Club Sale. Developments "very Soon"

div

So have we been bought by Rankgers fans yet?

Well, if this forum is anything to go by, a lot of so called St. Mirren "Fans" will be happy if R*ngers buy the Club and take their place in the League. The amount of Old Firm, and in particular R*ngers, "love ins" is astronomical.

Edited by Tracy Barlow Loyal

Well, if this forum is anything to go by, a lot of so called St. Mirren "Fans" will be happy if R*ngers buy the Club and take their place in the League. The amount of Old Firm, and in particular R*ngers, "love ins" is astronomical.

Hope your talking tongue in cheek here,Tracy. It's so dreary to think that in this day and age if you were born on the green side of the street you are bound to have a soft spot for c*ltic and vice versa for blue side. I was born on the black and white side and I don't particularly care about the old firm or anyone else. As long as most teams survive. We've got to have something to do on a Saturday afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Newsnight Scotland just finished showing a report about Scottish clubs becoming community owned, as an antidote to any more 'Craig Whyte' types coming in. Guess who they talked exclusively with and about? Yup - Motherwell. Leann Dempster enjoyed a lovely 10 minute advertisement for their Well Society, and how Motherwell are trailblazing a new community ownership path.

Where are we? Where is our PR? Anyone have a clue what is going on - and why it appears Motherwell have overtaken us, despite our two year head start?

Newsnight Scotland just finished showing a report about Scottish clubs becoming community owned, as an antidote to any more 'Craig Whyte' types coming in. Guess who they talked exclusively with and about? Yup - Motherwell. Leann Dempster enjoyed a lovely 10 minute advertisement for their Well Society, and how Motherwell are trailblazing a new community ownership path.

Where are we? Where is our PR? Anyone have a clue what is going on - and why it appears Motherwell have overtaken us, despite our two year head start?

Come off it Poz - do you really need to ask that question? The St Mirren / CIC thing was always going to be more complicated. John Boyle is stepping down and gifting his shares to the trust. Whilst at St Mirren there was a need to raise a pile of money from loans and grants against a background of a minority of St Mirren supporters approaching politicians to block the move. Have a look at the list of benefits the Well Society are pledging to their members and then remember how Richard Atkinson said they couldn't do it because it would be taken money out of the playing budget and you'll see another reason why they have raced ahead.

I've got to admit though it sticks in my throat because IMO the Well Society bid is all about individuals and it's got nothing to do with community - as was defined under the 10000hours proposal for the CIC.

Come off it Poz - do you really need to ask that question? The St Mirren / CIC thing was always going to be more complicated. John Boyle is stepping down and gifting his shares to the trust. Whilst at St Mirren there was a need to raise a pile of money from loans and grants against a background of a minority of St Mirren supporters approaching politicians to block the move. Have a look at the list of benefits the Well Society are pledging to their members and then remember how Richard Atkinson said they couldn't do it because it would be taken money out of the playing budget and you'll see another reason why they have raced ahead.

I've got to admit though it sticks in my throat because IMO the Well Society bid is all about individuals and it's got nothing to do with community - as was defined under the 10000hours proposal for the CIC.

Christ, talk about missing the point. Since the r*ngers crisis broke, there has been wall-to-wall coverage of their situation on TV and in the papers. A few programmes over the past month have already done features on community ownership perhaps being the way forward, I never once heard St Mirren's name mentioned as being a club who are trying, I assume still are, to go down this route. Last night, Newsnight Scotland did a more in-depth look at a better way forward than having a Reg Brearly or Craig Whyte turn up at your club - as I said, it was all about the Well Society. Not a word about our attempt (ongoing?) to be the first Scottish club at our level to go down this route. In fact, since the r*ngers crisis broke, I don't think I've heard our name discussed once in this regard. Much talk about Motherwell, and the German clubs, Barcelona...

I asked where our PR is? Why aren't we even mentioned. I thought one of the things to come out of the last 'CIC to Co-op' meeting was the need for better PR, better communication, better publicity to get our message out, and to get it out beyond those who read fan forums.

I haven't seen any. I didn't even mention the mechanics or complexity of the St Mirren or Motherwell plans StuDick, we've been doing that for two years, but you crack on.

Christ, talk about missing the point. Since the r*ngers crisis broke, there has been wall-to-wall coverage of their situation on TV and in the papers. A few programmes over the past month have already done features on community ownership perhaps being the way forward, I never once heard St Mirren's name mentioned as being a club who are trying, I assume still are, to go down this route. Last night, Newsnight Scotland did a more in-depth look at a better way forward than having a Reg Brearly or Craig Whyte turn up at your club - as I said, it was all about the Well Society. Not a word about our attempt (ongoing?) to be the first Scottish club at our level to go down this route. In fact, since the r*ngers crisis broke, I don't think I've heard our name discussed once in this regard. Much talk about Motherwell, and the German clubs, Barcelona...

I asked where our PR is? Why aren't we even mentioned. I thought one of the things to come out of the last 'CIC to Co-op' meeting was the need for better PR, better communication, better publicity to get our message out, and to get it out beyond those who read fan forums.

I haven't seen any. I didn't even mention the mechanics or complexity of the St Mirren or Motherwell plans StuDick, we've been doing that for two years, but you crack on.

I was answering your question on why Motherwell have overtaken you despite your two year head start.

However to pick you up on the point you are making now - who's fault is it? I was at the meeting you are talking about. I watched as Richard Atkinson said he was pulling back from the front of the bid because this wasn't all about Richard Atkinson - something that the more vocal opposition were keen to claim. So who has stepped forward to drive the whole thing through?

A few months ago we saw what was possibly a premature start of some sort of election campaign. Sid declared he wasn't standing for election because he'd be installed as President / Dictator anyway, and IIRC Kenny Morrison and you declared an interest in standing. If that's the case why are you not using this period to show your credentials to the support in driving the bid forward, forming a fighting committee and working out what obstacles need to be battered out of the way to make the whole thing happen? Why is everyone sitting around waiting on the next statement from Richard Atkinson? Is it really because, as I predicted, there isn't the ability, the intellect or the talent amongst the St Mirren support to realise the full potential of what is sat right in front of them?

It's fashionable to point and laugh at the state r*ngers are in. The majority appear to hold the opinion that r*ngers being liquidated will hardly affect St Mirren. An astonishing 87% of respondents in the online poll have said that if r*ngers are liquidated and then re-admitted to the SPL debt free they won't be back to watch St Mirren. There is a demand on the current board of directors to do all in their power to ensure that the SPL is r*ngers free, or else, yet the one thing we can be sure of is that an SPL without r*ngers certainly would have a negative impact on TV Revenues and Sponsorship and Advertising revenues.......and share values.

Conversely a r*ngers Newco would seek to try and find a way to get back to the SPL as quickly as possible and there is a 52% shareholding in a club just a few miles down the road up for grabs for £2m. Indeed it's the only scenario which may actually add value to the shares at St Mirren but the expectation is that Gilmour, McAusland, Campbell, Marshall and Purves would turn their back on the opportunity to put value on their shares to instead make them absolutely worthless. Who said turkeys won't vote for Christmas....rolleyes.gif

Is there any urgency? Any attempt to protect the club once and for all from any threat? Any attempt to ensure the ball keeps rolling towards fan ownership? Nah, cause the perception is that the selling consortium are all St Mirren supporters who value the love and respect of 2,000 odd St Mirren fans to the extent that they would ignore all their business instincts that got them to the position where they could buy into St Mirren in the first place....

Edited by Stuart Dickson

On the last para fishing expedition first off how would you understand what it is to be fan anymore? whistling.gif And the directors must have lost that business instinct in a moment of madness to buy a heap of worthless shares, remortgage their houses, spend endless hours working for St.Mirren and so on. Keep trying...

On the last para fishing expedition first off how would you understand what it is to be fan anymore? whistling.gif And the directors must have lost that business instinct in a moment of madness to buy a heap of worthless shares, remortgage their houses, spend endless hours working for St.Mirren and so on. Keep trying...

Stuart is trying his best to stir up discontent but I don't think anyone is interested anymore.

Stuart is trying his best to stir up discontent but I don't think anyone is interested anymore.

I'm not actually - but you are right that no-one is interested any more. The undeniable truth about St Mirren FC is that the fans of the club trust shareholders who are desperate to sell and get out more than they trust themselves. Richard Atkinson would be better off walking away and concentrating his efforts on clubs where the fans are a bit less naive, and lot more committed to their local community.

I'm not actually - but you are right that no-one is interested any more. The undeniable truth about St Mirren FC is that the fans of the club trust shareholders who are desperate to sell and get out more than they trust themselves. Richard Atkinson would be better off walking away and concentrating his efforts on clubs where the fans are a bit less naive, and lot more committed to their local community.

I wasn't referring to interest in REA speedwagon.rolleyes.gif

I was answering your question on why Motherwell have overtaken you despite your two year head start.

However to pick you up on the point you are making now - who's fault is it? I was at the meeting you are talking about. I watched as Richard Atkinson said he was pulling back from the front of the bid because this wasn't all about Richard Atkinson - something that the more vocal opposition were keen to claim. So who has stepped forward to drive the whole thing through?

I asked why Motherwell have seemingly overtaken us in relation to their PR, and their ability to get a ten minute spot on national TV, while our attempts at becoming a community owned club are seemingly now so far under the radar that they are invisible. The clue in my original post was where I said 'Where is our PR, where are we...'

It isn't a point I made later, it is a point I made in my initial post - which you misunderstood. As I say, I never once mentioned the relative merits of each club's efforts, or went into any detail whatsoever - you did.

The simple fact of the matter is there was a misunderstanding. It's no big deal, other than even when you're wrong - you're right.

I'm actually tired of debating the merits or otherwise of a CIC, CO-op, a Well Society, or a takeover by 'traditional' means. I just want to rack up every second Saturday, buy a pie, watch my team playing fitba' and go home either happy or sad - I just wondered though why we seem to have fallen off the edge of the world, while the Well Society have jumped into the spotlight created by the rather unfortunate cash shortfall situation in Govan.

Developments soon....?

Edited by pozbaird

Guest somner9

I asked why Motherwell have seemingly overtaken us in relation to their PR, and their ability to get a ten minute spot on national TV, while our attempts at becoming a community owned club are seemingly now so far under the radar that they are invisible. The clue in my original post was where I said 'Where is our PR, where are we...'

It isn't a point I made later, it is a point I made in my initial post - which you misunderstood. As I say, I never once mentioned the relative merits of each club's efforts, or went into any detail whatsoever - you did.

The simple fact of the matter is there was a misunderstanding. It's no big deal, other than even when you're wrong - you're right.

I'm actually tired of debating the merits or otherwise of a CIC, CO-op, a Well Society, or a takeover by 'traditional' means. I just want to rack up every second Saturday, buy a pie, watch my team playing fitba' and go home either happy or sad - I just wondered though why we seem to have fallen off the edge of the world, while the Well Society have jumped into the spotlight created by the rather unfortunate cash shortfall situation in Govan.

Developments soon....?

I'm sure I heard "end of May or it's not happening" somewhere????