The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So in summary, the Yes people on here have contributed lies, scaremongering, whataboutary and links to inappropriate websites. Herr Salmond will be proud.

Here's the latest bit of Salmond shite to get found out

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/100m-public-money-used-treat-4076604

I wonder if the creeping privatisation of NHS Scotland is having a detrimental effect on NHS England :rolleyes:

THE NHS in Scotland have spent nearly £100million of public money on sending patients for private treatments since 2011, it was revealed yesterday.

The figure will cause huge embarrassment to Alex Salmond , who said three years ago that the private sector had been “eradicated” in Scotland’s NHS. Figures released to the Daily Record show that since the First Minister’s pledge, NHS spending on private care has soared – leading to huge profits for care firms such as Bupa.

And the number of NHS patients sent for private operations to avoid falling foul of waiting list targets has risen by 472 per cent over the same three-year period.

The reliance on private care for routine procedures such as hip operations is in stark contrast to Salmond’s remarks in the run-up to the 2011 Holyrood election.

He declared then on BBC1’s Question Time: “We’re going back to the founding principles of the NHS. We’ve eradicated the private sector from the NHS.”

More than 12,800 patients were referred to private hospitals and clinics for treatment last year, compared with 2239 in 2011-12, a rise of 472 per cent.

A large slice of the cash goes to already well-paid NHS consultants who work in the private sector in their spare time doing operations NHS hospitals don’t have time to carry out.

Salmond and the SNP have made the NHS a focus of the independence campaign , promising that a written constitution would legally guarantee the NHS remains in public hands after a Yes vote.

His opponents accuse him of scare-mongering about a threat of creeping privatisation after a No vote when health is already controlled by Holyrood.

Scottish Labour health spokesman Neil Findlay said: “The SNP are guilty of the worst kind of scare stories on our NHS. The NHS are completely devolved to Scotland. It’s Alex Salmond and his government who are responsible for failings in our hospitals.

Despite claiming he’d eradicate the private sector from the NHS , nearly five times as many patients are being referred to the private sector under this SNP government.”

The referral figures emerged in a series of freedom of information requests to health boards in Scotland.

The highest number was in NHS Lothian, who referred 9498 patients to private hospitals in Glasgow and Edinburgh last year compared with 758 in 2011,a 1153 per cent rise.

In the past three years, more than £94.2million has been paid to private health carers to treat NHS patients. Annual spending in that time has risen by 57 per cent from £22.8million to £35.8million

A quarter of patients were treated in private facilities outside their health board area, with the NHS often paying travel and accommodation costs as well as their treatment.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I don't believe I have ever said such a thing?

As for the bit about a link to the "Wings Over Scotland" website, I believe - if my memory serves me correct - that it was to do with an individual that Stuart D pointed out had a lack of morals. I note that you don't bother mentioning the sneaky link that your fellow Natsi Boot Boy SlartiNats posted leading to a website for "real life sex dolls". To be fair, that's the closest you Natsi Boot Boys are ever going to get to a girl-friend or wife, although I did notice before I clicked on the cross to close the offending internet page that they had male versions if that is more of your thing? Still, either way it'll be the closest most of you will have to "forming a relationship". Keep calm - it's only a forum and referendum which you don't have much chance of winning so I'm sure the blow when it arrives will be a little softer than your usual blows in your disappointing life! jerry.gif

If its a Yes win in September then the wives/girlfriends/boyfriends/husbands of the Natsi Boot Boys on here should be made to do it at Paisley Cenotaph. jerry.gifyoungman-sign.gifooolala-sign.gif

Do make your mind up now Tony. You're getting too excited with your trolling you can't keep your story straight! :)bangin.gifiamwithstupid.gif

Oh dear - another ex Salmond advisor puts the boot in.

This time it's Alex Bell - the man who wrote most of the White Paper. He's revealed that -

• an INDEPENDENT SCOTLAND WOULD KEEP TRIDENT in return for a "priority ticket into the International Community with a favourable deal with the rest of the UK".
  • a yes vote will not mean that Scotland avoids deep spending cuts and that an Independent Scottish State "CANNOT AFFORD TO KEEP PAYING PENSIONS"
  • that there is a power struggle at the top of the SNP with Nicola Sturgeon championing a "redesign" of the state but others in the party favour the "mini-UK" he says was outlined in the White Paper.

Has the Yes Campaign got any credibility left?

A Treasury spokesman said: "As part of the UK, every man, woman and child in Scotland is £1,400 better off. The Scottish government's claim that Scotland's public finances will be boosted by separation are based on inflated oil and gas forecasts. Every independent expert agrees that North Sea oil and gas revenues are volatile and will ultimately decline. The Scottish government's own stats show that over the past two years, North Sea tax revenues were around £5bn less than the Scottish government's lowest estimate.

You seemed to have missed this bit out.

Take off the blinker M8. You now have @ Tesco, Open Your Eye's To Independence !

post-8992-0-92504100-1408741322_thumb.jp

Edited by Bud Bundy

Guest TPAFKATS

24 Feb 2014 - Wood Review (chaired by Sir Ian Wood) published their final report stating up to 24 billion barrels of oil still to be extracted.

20 Aug 2014 - Sir Ian Wood states only about 15-16.5 billion barrels left and Scot Gov have over estimated with their figure of 24 billion.

None of our media have so far asked him about this.

Strange...

3 days into this now and still no media questioning how such an oil expert could lose up to 8billion barrels of oil in just 6 months.

I'm sure tomorrows papers will ask these questions...

Do make your mind up now Tony. You're getting too excited with your trolling you can't keep your story straight! smile.pngbangin.gifiamwithstupid.gif

Its flattering to know you're paying attention to my posts BoW! However, you'll have noticed that I did say:-

As for the bit about a link to the "Wings Over Scotland" website, I believe - if my memory serves me correct - that it was to do with an individual that Stuart D pointed out had a lack of morals. I note that you don't bother mentioning the sneaky link that your fellow Natsi Boot Boy SlartiNats posted leading to a website for "real life sex dolls". To be fair, that's the closest you Natsi Boot Boys are ever going to get to a girl-friend or wife, although I did notice before I clicked on the cross to close the offending internet page that they had male versions if that is more of your thing? Still, either way it'll be the closest most of you will have to "forming a relationship". Keep calm - it's only a forum and referendum which you don't have much chance of winning so I'm sure the blow when it arrives will be a little softer than your usual blows in your disappointing life! jerry.gif

Plus, SlartiNatsi has a "real life sex doll" which counts as a real partner in his weird world.

See - even I can use good old propaganda as favoured by the Reichsministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda! jerry.gif

I have highlighted the relevant part again for you. Come on, just admit that you f**ked up your trolling!

You are flattered because I read your posts?...along with everyone elses.........

Remember iTony, you are unique.....just like everyone else (including your aliases).

I have highlighted the relevant part again for you. Come on, just admit that you f**ked up your trolling!

You are flattered because I read your posts?...along with everyone elses.........

Remember iTony, you are unique.....just like everyone else (including your aliases).

You are funny even if you are a liar! jerry.gif

It's obvious even on your post that I also said "that's the closest most of you will have to forming a relationship". Don't let the truth get in the way of Natsi spin and propaganda!

It's obvious even on your post that I also said "that's the closest most of you will have to forming a relationship". Don't let the truth get in the way of Natsi spin and propaganda!

I'm having a little bit of trouble finding the lie...care to help me? And I am completely lost on the propaganda!!

Direct quotes from you....

"that's the closest you Natsi Boot Boys are ever going to get to a girl-friend or wife"

"the wives/girlfriends/boyfriends/husbands of the Natsi Boot Boys"

Slipping in " it'll be the closest most of you will have to "forming a relationship" doesn't make me a liar. It simply makes you inconsistent or contradictory.

Go on, admit that you f**ked up and we'll hear no more about it.......

I'm having a little bit of trouble finding the lie...care to help me? And I am completely lost on the propaganda!!

Direct quotes from you....

"that's the closest you Natsi Boot Boys are ever going to get to a girl-friend or wife"

"the wives/girlfriends/boyfriends/husbands of the Natsi Boot Boys"

Slipping in " it'll be the closest most of you will have to "forming a relationship" doesn't make me a liar. It simply makes you inconsistent or contradictory.

Go on, admit that you f**ked up and we'll hear no more about it.......

Aye, I just slipped in a wee part of my post! Very good - you'd have made a good assistant to Dr Goebbels! rolleyes.gif

Very interesting

Sid, I predict (just as with the 10,000hrs bid), you will suddenly flip to YES...

So you got excited and messed up your little trolling exercise about "natsi boot boys" not being able to get a significant other. Then when you were called on it you got all flustered and claimed that this....

"I have highlighted the relevant part again for you. Come on, just admit that you f**ked up your trolling!

Remember iTony, you are unique.....just like everyone else (including your aliases). "

was.....

a ) a lie

b ) Natsi spin

c ) Propaganda

Bullshit was then called again and you could have easily walked away with your tail between your legs but you keep squirming.

Maybe it's time to just create yet another alias and try again? Better luck next time tho eh.

I can certainly see the appeal of this trolling lark smile.png

Edited by BoWSaint

So you got excited and messed up your little trolling exercise about "natsi boot boys" not being able to get a significant other. Then when you were called on it you got all flustered and claimed that this....

"I have highlighted the relevant part again for you. Come on, just admit that you f**ked up your trolling!

Remember iTony, you are unique.....just like everyone else (including your aliases). "

was.....

a ) a lie

b ) Natsi spin

c ) Propaganda

Bullshit was then called again and you could have easily walked away with your tail between your legs but you keep squirming.

Maybe it's time to just create yet another alias and try again? Better luck next time tho eh.

I can certainly see the appeal of this trolling lark smile.png

FFS , you are going to ruin Sid's wee hobby at this rate. .

how many pols do we need

we can still vote on the original wan cos some guys huv yased up aw their aliases? who cares numer# vote next month

The last poll is from 10 months ago and still has an undecided option. A new yes/no poll with most people firmly engaged with the topic could show a swing one way or the other.

If you don't care then another poll shouldn't really bother you then, should it?

Here's Scottish Labour back in 2010 telling us that a Tory Government would slash spending for Scotland's NHS

You still banging on about that?

Here's yesterdays news article you tried to ignore

THE NHS in Scotland have spent nearly £100million of public money on sending patients for private treatments since 2011, it was revealed yesterday.

The figure will cause huge embarrassment to Alex Salmond , who said three years ago that the private sector had been “eradicated” in Scotland’s NHS. Figures released to the Daily Record show that since the First Minister’s pledge, NHS spending on private care has soared – leading to huge profits for care firms such as Bupa.

And the number of NHS patients sent for private operations to avoid falling foul of waiting list targets has risen by 472 per cent over the same three-year period.

The reliance on private care for routine procedures such as hip operations is in stark contrast to Salmond’s remarks in the run-up to the 2011 Holyrood election.

He declared then on BBC1’s Question Time: “We’re going back to the founding principles of the NHS. We’ve eradicated the private sector from the NHS.”

More than 12,800 patients were referred to private hospitals and clinics for treatment last year, compared with 2239 in 2011-12, a rise of 472 per cent.

A large slice of the cash goes to already well-paid NHS consultants who work in the private sector in their spare time doing operations NHS hospitals don’t have time to carry out.

Salmond and the SNP have made the NHS a focus of the independence campaign , promising that a written constitution would legally guarantee the NHS remains in public hands after a Yes vote.

His opponents accuse him of scare-mongering about a threat of creeping privatisation after a No vote when health is already controlled by Holyrood.

Scottish Labour health spokesman Neil Findlay said: “The SNP are guilty of the worst kind of scare stories on our NHS. The NHS are completely devolved to Scotland. It’s Alex Salmond and his government who are responsible for failings in our hospitals.

Despite claiming he’d eradicate the private sector from the NHS , nearly five times as many patients are being referred to the private sector under this SNP government.”

The referral figures emerged in a series of freedom of information requests to health boards in Scotland.

The highest number was in NHS Lothian, who referred 9498 patients to private hospitals in Glasgow and Edinburgh last year compared with 758 in 2011,a 1153 per cent rise.

In the past three years, more than £94.2million has been paid to private health carers to treat NHS patients. Annual spending in that time has risen by 57 per cent from £22.8million to £35.8million

A quarter of patients were treated in private facilities outside their health board area, with the NHS often paying travel and accommodation costs as well as their treatment.

In short we supporter's of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co need only worry about our own vote and need not take heed of anything that imposters say. Imposters such as Stu Dick who confesses not to support our club but still insists on hovering around our fantastic forum without sensible need. People like Stu Dick need not influence us enlightened Paisley brethren of whom I am confident will vote the righteous vote of YES.

Why does an imposter like Stu Dick insist on polluting our forum and making multiple posts on the subject?

Because people like Stu Dick are wrong and cannot win an argument on any level so must resort to multiple posts in the hope that bombarding intelligent people like us with fake facts in the hope that some halfwits fall for it.

People like Stu Dick are evil and in the words of Robert Burns form a "parcel of rogues in our nation".

YES

Surprise! Surprise!

Oil billionaire Wood has claimed the figure of 24 billion barrels is 45-60% too high and no more than 35 years of oil and gas production remain, without any major discoveries.

But industry body Oil & Gas UK, which made the estimate and "remains neutral in the referendum debate", said it stood by its prediction.

The figure of 24 billion has been backed by leading oil economist Professor Alex Kemp, who told the Sunday Herald he believes the longer-term prospects are better than Wood suggested.

A statement issued by Oil & Gas UK, which describes itself as the voice of the offshore industry, said: "We note Sir Ian Wood's view that between 15-16.5 billion barrels of oil and gas may be produced from the UKCS (UK Continental Shelf).

"Oil & Gas UK, however, believes there is a broader range of possible outcomes and we remain of the view that there could be up to 24 billion barrels of oil and gas to recover.

In the article Wood states that he "did not do a calculation" for his report Maybe he based his figures on a feeling in his big toe.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/oil-the-last-gasp-scare-story-fails.25123685

Edited by FTOF