The Rugby Thread

shull

Thought there was lots to be optimistic about, that's the first time in long enough we've taken something like the Autumn form into the 6 Nations. Hogg, Russel, the Gray brothers, Bennett, all looking really good. Indiscipline killed us and I think we're getting a rep with the refs so they'll award against us if there's any doubt. Given the injury list we have, I'm happy with that performance and looking forward to beating Wales next week.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Big day in Dublin guys so give Ireland a shout wherever you are watching. I'll be watching in our club where the atmosphere for these games is unbelievable. We've got a couple of resident Sassenachs who'll be unbearable if by some accident that mob win. We'll rub it in big style when Ireland triumph though.

They didn't play well though Windae Cleaner. I was at Murryfield yesterday and that was a pile of lacklustre pish that Scotland served up. Had that been a football match we'd have had everyone and their granny calling for the head coaches head and decrying every single player. But because it's rugby it just seems to be accepted.

£40 per ticket that game cost me and for that I'd expect to see at least Scotland players that give a f**k

They didn't play well though Windae Cleaner. I was at Murryfield yesterday and that was a pile of lacklustre pish that Scotland served up. Had that been a football match we'd have had everyone and their granny calling for the head coaches head and decrying every single player. But because it's rugby it just seems to be accepted.

£40 per ticket that game cost me and for that I'd expect to see at least Scotland players that give a f**k

Never saw the game yesterday only going by the pundits said

If Italy beat you at home you haven't played well

There's a losing mentality especially the 6 nations where face it we have been pish for years and years now

Scotland were very average for large parts of hve game , then started making dreadful decisions and poor poor mistakes. Italy simply ground the Scots down and professionally managed Scotland to defeat. You could see Scotland setting themselves for a defeat, especially after celebrating the apparent defence on their own 5m line with four minutes to go. What happened next was just rank rotten rugby

It used to be glorious failure with Scottish rugby, now it's just plain embarassing.

Scotland were very average for large parts of hve game , then started making dreadful decisions and poor poor mistakes. Italy simply ground the Scots down and professionally managed Scotland to defeat. You could see Scotland setting themselves for a defeat, especially after celebrating the apparent defence on their own 5m line with four minutes to go. What happened next was just rank rotten rugby

It used to be glorious failure with Scottish rugby, now it's just plain embarassing.

And yet Murrayfield was still pretty much at capacity. I know there were tickets on sale right up to kick off but regardless there was a huge crowd at the game. Scotland's International Rugby Side gets far more through the gate than their performances have ever deserved. It's something football should be studying too. It's not as if the route to and from Murrayfield is that pleasant. Parking is a nightmare, especially since some idiot decided to schedule Hearts at home at the same time. And although they had more trams running the increased number of people around the area just meant there was congestion as people blocked tram lines.

Inside the stadium there was no segregation. I was sitting three seats in front of a large group of Italians in fancy dress. There probably was some, especially given the events in the last minute but I can honestly say I didn't hear any swearing around me, no offensive songs, and yet at times there was a fair bit of noise. There was a fairly lax policy on alcohol consumption. The guys in front of me had a hip flask each. They were passing them around quite openly with a G4 steward standing no more than 10 feet away. One of them passed me their flask and I commented saying that with my luck I'd get caught and it would be confiscated. As I passed the flask back the steward did approach him, but the problem wasn't the flask, it was the electronic fag he'd taken a puff of.

My ticket was expensive at £40. I was watching a shite set of teams playing sport that I find easier to watch on TV. At £4.50 for a bottle of Tennants I couldn't claim to be that interested in drinking either. I'm also not that big a fan of Murrayfield as a sporting venue. Yet despite all that as a day out with friends it was OK, so much so I might even do it again at some point.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

• 2 weeks later...

3 great games ..millions of points trys controversy ..loved it..

I hope some of you guys drank some of The Black Nectar to celebrate Ireland's victory. I was in our club watching the Scotland match and I hate to admit it but I wasn't nearly as sorry as I should have been when we lost. Felt like a traitor. I would have felt worse if Ireland hadn't won the Six Nations. Boy was the England/France game nail biting! I thought France did really well and got what looked a good try knocked off. The roar at the final whistle would have done Hampden proud.

Our one resident English asshole took it like an Englishman. Badly. Apparently they were the better team in every game and all the 'foreign' refs had it in for them. But the bugger got his revenge. He's a big fat bastard and after the game, I kid you not, he went for a crap that took him about fifteen minutes. The place was honking! The ventilation system system retired hurt.

Terrible Six Nations for Scotland considering many were predicting 2 or 3 wins at least.

I'd give the coach more time though, there has been some progress. Maybe we are waiting for the World Cup to bring out the big guns.

Depressing afternoon being a Scotland (and a Buddies) fan. Otherwise, what a fantastic ending to this years competition! After the Welsh defeat, I thought Ireland had blown it, but so glad I was so wrong. Then, after the Scotland defeat, it all turned around and it was clear England had a mountain to climb. Yes, they are the "Auld Enemy" and they have their fair share of annoying xenophobic plonkers (as do we) but it was a terrific effort on their part and, but for a French team that refused to lie down, would have pulled off a famous victory. Excitement to the wire. What a game! Well done, Ireland! (did I say I'm a quarter Irish?).

Now that we can see the way things are going with the ladies, I hope Scotland finish bottom of their league - just so that we can say our women are less butch than theirs! 8-)