My Gig Of The Year

beyond our ken

Opposite end of the spectrum - worst gigs.

Bad Company - Apollo. Weedy sound, band couldn't give a fcuk.

Alice in Chains - Barrowlands. Stood like statues, looked like they'd rather be anywhere else but on that stage.

Living Colour - Barrowlands. Shortest set ever - walked off in an Alice in Chains 'couldn't give a fcuk' style.

Not bad - only three howlers since 1974. Pretty good going I'd say.

Worst gig for me was ACDC at Hampden, Brian Johnson his voice was bad, have to say that Nazareth were

better live then ACDC and a lot cheaper.

How long did Living Colour play for? i think they played Glasgow again 2 years ago.

• 4 months later...

Well, the time is nigh. thumbup2.gif

http://www.o2abcglasgow.co.uk/event/55878/graham-parker-and-the-rumour-tickets

It's only been 34 years six months since they all played together in Glasgow. Excited is not the word. Anyone at a loose end on Wednesday could do worse than take this one in

apparently they are also on Jools Holland on 29/10 and the following Friday

Edited by beyond our ken

Opposite end of the spectrum - worst gigs.

Bad Company - Apollo. Weedy sound, band couldn't give a fcuk.

Alice in Chains - Barrowlands. Stood like statues, looked like they'd rather be anywhere else but on that stage.

Living Colour - Barrowlands. Shortest set ever - walked off in an Alice in Chains 'couldn't give a fcuk' style.

Not bad - only three howlers since 1974. Pretty good going I'd say.

Wonder if I was at the same Bad Company gig. Me and a mate had tickets for near the front. All I remember was slow music and girls trying to get back stage for a shag. Years later read a book written by a minder who looked after Bad Company wrote about the lead signer kicking the shit out a guy at the back of the Apollo then taking his wife back to the hotel to get shaged by the band. WTF !

Don McLean Apollo , well bye bye Mr American Pie was a great song the gig was f**kin terrible. One man on a stoll singing to a full house Zzzzz !

Over the years have seen some great gigs one that was right up there was Green Jelly at the cat house , it was like a trip without having to take anything mind blowing stuff , we even got up on the stage to dance with girls in the band who wore grass skirts and cocnut shells as a bra. Mental mental gig !

Well, the time is nigh. thumbup2.gif

http://www.o2abcglasgow.co.uk/event/55878/graham-parker-and-the-rumour-tickets

It's only been 34 years six months since they all played together in Glasgow. Excited is not the word. Anyone at a loose end on Wednesday could do worse than take this one in

apparently they are also on Jools Holland on 29/10 and the following Friday

A band I've been meaning to discover for a long, long time but just never got round to it yet. Any recommendations for a newcomer?

I went along to see Uriah Heep at the Apollo as it was the last 'rock' gig there.

Dearie me....

I was gonna go to that one. But my pocket money didnae stretch that far at the time.

A band I've been meaning to discover for a long, long time but just never got round to it yet. Any recommendations for a newcomer?

I was gonna go to that one. But my pocket money didnae stretch that far at the time.

the most recent album, 3 chords good, heat treatment and the highly rated squeezing out sparks from 79 are worth a spin, as is GP's solo "Deepcut to nowhere". My son hadn't heard the new stuff yet and was force-fed all the old stuff as a kid, he thoroughly enjoyed the set last night. a big crowd cheered the band on to a level of venom and power that guys in their 60s shouldn't display. Apparently coming back next summer for theatre and festival appearances across the UK and Europe so you might get a chance to see them then,

the most recent album, 3 chords good, heat treatment and the highly rated squeezing out sparks from 79 are worth a spin, as is GP's solo "Deepcut to nowhere". My son hadn't heard the new stuff yet and was force-fed all the old stuff as a kid, he thoroughly enjoyed the set last night. a big crowd cheered the band on to a level of venom and power that guys in their 60s shouldn't display. Apparently coming back next summer for theatre and festival appearances across the UK and Europe so you might get a chance to see them then,

GPATR on Later live tonight

Good news on both counts. thumbup2.gif

ETA:- I know Lord Don't Ask Me Questions which is pretty good. Did he play that?

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Francis Dunnery at King Tuts last night. Apart from his blistering guitar playing, there was a power cut in the City Centre last night which didn't stop him-he grabbed an acoustic guitar and played on the pavement for half an hour before we got back in. Unique experience and a great atmopshere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-24754124

• 8 months later...
Guest TPAFKATS

Down at Hyde Park yesterday watching Sabbath, Faith No More, Soundgarden, Motorhead and others.

My gig of the year...so far

(edit: not my filming - I was other side of stage)

Edited by TPAFKATS