The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I did the former at age 16 when still at school as I worked at the weekend and all through the holidays.

I think the point is "not many" whereas they ALL have a vote.

I'm not convinced getting a vote at that age is a great move either although their has been considerable engagement so maybe, long term, not a bad thing.

I'm not convinced getting a vote at that age is a great move either although their has been considerable engagement so maybe, long term, not a bad thing.

What will happen at the next local or general elections ? will they still get the vote or be told that their input isn't required .

I suppose Ian , it is similar to the reason we like to wear the colours to a Saint Mirren game , we want to be identified , because we are proud of what we stand for. .

Wear my scarf to show support for my team.

Abby waved her flag at the Cup Final to show support for her team.

Neither of us do it to be offensive or to get it right up the opposition.

Some so called humans here, fly flags they continually disgrace.

Voted earlier and the Yes campaign were handing out T shirts , badges , hats and even foam fingers to the school pupils they thought were old enough to vote , never agreed with the fact that 16 and 17 year olds are allowed to vote in the biggest decision in our countries history but when I seen the freebies being handed to the young people can see it now, they can't buy cigarettes , booze or watch certain cert movie or even buy video games but the YES side desperately depend on them to try and win this vote .

Absolutely , I'm an old fart voting yes , but my children and these 16/17 year olds are the ones who will benefit long term from independence !

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/scotland-goes-full-scottish-2014091790696

With one day of campaigning left, the debate is now focused on millions of red-faced maniacs calling each other bastards.

Across the country ordinary people have poured onto the streets to scream filth at someone, as light aircraft fly overhead trailing banners that feature heavy use of the ‘c-word’.

On the BBC’s evening news programme in Scotland, the presenter referred to SNP leader Alex Salmond as a ‘spunk stain’, but maintained impartiality by comparing Gordon Brown’s latest speech to ‘an ice cream made of shite’.

Julian Cook, a UN election observer, said: “The Yes campaign has now become a grassroots swearing movement, while the No campaigners turned over a desk and told me they are ‘having none of this pish’.”

A Yes campaign spokesman said: “We’ve asked our volunteers to go out today and call 50 people a bastard.”

A No campaign spokesman turned over a desk and added: “f**k off.”

Cook said: “Luckily Scotland’s not completely obsessed with tribalism, so it should all calm down by Friday afternoon.”

He would have got similar if he'd indicated he would vote NO.

TBH he should have stayed away, quite surprised he's dropped himself into this shite.

It's only shite if he lets the wankers bother him , which he won't. Meanwhile let's hope he's influencing the voting school kids !

Guest TPAFKATS

Time will tell, they may become as disenfrancised with voting as over 18s have...

You are just a real sad guy. You know as well as I do that you always intended to vote Yes come hell or high water. I sincerely hope the majority of the Scottish population have more perception than you.

I am extraordinarily happy today Rick. Well if they do have more perception, it will be a resounding YES!

Me and my whole family voted YES this morning. What way did you vote Rick?

I never said that he suggested he would. What I am suggesting is that like Oaksoft, he doesn't give a toss if Scotland might be worse off. Oaky admits that but plenty others feel the same without admitting it. I suppose they don't want to appear as stupid as Oaky. It's delusional to believe that Yes has come close to a convincing argument for independence.

I and others have admitted it several times... Get that into your stupid head

Don't dear me. You know I speak the truth. You made up your mind as soon as Wee Eck mentioned a referendum. A lot did. Then we got the head and heart shit. Oh,Please!

How do you rate Tony's remarks? Almost up to Studick's standard? I don't give a shit what you think of me.

Wow! What an angry man...

I would laugh if you weren't so f'in stupid, try youtube and see all the videos. Oops forgot you don't know how that works.

So here's a few http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=george+square+nazi

Just remember to not slam the border door behind you when you leave tomorrow night.

Yeah, he did say he and 700,000 others would be off

Aye, I can see me having to queue tonight, it'll be nearer 7:00pm, hope it's safe at that time. wink.png

Depends whether The Rangers are playing at the time or not.

Have you never voted before? At my Polling place this morning there were 2 nice smiling YES men and a sad looking No man, but he did mumble Good Morning to me and scared the shit out of me! But I said Good Morning back and a smile cracked across his face. I like to think I brightened up his day, after all were all in this together... aren't we?

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Be careful, there might be some angry voters behind you. whistling.gif

I refer you to my reply above

What will happen at the next local or general elections ? will they still get the vote or be told that their input isn't required .

Good question.

I think 16-17 yr olds were given the vote as in the event of a YES vote, they would be 18 when the Scottish General Election comes around. Hopefully we'll get the answer soon!

I drove through Linwood yesterday and was shocked by the number of NO placards. Why is that?

Guest TPAFKATS

It's only shite if he lets the wankers bother him , which he won't. Meanwhile let's hope he's influencing the voting school kids !

Not sure he'll influence embdy.

I find it more significant that he's made a public proclamation on the day of the vote. He's got too many advisors simply to make an emotional decision. He's thinks he's picked the winning side ;-)

I am extraordinarily happy today Rick. Well if they do have more perception, it will be a resounding YES!

Me and my whole family voted YES this morning. What way did you vote Rick?

I and others have admitted it several times... Get that into your stupid head

Wow! What an angry man...

Yeah, he did say he and 700,000 others would be off

Depends whether The Rangers are playing at the time or not.

Have you never voted before? At my Polling place this morning there were 2 nice smiling YES men and a sad looking No man, but he did mumble Good Morning to me and scared the shit out of me! But I said Good Morning back and a smile cracked across his face. I like to think I brightened up his day, after all were all in this together... aren't we?

I refer you to my reply above

Good question.

I think 16-17 yr olds were given the vote as in the event of a YES vote, they would be 18 when the Scottish General Election comes around. Hopefully we'll get the answer soon!

I drove through Linwood yesterday and was shocked by the number of NO placards. Why is that?

Taking posts FAR too seriously. 1eye.gif

Definitely one for the Erskine bridge tomorrow. bye1.gif