Godfrey Bloom

shull

Mans a tosser. All UKIP are tossers.

Though as much as I hate to say this, the point he was trying to make was valid. There is no real way of knowing how aid is spent. The way he addressed it is atrocious. Not much different though from the government putting messages on busses for immigrants to go home!!

The messages on the vans , was for ILLEGAL immigrants to go home. How the advert was meant to cure the problem l don't know but the advertising commission has gotten involved because , a statistic that was mentioned in the advert wasn't accurate in every area that the van carting the advert , visited. .

Before we had words like racist and sexist , the common vernacular for these types was prejudiced, which is to say , one doesn't like a particular group of people and has pre-judged that all people belonging to a particular group are all bad or naughty or smelly and/or are all tossers. .

Is "bongo-bongo land" racist? Yes, it is, undoubtedly. Did he know what he was doing? Yes, he did, but he thought he was doing it in front of like-minded people and could get away with it. He's also in UKIP, a party well known as the "acceptable" face of right wingers for whom the Tories are too left wing.

Given the foregoing, the reasonable man can only conclude that the f**kwit is, in fact, a racist. To believe otherwise is, at best, naive. I don't think you're naive, Tom.

Nonsense.

In life you will encounter some things that you do not like and you will encounter hardship's. Deal with it and stop being so sensitive,

Man up my easily offended forum friend, man up somewhat!

I still do not accept that the term as it was used in the context by the man whose name I am now deliberately not reading was indeed racist.

Most sensible people know this was deliberately racist to play to a particular audience. That'll do for me. Gives me some hope that we're not about to drop back into the sewers of 1970's Britain any time soon.

Maybe if you were an African who had experienced a lifetime of racism - both subtle and direct then you'd have an inkling of how other people feel.

You really think people fought and died in the war so that in 70 years time racists could freely spout their bile without being brought to account for it lol.gif ?

I wish my old grandad was alive to hear that.

lol.gif Of course he's a racist.

Depressing that we still have people like this wandering around the streets.

Educated as well apparently. And yet no discernible brain cells.

What a twat.

Did you hear what he said he meant by Bongo Bongo land " Its a fictional country in Europe that formed the setting of three novels by Anthony Hope" Ruritania .

So the words to the song aren't racist as you initially suggested?

Context is everything so yes it is racist. It also displays the casual disparaging racism implicit in the term Bongo Bongo Land

http://londown.wordpress.com/2009/05/11/racist-juice/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1255066/UK-Border-Agency-whistleblower-alleges-staff-racially-prejudiced-asylum-seekers.html

Edited by insaintee

Guest TPAFKATS

Context is everything so yes it is racist. It also displays the casual disparaging racism implicit in the term Bongo Bongo Land

http://londown.wordpress.com/2009/05/11/racist-juice/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1255066/UK-Border-Agency-whistleblower-alleges-staff-racially-prejudiced-asylum-seekers.html

Aye insanity - context is everything right enough

You quote an American website that says its a racist product that the author doubts is drunk in the Congo - oh well that'll be Um Bongo bang to rights then lol.gif

You then quote the feckin Daily Mail of all things lol.gif - Even if that story is true the words of the song were changed 1eye.gif

I'll try this one last time -

What is racist about a song where a hippo is in the jungle and mixes apricot, guava & mango does a dance and a rhino decides to call the drink um bongo. A python and a couple of other creatures also get in on the act but there's no mention of the people(s) of any of the countries past or present known as (the) Congo, Dr Congo (whoever he is) or anywhere else in Africa.

I know its the silly season but FFS!

• 2 weeks later...

Bongo Bongo Land.................is that a reference to a country that used drums, say the type that are of Afro origin ?

Well to me that's akin to referring to Scotland as Brigadoon , a much lampooned and oft referred musical that is used as an insult directed at people of Scottish origin. Is that racist.................

I's not racist , it is playfulness...........

edit to add ironic smiley, or should that be ironic angry

Edited by Seaside Nipper