Godfrey Bloom

shull

Is he racist ?

He mentioned the term ' Bongo Bongo Land ' while talking about Countries which Britain give financial aid to.

He's being getting pelters all day via the Media, who in turn have broadcast the ' offensive ' term at least 50 times.

Is he racist ?

He mentioned the term ' Bongo Bongo Land ' while talking about Countries which Britain give financial aid to.

He's being getting pelters all day via the Media, who in turn have broadcast the ' offensive ' term at least 50 times.

Does the fact you mention the term 'Bongo Bongo Land' make you a racist? blink.png

Does the fact you mention the term 'Bongo Bongo Land' make you a racist?

Dunno Bud, that's my point.

Maybe aye, maybe naw.

Godfrey has been getting the flak for saying it.

The Media has repeated it umpteen times, i've written it, you've quoted it.

If Bloom had used the ' N ' word, i doubt the Media would use it in full once, never mind 50 times. I widnae .

Is he racist ?

He is. Amongst many other things.

Is he racist ?

Is it no Bunga Bunga Land? zorro.gif

But yes if he's in UKIP he will be a racist I'd have thought.jerry.gif

Does the fact you mention the term 'Bongo Bongo Land' make you a racist? Posted Image

That reminds of the Frankie Boyle joke.

Frankie tells a story about how deep-rooted racism was at the highest levels many years ago and how people used terms they'd never dream of now.

He tells the story of British PM David Lloyd George apparently saying that 'Britain reserves the right to bomb niggers', and how wrong we now rightly see that as being.

He then tells how someone came up to him after a gig and said to him, for telling that story, 'I don't believe you should use the word nigger under any context'.

His reply...?

'Well, you just used it'.

Is he racist ?

lol.gif Of course he's a racist.

Depressing that we still have people like this wandering around the streets.

Educated as well apparently. And yet no discernible brain cells.

What a twat.

Mans a tosser. All UKIP are tossers.

Though as much as I hate to say this, the point he was trying to make was valid. There is no real way of knowing how aid is spent. The way he addressed it is atrocious. Not much different though from the government putting messages on busses for immigrants to go home!!

lol.gif Of course he's a racist.

Depressing that we still have people like this wandering around the streets.

Educated as well apparently. And yet no discernible brain cells.

What a twat.

You have failed to explain why you think this man is a racist!

The politician involved (I do not know his name and I cannot be bothered finding out) has made a remark that, whilst being unusual in respect of the language used has resulted in many people discussing the issue that he was addressing. If anything that would indicate that his speech was a success.

I actually agree with his sentiment that our tax monies should not be used to provide foreign aid to countries that many of our own citizens will not be familiar with when we are facing financial cuts in our own health care, policing, education and other services. The man has made a fair point.

I simply fail to see why the phrase "bongo bongo land" can be construed as racist when we do not know what particular nation he was addressing and as such we do not know the race of the people that are native to the country that we cannot identify. We are all becoming far too sensitive.

if Germany was to start another war with us and we all lived under the constant threat of invasion then you would have something real to worry about. If this is all it takes to upset people in our society then our lives must be brilliant, brilliant indeed.

You have failed to explain why you think this man is a racist!

The politician involved (I do not know his name and I cannot be bothered finding out) has made a remark that, whilst being unusual in respect of the language used has resulted in many people discussing the issue that he was addressing. If anything that would indicate that his speech was a success.

I actually agree with his sentiment that our tax monies should not be used to provide foreign aid to countries that many of our own citizens will not be familiar with when we are facing financial cuts in our own health care, policing, education and other services. The man has made a fair point.

I simply fail to see why the phrase "bongo bongo land" can be construed as racist when we do not know what particular nation he was addressing and as such we do not know the race of the people that are native to the country that we cannot identify. We are all becoming far too sensitive.

if Germany was to start another war with us and we all lived under the constant threat of invasion then you would have something real to worry about. If this is all it takes to upset people in our society then our lives must be brilliant, brilliant indeed.

The use of the term Bongo Bongo land is racist, Its taken from the slightly racist advert for Unbongo which apparently they drink in the Congo, And is used a derogatory term to describe countries in Africa and Native african culture, It suggests bongo drums, Jungles, natives with bones through their noses, etc etc.

Needless to say no such country exists.

Its a bit like calling Scotland Haggisland or Ireland PAddyLand and is an example of the casual "harmless" racism that we do so well.

Happy to help

Too much effort to look at the title of this thread then, TT?

The use of the term Bongo Bongo land is racist, Its taken from the slightly racist advert for Unbongo which apparently they drink in the Congo, And is used a derogatory term to describe countries in Africa and Native african culture, It suggests bongo drums, Jungles, natives with bones through their noses, etc etc.

Needless to say no such country exists.

Its a bit like calling Scotland Haggisland or Ireland PAddyLand and is an example of the casual "harmless" racism that we do so well.

Happy to help

Surely Bongo Bongo land isn't racist it just refers to President Ali Bongo of Gabon lol.gifwhistling.gif

In any case the point was made badly but the guy is right. The aid money rarely gets to the people it is intended to and often is wasted by corruption. The amount of money we're spending on it (and increasing it) is horrendous.

Surely Bongo Bongo land isn't racist it just refers to President Ali Bongo of Gabon lol.gifwhistling.gif

In any case the point was made badly but the guy is right. The aid money rarely gets to the people it is intended to and often is wasted by corruption. The amount of money we're spending on it (and increasing it) is horrendous.

Is he? Did he mention any figures? Did he provide detailed analysis of the breakdown of where the money goes?

Or did he open his bigotted mouth and spout whatever shite appeared in his joke for a brain?

If this is all it takes to upset people in our society then our lives must be brilliant, brilliant indeed.

In this country, for the vast majority of us, life is as brilliant as it has ever been. We are on average richer than any living set of humans in the history of mankind and we enjoy almost unheard of freedoms denied to most people.

It's tragic that most of us don't seem to see it that way.

As for the use of the term bongo bongo land? If you can't see that is a derogatory term meant to conjure up images of Africans as jungle dwelling savages who are not better than animals then frankly I can't help you. The guy couldn't even bring himself to name a single actual country, provide any accounts which indicate where the problem is or show details of the amounts of money involved.

It was a bigotted racist rant from another tedious right winger who wants us to see another set of humans as objects rather than people. The subtext of the message from this twat was "the reason you're all struggling in your council estates isn't because 1% of the population are being actively encouraged to hold onto all the cash, it's because these scum in Africa are stealing it all". That is an absolutely outrageous view and needs to be attacked.

There's no fool like an old fool Tom but that doesn't mean you have to treat the rest of us as such.

Edited by oaksoft

Is he? Did he mention any figures? Did he provide detailed analysis of the breakdown of where the money goes?

Or did he open his bigotted mouth and spout whatever shite appeared in his joke for a brain?

Probably not, but if he did it would strengthen his argument? The fact aid passes through multiple intermediaries who all take a slice for their overheads, so much so analysts can't say for sure how much hits the ground?

That's before you get onto arguments like South African needing £17million a year to help pay for the billion dollar World Cup and Rwanda getting millions a year despite the President having private jets, and them arming rebels in the Congo. We have cut back on Rwanda due to their human rights record.

In this country, for the vast majority of us, life is as brilliant as it has ever been. We are on average richer than any living set of humans in the history of mankind and we enjoy almost unheard of freedoms denied to most people.

It's tragic that most of us don't seem to see it that way.

As for the use of the term bongo bongo land? If you can't see that is a derogatory term meant to conjure up images of Africans as jungle dwelling savages who are not better than animals then frankly I can't help you. The guy couldn't even bring himself to name a single actual country, provide any accounts which indicate where the problem is or show details of the amounts of money involved.

It was a bigotted racist rant from another tedious right winger who wants us to see another set of humans as objects rather than people. The subtext of the message from this twat was "the reason you're all struggling in your council estates isn't because 1% of the population are being actively encouraged to hold onto all the cash, it's because these scum in Africa are stealing it all". That is an absolutely outrageous view and needs to be attacked.

There's no fool like an old fool Tom but that doesn't mean you have to treat the rest of us as such.

Thank you for the unwarranted and unwelcome insult. I shall reply with the term "there is no fool like an arrogant fool". I can do this all day you know!

You are being far too sensitive and tree huggery. One of the wonder's of our modern democratic society that people of my generation and before gave up so much to protect is the right to free speech. I find this tendancy to label anyone who is a supporter of Ukip as a racist quite tragic and unfair. Quite frankly you have to take a look at yourselves as it is the people labelling other's as "racist" without justification who are in fact the ones peddling hatred. Personally I find the Labour party far more offensive than Ukip or indeed anyone and I am allowed to because I live in a demcoracy and enjoy free speech.

I still do not accept that the term as it was used in the context by the man whose name I am now deliberately not reading was indeed racist. Labelling someone as a racist is a very serious accusation and one that should not be made lightly. Indeed those who do so are hate filled and dangerous themselves and should be treated with the contempt that an established racist is. Racism is wrong but so is accusing people of it without justification.

Once again I agree with the sentiments made in the speech. In my country I have witnessed the demise of many libraries, public toilets, casualty depts, bus services, dental care, community health care services, post offices and the such like. The standard of living in my country has been reduced somewhat and the future of our young generations does indeed look bleak, look bleak indeed! As such the setiment's of the speech were made in a way that brought such a relevant issue into the public domain. A good speech well made!

As for the term "Bongo bongo land" .

Was it ill advised? Probably

Was it racist? No

Stop being so quick to label anyone and anything as racist.

I agree that our current immigration policy is far too easily abused. Is that a valid political viewpoint or racist right wing doctrine?

If you think the latter then you are indeed deluded and as well as being a little bit stupid you are also far too easily offended and filled with hatred yourself.

Is "bongo-bongo land" racist? Yes, it is, undoubtedly. Did he know what he was doing? Yes, he did, but he thought he was doing it in front of like-minded people and could get away with it. He's also in UKIP, a party well known as the "acceptable" face of right wingers for whom the Tories are too left wing.

Given the foregoing, the reasonable man can only conclude that the f**kwit is, in fact, a racist. To believe otherwise is, at best, naive. I don't think you're naive, Tom.