Scotland U21S

Bloomsbury Bud

I'm pretty surprised McLean, Kelly and especially McGinn didn't at least make the U21 squad. While Rangers players and Celtic reserves get called up in preference to them.

I'd kind of like to get behind the national team at this level, but I feel a bit deflated by the squad selection.

Thats pretty fair Chalky, their impact has been stronger in the last 2 games.

However, what irks at me is Celtic and Wigan reserves getting selected ahead of guys that have a lot of first team experience at Saints. Part of me thought Billy Stark would be more sympathetic to the guys learning their trade at first team level.

Not that I'm for one minute making excuses for Stark (I agree he's clueless), but his job is to pick who he thinks are the best players for the squad. If he thinks the guys playing for Wigan or Celtic reserves are better players than ours, then he'll pick them and who's to say he's wrong.

Neither McGinn nor MacLean have done anything like enough this season to warrant a call up, or at least haven't done enough to be able to complain about not getting called up.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Not that I'm for one minute making excuses for Stark (I agree he's clueless), but his job is to pick who he thinks are the best players for the squad. If he thinks the guys playing for Wigan or Celtic reserves are better players than ours, then he'll pick them and who's to say he's wrong.

Neither McGinn nor MacLean have done anything like enough this season to warrant a call up, or at least haven't done enough to be able to complain about not getting called up.

Stark will often make the argument that players learning their trade at first team level is his preferred option. The Celtic lads aren't doing that, neither is Fyvie at Wigan. McLean and McGinn did so much last season that I'd have thought some benefit of doubt would be extended. If Stark thinks he has 8 better midfield prospects than McGinn, then I understand why the U21's have lost 10 goals in their last 2 fixtures.

I'm inclined to agree with billyg - Stark's awful.

decent game. However Our goalie was one of our top performers. The midfield got totally overrun second half and May up front on his own was too isolated., Good performances from the defence, (Jack is outstanding) Armstrong and McGeoch had quality that the rest of the team lacked, Stevie May looked ok but compared to Griffiths, Russell Rhodes and Watt looked average,

ETA Holt and Paterson came on late in the game. Both looked out of place at this level

Edited by insaintee

decent game. However Our goalie was one of our top performers. The midfield got totally overrun second half and May up front on his own was too isolated., Good performances from the defence, (Jack is outstanding) Armstrong and McGeoch had quality that the rest of the team lacked, Stevie May looked ok but compared to Griffiths, Russell Rhodes and Watt looked average,

ETA Holt and Paterson came on late in the game. Both looked out of place at this level

Reading this how the f**k did we score 2 goals? lol.gif

Much of a crowd there?

Reading this how the f**k did we score 2 goals? lol.gif

We were over ran at times but May was outstanding.

McGeoch was the best player on the park and at times beating players for fun.

But there was a few poor players on show especially in midfield.

The boy Fyive was towing a canavan after 20 mins and the hyped up McLeod was a headless chicken.

The goalie and defence were decent though

We were over ran at times but May was outstanding.

McGeoch was the best player on the park and at times beating players for fun.

But there was a few poor players on show especially in midfield.

The boy Fyive was towing a canavan after 20 mins and the hyped up McLeod was a headless chicken.

The goalie and defence were decent though

Did not think Fyvie and Mcleod were as good as that to be honest.

But yes Dylan (I'd rather sit on the bench than go on loan) McGeoch, May and Armstrong were outstanding. Defense and goalie solid ( particularly Jack) Shame about the rest,

Stark might have asked them to sit back second half as a practice for the away tie