Stockport V St Mirren 27/7/13

Will be a great adventure - great wee day out - good pubs local to the ground. Passionate home fans - been there a few times with Tranmere.

Saints 2-1 winners van zantan and new Brazilian loan striker sensation

Crowd - disappointing 1500 in sweltering sun!

Football trivia - which football ground is closest to the River Mersey?

Answer -liverpool - no- Everton - no - Tranmere Rovers - no -Stockport county -hell yeah ! Amaze your bozzer mates with your new knowledge

I am from Didsbury in Manchester which is only 15mins from Stockport, I actually used to watch County's home games during the mid to late 90s heydeys, ask any local about the 3-1 win over City at Edgeley Park in 97-98..................looking forward to making this trip as not been in the ground since I left to come to Scotland in 98, if you want advice on where to drink, stay etc....then let me know

I am from Didsbury in Manchester which is only 15mins from Stockport, I actually used to watch County's home games during the mid to late 90s heydeys, ask any local about the 3-1 win over City at Edgeley Park in 97-98..................looking forward to making this trip as not been in the ground since I left to come to Scotland in 98, if you want advice on where to drink, stay etc....then let me know

Give us the info then mate.

I've just cancelled a trip to London end of this month and managed to use the credit to re-book for bus to Manchester. I'll be travelling down early on the Saturday and getting the train from Manchester to Stockport which is only ten minutes I think. Going to stay on the Saturday night though so I can see my friend and back up on the Sunday - but she is unsure of places there to stay, so any suggestions welcome!

Before the game you have plenty of pubs in Edgeley itself or you could drink in the town centre, afterwards barring the Grand Central area you could either head into Manchester or for a quieter night head to a local suburb for a pub crawl such as Hazel Grove, Heaton Moor or even take a crack at the Didsbury Dozen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBzHHcNptkk

Brace yourself for the lassies on here asking if anyone will hit them if they go down

Guest somner9

Brace yourself for the lassies on here asking if anyone will hit them if they go down

Is that 'Hit' as in:

"see thon lassie ower there? I'm Hitting that"

?

Britannia Hotel in Stockport.

Book through http://www.hotelopia.com/?idMarket=1

And use code 5OMN15

(it's a capital O not a zero)

Twin or double room are only £31.50 for Sat 27th July!!

cool.png

Try reviews and you will understand why Kenny.Favourite one I seen was you get what you pay for.Dont let the bed bugs bite etc.Enjoy mate.

Will be a great adventure - great wee day out - good pubs local to the ground. Passionate home fans - been there a few times with Tranmere.

Saints 2-1 winners van zantan and new Brazilian loan striker sensation

Crowd - disappointing 1500 in sweltering sun!

Football trivia - which football ground is closest to the River Mersey?

Answer -liverpool - no- Everton - no - Tranmere Rovers - no -Stockport county -hell yeah ! Amaze your bozzer mates with your new knowledge

To describe Stockport as a hell-hole is to besmirch the good name of Hell

Try reviews and you will understand why Kenny.Favourite one I seen was you get what you pay for.Dont let the bed bugs bite etc.Enjoy mate.

The night i stayed, i slept fully clothed sitting up in the chair with the window open to let the weird combination of smells (from the room, not from me) dissipate just a little. it was early December

3 different shades of pubes on the sheets when inspected on arrival. i went down to ask for another room and the night clerk just walked away, laughing and shaking his head

I have stayed there, at £31.50 the rooms are overpriced by approximately £30

It's just somewhere to crash after a good day on the pish.