Richard Atkinson Steps Down

I like Richard as a person, he's a hell of a nice bloke as anyone who has taken the time to talk to him will testify.

He never had anything but the best intentions for the club and I still remain convinced that fan ownership is the way forward for a club like ours.

I've always believed in taking people as you find them................. over the last wee while I had cause to contact Richard Atkinson on four separate occasions with regard to help and information on a couple of matters. Each time I got a professional and personable response and he was able to provide me with what I was looking for each time.

People may or may not have agreed with the CiC/100000Hours project or thought things could have been done differently, and that's fair enough, but for me Richard Atkinson was a good guy with good intentions.

Guest somner9

Everyone entitled to their own opinion, here's mine. whatever you believe his intentions were, be they all positive and to the benefit of SMFC. He attempted a fan takeover, but spoke to the only people putting money up (The Fans) last..!

It seemed like every fully not paid up sausageroll thieving member of the great & the good among SEN's, supporters direct, funding and awarding bodies, coupled with businessmen, church groups and shareholders who put NO MONEY forward saw it's various versions as a chance to get on the make.

His projects divided fans, threatened to leave the club/support with a huge debt and absolutely no plan to service it. Thats why it was kicked into touch when all he could put forward was OUR MONEY.

The club shop would have shamed the Boy scouts for available merchandise, the much heralded kit deal was ok until you tried to buy kit!

We hear he's off to supporters direct..? They are well suited to each other, both having the reverse Midas Touch where being all they touch instantly turns to shit.

Just when jambos thought it couldnae get any worse!

Given we have staff to cover the roll as you say I would much rather we used any cash freed up to strengthen the playing squad.

Do we? Personally I don't think so. Commercial director to expand the club's potential and think outside the box? We don't need big commercial departments like Hearts used to have (20 people), or even what St Johnstone have, but I think we need new ideas and fresh impetus in this area. The BOD want out because they are out of ideas, jaded, need new blood with new ideas. REA did bring fresh ideas - my only problem with him was he fired off a dozen ideas at you at once, and went off at tangents. I'm sure he'd admit to that himself!

I have a pile of his good, solid commercial ideas on my iMac. Put on hold because the takeover stalled. Forum users can choose to believe me or not.

I like Richard as a person, he's a hell of a nice bloke as anyone who has taken the time to talk to him will testify.

He never had anything but the best intentions for the club and I still remain convinced that fan ownership is the way forward for a club like ours.

Whilst I agree with what Div says,all those that have liked this post are complete ar$e lickers in my opinion.

Another rung up the B+W army ladder maybetongue.png

Guest somner9

Whilst I agree with what Div says,all those that have liked this post are complete ar$e lickers in my opinion.

Another rung up the B+W army ladder maybetongue.png

If Carlsberg did 'Arse Lickin'....?

Guest somner9

Richard would readily admit he was not a football person and that was apparent. I'm sure he will have learned a great deal from his interactions with the St Mirren fan base.

look on the brightside... that'll be Hearts f**ked!