a bit easier for Mr Atkinson and Mr Stewart, perhaps they could consider explaining to us why they can't tell us a great deal just now. You know, something along the lines of....

We appreciate that St Mirren supporters will be anxious for confirmation and progress reports in terms of our plans for the club. At this time, we are not quite ready to make a more formal announcement due to*:

a) the sensitive nature of certain key negotiations that are ongoing;

b ) the requirement to safeguard the confidentiality of certain business transactions until the ink is dry on the paperwork;

c) the fact that we have a right bad dose of man-flu and haven't been getting out recently;

d) being paralysed with dismay having witnessed yet another last minute capitulation on a Saturday afternoon;

e) having made the decision to chuck it and open a Subway franchise instead.

*delete as appropriate.

Edited by Drew

You are being kept in the dark, you are fed sheeite.....and yet you claim to have enough knowledge regarding the proposals to conclude that it will only work if we are in the lower divisions.

I have heard a few dates / timescales being bandied around - I would take all of them with a pinch of salt as there has never been a clear deadline for the process. The chances of a 4pm press conference any time soon would be slim in my humble opinion. I think it might even be close season before any concrete information becomes available.

The CIC is great news for all supporters - if it goes ahead, and I reckon it will. If it deosn't go ahead then we might well see the club sold with no input from the supporters whatsoever. Animal could shout and scream and pish his pants and it wouldn't matter - the club could be sold and the new owners could do whatever they liked with it. Ironically, the CIC strategy would actually give him the opportunity to have a genuine say in the running of the club, and more importantly it would deliver the safeguards we all want for the future of the club.

Keep of the mushies Animal. :P

You are being kept in the dark, you are fed sheeite.....and yet you claim to have enough knowledge regarding the proposals to conclude that it will only work if we are in the lower divisions.

I have heard a few dates / timescales being bandied around - I would take all of them with a pinch of salt as there has never been a clear deadline for the process. The chances of a 4pm press conference any time soon would be slim in my humble opinion. I think it might even be close season before any concrete information becomes available.

The CIC is great news for all supporters - if it goes ahead, and I reckon it will. If it deosn't go ahead then we might well see the club sold with no input from the supporters whatsoever. Animal could shout and scream and pish his pants and it wouldn't matter - the club could be sold and the new owners could do whatever they liked with it. Ironically, the CIC strategy would actually give him the opportunity to have a genuine say in the running of the club, and more importantly it would deliver the safeguards we all want for the future of the club.

Keep of the mushies Animal. :P

Without having to back track through the thread was March not the month being thrown about by those in the know including yourself Sid.