Stockport V St Mirren 27/7/13

Just in, haven't read all the posts. Are we fielding a ginger midfielder trialist? How many friggin' midfielders do we need? Apologies in advance if our latest strawberry blonde is in fact a striker.

Goodwin is playing at the back, so we don't really have a holding midfielder or a ball winner in the middle of the park. McGinn is playing Left Mid so assuming the Newcastle boy is perhaps a similar mould to Newton.

Goodwin is playing at the back, so we don't really have a holding midfielder or a ball winner in the middle of the park. McGinn is playing Left Mid so assuming the Newcastle boy is perhaps a similar mould to Newton.

Going on Lex's posts, it would appear that is the case.

As a ginger myself, I'm all for upping the quota of ginger nuts in Saints squads, but we don't need another midfielder, do we?... McGowan, McGinn, McLean, Harkins, Teale, Robertson...Gie's a ginger Thommo MkII.

As a ginger myself, I'm all for upping the quota of ginger nuts in Saints squads, but we don't need another midfielder, do we?... McGowan, McGinn, McLean, Harkins, Teale, Robertson...Gie's a ginger Thommo MkII.

Apparently the trialist is Michael Richardson midfielder from Newcastle

That was the only good thing about the summer clear out; we'd managed to de-ginge. Still, if the trial is a decent player it's amazing what the can do these days with dyes, wigs & such.

If we are bringing in another midfielder, I don't really see a place for him in the team. Don't think he is anything to write home about based on his performances last season.

He didn't play that much last season to say good, or bad, really like a few players last year. Unfortunately, he seems to be injury prone, so a squad player

He didn't play that much last season to say good, or bad, really like a few players last year. Unfortunately, he seems to be injury prone, so a squad player

Exactly, so if we are over loaded with midfielders, and are bringing in a holding midfielder to allow Goodwin to play at the back, then Robertson should go. No point in paying him a wage if he is not going to get near the first team.

On the plus side, while Inverness are matching up well with Championship Charlton away and Dundee Utd are winning at Championship Wigan, at least after succesive Scottish League 1 defeats we're identifying what level the current squad are at as we hold part-time Blue Square North opponents to a goaless draw.

On bright side Renfrewshire Cup holders 18 minutes from being dumped out the Ramsdens Cup 1st round