Danny's Apology To The Media !

billyg

2 of the changes were forced on him.

Only decision he made was moving Goodwin into midfield. Hardly brave moving a midfielder back into midfield but it has paid off.

Yes Dave , it paid off as everyone, apart from Danny, knew it would !

Danny has been great for our Club and is now an all time Legend.

Being a St Mirren supporter, i can't bring myself to hate or publicly ridicule him.

In recent times, i had one of the happiest days of my life on 17/3/13 which gave me a huge high which i still huvnae come down from.

Some Saints, unbelievably hate Danny Legend.

Danny has been great for our Club and is now an all time Legend.

Being a St Mirren supporter, i can't bring myself to hate or publicly ridicule him.

In recent times, i had one of the happiest days of my life on 17/3/13 which gave me a huge high which i still huvnae come down from.

Some Saints, unbelievably hate Danny Legend.

The best bit about the turn around in form, is the fans who boldly declared on Twitter after Hibs that they wouldn't be back until Danny Lennon was sacked.

Some fans have wanted him gone since his 1st season. 8th place one year and the league cup the next haven't changed their minds, so doubt anything will.

So they use this forum and social media, to ridicule and slate the guy, when I suspect very few would repeat any of it to his face.

Yes you are correct, they probably wouldn't but that applies to everyone using the internet, not just fans in sports forums. Also, it can apply to people who say things and have a go at people who support the same team as them but these people are never labelled as being people who would not repeat their remarks face to face. Still, swings and round-a-bouts I suppose...

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Brave my arse , he made changes v Dons that he should have made after the defeat at ICT , but he decided to wait another six games , till we were in the shit and his next move would have been out of the door !

If football management is that easy Billy why don't you give it a go?

2 of the changes were forced on him.

Only decision he made was moving Goodwin into midfield. Hardly brave moving a midfielder back into midfield but it has paid off.

Did he not drop Teale for the Aberdeen game too? Surely a brave decision considering Teale has been one of our better performers for some time? The knives would really have been out for him if that had backfired.

What about young Kelly? Are you trying to tell me that he was the natural choice with all the fans to step in after Grainger's dismissal at Easter Road?

In addition to that moving Goodwin back to midfield was a brave gamble but that was only part of it. Mair and McGregor together in the middle? When I heard that pre game it didn't fill me with much hope tbh.

Look, I'm not Lennon's biggest fan, never have been, but people can't give him all the flack that's going when the team is playing shite and put down a turnaround in fortunes down to the players, fate or pure luck. That's simply not fair.

Did he not drop Teale for the Aberdeen game too? Surely a brave decision considering Teale has been one of our better performers for some time? The knives would really have been out for him if that had backfired.

What about young Kelly? Are you trying to tell me that he was the natural choice with all the fans to step in after Grainger's dismissal at Easter Road?

In addition to that moving Goodwin back to midfield was a brave gamble but that was only part of it. Mair and McGregor together in the middle? When I heard that pre game it didn't fill me with much hope tbh.

Look, I'm not Lennon's biggest fan, never have been, but people can't give him all the flack that's going when the team is playing shite and put down a turnaround in fortunes down to the players, fate or pure luck. That's simply not fair.

Fair point about Teale, I actually forgot about that and we are playing better without him which is a surprise to most.

Kelly, yes he was the natural choice. He was the only available left back and is more than capable.

Everyone is entitled to express their opinions on the forum, i have no problem with that, but some posters have an agenda with Danny that smacks of sheer bitterness and nothing will change their minds.

Not even the revival in our fortunes, I find that incredibly sad.

I agree with this.

I quite like his comments telling them to keep writing us off because it's working, made me smile.

I hate his crazy ones like the elevator to success, we're taking the stairs etc..... Cringe

Fair enough David but following his showing against Imrie in pre season he wouldn't have been my first choice. What do I know though!

Yeh, nerves possibly and up against an annoying wee shite with a chip and a point to prove.

The last few games will have done the lad the world of good and hopefully given Grainger a shake as well for when he gets a chance again.

If football management is that easy Billy why don't you give it a go?

18 years mate at a decent level ? Had all the available badges at the time , roomed with Archie Knox at Largs , won countless trophies , including winning two Hampden finals , also managed the League Select winning the Baxter trophy . Lost several players to junior football and sent 5 players to the seniors. I wouldn't have mentioned any of this had you not asked.

Why's he apologising to these guys. God im the first to admit i was jumping all over him and wanting him out due to the run of bad form. But hopefully he's turned the corner and i'll eat humble pie gladly.

He's reacted to certain media comments which annoyed him, f*ck them they'll not apologise to anyone .

on the media note seen Mr Speirs charging around finlaystone park today holding kids hostage in a fort . Just hope they were his

Everyone is entitled to express their opinions on the forum, i have no problem with that, but some posters have an agenda with Danny that smacks of sheer bitterness and nothing will change their minds.

Not even the revival in our fortunes, I find that incredibly sad.

Indeed, noticed Norrie has been posting a whole lot less since we've won a few games.

Kelly, yes he was the natural choice. He was the only available left back and is more than capable.

I'd say putting a 19 year old player in for his first ever competitive start in a huge game was a brave decision.

The easier option would've been to play one of the more experienced defenders or midfielders at left back or change the formation to a back 3. I'm glad he went with Kelly though.

18 years mate at a decent level ? Had all the available badges at the time , roomed with Archie Knox at Largs , won countless trophies , including winning two Hampden finals , also managed the League Select winning the Baxter trophy . Lost several players to junior football and sent 5 players to the seniors. I wouldn't have mentioned any of this had you not asked.

How'd that promising career pan out?

How'd that promising career pan out?

It was for the love of the game mate and by early this century I'd had enough. Still managed to be voted onto the SAFA Committee , the WoSFA Committee and the Greater Glasgow Committee. It's not all about the seniors pal , although we did play St Mirren in the early 90s and lost 4-2 to a Basher hat-trick !

It was for the love of the game mate and by early this century I'd had enough. Still managed to be voted onto the SAFA Committee , the WoSFA Committee and the Greater Glasgow Committee. It's not all about the seniors pal , although we did play St Mirren in the early 90s and lost 4-2 to a Basher hat-trick !

So anyway, now I've given you an opportunity to breeze down memory lane and dust down your trophies let's get back to the point of my post. I said "brave" and you said "my arse" indicating you'd have made those "obvious" changes after the ICT game.

So just for the sake of clarity, after one game you'd have dropped Cornell, Grainger and Teale, brought in Kelly and Mair and moved Goodwin back into midfield?

If the answer to all that is yes then I suggest getting yourself an agent, refreshing that CV and sewing all your old committee badges back onto your SFA blazer. Somebody is bound to call soon!

I'd say putting a 19 year old player in for his first ever competitive start in a huge game was a brave decision.

The easier option would've been to play one of the more experienced defenders or midfielders at left back or change the formation to a back 3. I'm glad he went with Kelly though.

That's what he's here for. He was given a new contract and is our back up left back.

So anyway, now I've given you an opportunity to breeze down memory lane and dust down your trophies let's get back to the point of my post. I said "brave" and you said "my arse" indicating you'd have made those "obvious" changes after the ICT game.

So just for the sake of clarity, after one game you'd have dropped Cornell, Grainger and Teale, brought in Kelly and Mair and moved Goodwin back into midfield?

If the answer to all that is yes then I suggest getting yourself an agent, refreshing that CV and sewing all your old committee badges back onto your SFA blazer. Somebody is bound to call soon!

If you would bother to look , I ,along with a few others who are clued up , said before the season started ( so before one game was played) , that Goodwin should be nowhere near the back four and should be playing in the role that got him his new contract. Danny was initially accommodating his new signings in the side and results suffered accordingly.

It's your prerogative to keeping taking cheap shots if you wish , but you did ask me the question , and I gave you my answer ,an answer which you may not have been expecting.

I really enjoyed my time coaching and met a good few famous football men while learning. That said , there will always be small time wankers like yourself trying to look smart. I encountered several such no-marks during my 18 years ! x

I never name call or abuse on here , but I had no intention of asking him , my post was a conversation piece , and you're a dick for thinking otherwise !

If you would bother to look , I ,along with a few others who are clued up , said before the season started ( so before one game was played) , that Goodwin should be nowhere near the back four and should be playing in the role that got him his new contract. Danny was initially accommodating his new signings in the side and results suffered accordingly.

It's your prerogative to keeping taking cheap shots if you wish , but you did ask me the question , and I gave you my answer ,an answer which you may not have been expecting.

I really enjoyed my time coaching and met a good few famous football men while learning. That said , there will always be small time wankers like yourself trying to look smart. I encountered several such no-marks during my 18 years ! x

Aye, woosh right enough. whistling.gif

Who you met and roomed with is about as relevant to this discussion as the number of committees you managed to get yourself involved in or what you were doing "last century".

You took the first shot when disagreeing with my assertion that Lennon had made some brave changes and inferring that everyone but Lennon knew what needed to be done. However, when I pointed out all the changes made you still only referenced the Goodwin move as one, with sage like intuition, you would have made last year.

So, Teale and Grainger out after ICT? Yes or no? If the answer is no then you really should think about your petty wee vendetta against Lennon and what it says about you, particularly in light of your recent misty eyed, named dropping bollocks.

No mark? I'm almost choking on the f**king irony.