Booing Your Team, Ffs!

Drew

I was sitting in the West stand on Saturday and there were quite a few who seemed to be willing the team to be poor just so they could spout the vitriol at the players and manager, while spending most of the first half booing every attempted move by the Buddies.

I don't understand the concept of wanting to attend a game of football, pretending to be partisan to the home side, yet spend 99.9% of the game either booing nearly every player or actively enticing others to do anything BUT support the team.

I'm actually convinced they don't watch the game as some of the comments on individual performances seem so wide of the mark.

They come with preconceptions and the targetted players could double somersault, beat ALL oppposition players with the ball seemingly tied to their feeet and nutmeg the goalkeeper while putting so much spin on the ball that it doesn't quite reach the back of the net but instead returns on it's original path and smacks the referee on the mouche at the halfway circle, yet they would claim Imrie would have hit the linesman as well!

Of course, forgetting that a few weeks previous In their opinion,, Imrie, while at Saint Mirren, was a waste of space!!!!!

Those in question have consistently slated the manager from day 1 and are now all high and mighty claiming they were right all along. The cup win was a fluke. It covered the cracks. danny hasn't made a decent signing. well. Not until the player leaves. Then Danny has let the next Rhonaldo go!

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Precisely what I've suggested on this forum previously but, as the post above indicates, this type of barmy behaviour is alive and proud within our support.

Maybe the cup win covered the cracks, but I for one will forgive a lot because we got the cup win. It's 4 games in and we are still 9 points ahead of Hearts and hardly adrift from the rest.

Yes you are allowed to boo, but no it won't actually make the team any better and wont get you a change of manager.

Fluke is probably the wrong word , but it certainly covered the cracks , which are now a gaping chasm !

You know. This actually highlights the concept of selective quoting. I found myself going back to make sure I had put my thoughts forward correctly.

NOOOOOOO. I didn't think the f'n cup win was a fluke!lol.gif

I was sitting in the West stand on Saturday and there were quite a few who seemed to be willing the team to be poor just so they could spout the vitriol at the players and manager, while spending most of the first half booing every attempted move by the Buddies.

I don't understand the concept of wanting to attend a game of football, pretending to be partisan to the home side, yet spend 99.9% of the game either booing nearly every player or actively enticing others to do anything BUT support the team.

I was in the west stand too; W3. The players got a good reception on the park. There was booing at half time and full time, and some frustrated cries at points of poor play, but I wasn't aware of people booing or shouting abuse for 99.9% of the game. Certainly not anyone willing the team to play poorly, quite the contrary.

If there were individuals constantly berating the team then they must have been sitting very closely to you, but that wasn't the general atmosphere.

Mind you, it must have been really loud if faraway saint could hear it!

Horrified to read that the boo boys are giving Marc McAusland a hard time while he's out and about in Paisley. Even some of his pals are giving him pelters.

Disgraceful !

f**kem and chin up Cheesy.

The majority are right behind you, Danny and the Team.

And wee Abby still loves you.

Horrified to read that the boo boys are giving Marc McAusland a hard time while he's out and about in Paisley. Even some of his pals are giving him pelters.

Disgraceful !

f**kem and chin up Cheesy.

The majority are right behind you, Danny and the Team.

And wee Abby still loves you.

I would have thought that if Marc wants to go on the piss then head into Glasgow where you are less likely to be noticed. Doesn't deserve abuse but he needs to show common sense.

I was in the west stand too; W3. The players got a good reception on the park. There was booing at half time and full time, and some frustrated cries at points of poor play, but I wasn't aware of people booing or shouting abuse for 99.9% of the game. Certainly not anyone willing the team to play poorly, quite the contrary.

If there were individuals constantly berating the team then they must have been sitting very closely to you, but that wasn't the general atmosphere.

Mind you, it must have been really loud if faraway saint could hear it!

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Nice attempt but I never said I had heard it but I have heard similar shite at games and the posts on this forum suggest some supporters are quite happy if we lose to prove a point.

Haven't got the energy to read nine pages of this but 'don't boo your team'? FFS, get a grip. I respect your views on here, Drew - but fans all over the world boo people at football matches, their own team or otherwise. It happens, get over it. We have much bigger problems right now than some fans expressing their displeasure in yet another defeat by a team full of cup-winning 'heroes' who haven't kicked their own arse for six months.

Haven't got the energy to read nine pages of this but 'don't boo your team'? FFS, get a grip. I respect your views on here, Drew - but fans all over the world boo people at football matches, their own team or otherwise. It happens, get over it. We have much bigger problems right now than some fans expressing their displeasure in yet another defeat by a team full of cup-winning 'heroes' who haven't kicked their own arse for six months.

What about the guys who have just joined us, though. Guys like Caprice, Cornell, Bahoken? All they will have heard is booing and some arseholes directing abuse at them personally, who no doubt used the booing as a platform from which to spout their own particular brand of bile.

I'd rather boo Drew than the team any day!

Booooooooooooooooooooooo Drew... Booooooooooooooooooooooo!

Get a grip ya bam!

Booooooooooooooooooooooo

Disgraceful. Drew has given us some of the best posts we've read as St Mirren fans in a generation. Have you all forgotten his slick wordplay earlier in the season? Short memories indeed. OK, so some of his output recently has bordered on 'whataboutery' - but we should give him until January before demanding Div swings the axe and closes his account. If we bag Drew, who would we get in his place? A shite alias, that's what.

Be careful what you wish for. Get behind Drew, don't boo him... certainly not halfway through his post anyway. Booing after the final full stop is fair game. Maybe all he needs is a six month loan to the Dumbarton fan forum.

Call yourselves St Mirren fans? Disgrace.

It was only a matter of time till Drew was found out.The occasional good post here and there couldn't disguise the fact he was out of his depth. His recent run of posts have lost the forum and once that happens there is no going back.Thanks for the memories Drew but its time to go ;)

It was only a matter of time till Drew was found out.The occasional good post here and there couldn't disguise the fact he was out of his depth. His recent run of posts have lost the forum and once that happens there is no going back.Thanks for the memories Drew but its time to go ;)

Drew is one of the many aliases ruining the forum.

I got that on good authority from one of the players. whistling.gif

He's obviously lost the forum.

I've certainly lost control of my bodily functions, but that's what years of following St Mirren does to you.

Anyway, it is a privilege to serve this proud forum and its wonderful members, and I will relish the challenge going forward into this working week. Drew is a fighter, he's got plenty of irons in his bow. Pressure isn't a tangible thing, you can't grab a hold of it, but, first and foremost, I believe I have quality posts that I can trust.

I'm not naive, I know that the forum is a results driven business, but I know I can turn things round and achieve more than 20 likes to my posts again.

I've certainly lost control of my bodily functions, but that's what years of following St Mirren does to you.

Anyway, it is a privilege to serve this proud forum and its wonderful members, and I will relish the challenge going forward into this working week. Drew is a fighter, he's got plenty of irons in his bow. Pressure isn't a tangible thing, you can't grab a hold of it, but, first and foremost, I believe I have quality posts that I can trust.

I'm not naive, I know that the forum is a results driven business, but I know I can turn things round and achieve more than 20 likes to my posts again.

Make sure you get a good working week in. Grab that carrot at the end of the tunnel. We're right behind you.