Keep Calm And Play Games!

Guest somner9

Based on what ? blind faith !!! thistle already have 4 points,god knows how long it will take us to reach that,hibs will sack fenlon ,get a bounce and add new players as necessary.we are looking at a battle for the play off spot with county at best , its not beyond hearts to catch us unless we see some new faces ,and quickly

Based on opinion ya numpty.

4 points, wooo hoo. It's a long season.

If the first 2 games are a guide to the entire season we might as well stop playing now.

Well done Terry Butcher on winning the league with Inverness. What an achievement.

They are the best guide we have,but happy to throw reason to the wind and kid on they will be struggling like us at the end of the season

Based on what?

I think it's hard to tell until the first quarter is over and we've seen everyone.

Based on the fact that we were second bottom last season?

2 games gone and Hearts have already reduced the gap to 12 points while Thistle are 4 ahead.

Based on our league form last season and the fact that our squad is worse then I think we will be lucky to avoid relegation.

We won our first 2 games in 05/06 and finished second bottom.......I would

I would be delighted to think its just a bounce from the first division but they seem to have a solid team and carry a goal threat,just dont see where our points are coming from this season,but plenty of time as you say,as long as we act at some point and realise us staying up because of hearts isnt a given

It 's not uncommon for a promoted team to have a good opening 2/3 games - let's wait and see if Thistle can maintain this form, as for today's Hearts result well that's a derby game played under exceptional circumstances due to Hearts financial circumstances and Fenlon's tenure looking shaky.

Having said that next week's game against Killie is looking to be a huge one for Lennon - only two games into the season! bag.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

It 's not uncommon for a promoted team to have a good opening 2/3 games - let's wait and see if Thistle can maintain this form, as for today's Hearts result well that's a derby game played under exceptional circumstances due to Hearts financial circumstances and Fenlon's tenure looking shaky.

Having said that next week's game against Killie is looking to be a huge one for Lennon - only two games into the season! bag.gif

I wouldnt read too much into the Hearts win, as an Edinburgh derby at a packed Tynecastle. Wont be like that every week.

Killie and Thistle first 2 home games. We need to make the new stadium a hard place for teams to come too and grind out results regularly in our favour. Hope for 6 pts from those two...at worst 4.

I wouldnt read too much into the Hearts win, as an Edinburgh derby at a packed Tynecastle. Wont be like that every week.

Killie and Thistle first 2 home games. We need to make the new stadium a hard place for teams to come too and grind out results regularly in our favour. Hope for 6 pts from those two...at worst 4.

Can't see us getting much from Killie and Thistle unless we have at least one new body , and he would have to be ready to go straight into the team beside Thommo.

Can't see us getting much from Killie and Thistle unless we have at least one new body , and he would have to be ready to go straight into the team beside Thommo.

Correct, we need a lad with a bit of pace up there as Harkins and Thommo aren't the fastest. Again, an Imrie would have been worth seeing out his contract.... And I'm annoyed at myself for admitting that

hearts only won cause it was a derby match. Don't think both teams looked anything special. Not only that if hearts get any injuries they can't sign any replacements. Hibs will sack fenlon. Killie,Ross county, and us will all take points off hearts. I still think if we sighn CB and a striker or 2 we will be ok. Killie got a draw against st.johnston but they had played extra time and penaltys mid week. I still think we will be safe but we are nowhere near the top six. Shame we should have built on a cup winning team. We can also strengthen in January if we had not done that last season we would not have won cup.

Having just watched Sportscene its obvious why Inverness did so well in the league last season and have had a good start this season.

Not once did you see then passing the ball out from the defence. You don't see any patient build ups.

The are direct. They pressure the opposition and win the ball in advanced positions. They are very quick and they are physical.

Everything that we aren't.

Edited by Isabella Duke

Having just watched Sportscene its obvious why Inverness did so well in the league last season and have had a good start this season.

Not once did you see then passing the ball out from the defence. You don't see any patient build ups.

The are direct. They pressure the opposition and win the ball in advanced positions. They are very quick and they are physical.

Everything that we aren't.

Sad but true,we use 50 passes then hump it up to a guy ,when 3 would do it

Guest somner9

I realize you seem to think that post is some sort of trump card but perhaps you could explain how it relates to this thread "Keep Calm And Play Games", our current situation and which manager has done better business this somner (sic) so far.

Keep Calm And Play Games..!

never seen a game won by endless predictions of doom based on ONE league game away from home. However i've seen them lost before when the crowd take their seats expecting the worse and making the team know it.

Which manager has done better business? well as far as key players out we were fortunate that only Sammy went. ICT have lost Tudor, Shinnie and Reguero, and replaced with a several english non league bods. Our clearout was confined to fringe sqaud players who were tying up a wage. we've picked up grainger, harkins and the two keepers, added Newton on loan, and wait poised to see a striker and perhaps one other join the ranks.

If we get Campbell from Newcastle it could be on deadline day whilst the player and his club consider all options. If it isn't him it will be likely another loanee or out of contract player.

should we win by two clear goals on saturday, will we still be a precarious bunch of relegation fodder, or fiteen points and counting off the bottom of the league..?

Butcher may well come to be seen to have found some hidden gems from non league teams..? Danny may well be recognised for blooding the talent nurtured within our under 20's..? I know which i prefer.

I don't have a problem with Thompson and Reilly being our strike force. The problem is Danny is playing Thompson up front by himself, and he can not be expected to be able to lead the line and find goals himself. It just does not work. If we do not get another striker in by Saturday, then Lennon has to pair Reilly up front with Thompson. It was clear all pre-season Thompson can not play up front by himself, it was clear in Inverness that he can not play up front himself (especially when we when are two nil down!)

I don't have a problem with Thompson and Reilly being our strike force.

Me neither, provided they're not our only striking options for the SPL season.

Currently they are.

Going into September with only a relatively untried youngster and an ageing legend as our only senior strikers would be a sign that something's not right at the club.