The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really? You believe that?

Despite the fact that we are to remain in NATO which is committed to the retention on nuclear weapons?

You know bud, you may have a point.

In fact you DO have a point.

You have made many good points about the risks.

You know what though? Sometimes you have to man up and start taking responsibility for yourself.

If the Yes vote wins tomorrow we'll make mistakes, encounter problems and have to figure things out as we go.

That is the joy of life and personally nothing would make me vote against it.

Go and vote whatever way you feel like.

The tide feels like its turning and you No guys are all on here talking amongst yourselves.

I'm confident of 65% Yes tomorrow. There are grown men crying in polling booths everywhere.

Diehard No voters are taking one look at the question and changing their minds and going Yes.

Of course those could all be made up stories to boost Yes voters but I don't think so.

This feels like change and change usually comes with a landslide.

If it doesn't then it doesn't but I think you'll be getting a surprise in the morning.

You know bud, you may have a point.

In fact you DO have a point.

You have made many good points about the risks.

You know what though? Sometimes you have to man up and start taking responsibility for yourself.

If the Yes vote wins tomorrow we'll make mistakes, encounter problems and have to figure things out as we go.

That is the joy of life and personally nothing would make me vote against it.

Go and vote whatever way you feel like.

The tide feels like its turning and you No guys are all on here talking amongst yourselves.

I'm confident of 65% Yes tomorrow. There are grown men crying in polling booths everywhere.

Diehard No voters are taking one look at the question and changing their minds and going Yes.

Of course those could all be made up stories to boost Yes voters but I don't think so.

This feels like change and change usually comes with a landslide.

If it doesn't then it doesn't but I think you'll be getting a surprise in the morning.

I have to admit, THAT'S funny. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

You know bud, you may have a point.In fact you DO have a point.You have made many good points about the risks.You know what though? Sometimes you have to man up and start taking responsibility for yourself.If the Yes vote wins tomorrow we'll make mistakes, encounter problems and have to figure things out as we go.That is the joy of life and personally nothing would make me vote against it.Go and vote whatever way you feel like.The tide feels like its turning and you No guys are all on here talking amongst yourselves.I'm confident of 65% Yes tomorrow. There are grown men crying in polling booths everywhere.Diehard No voters are taking one look at the question and changing their minds and going Yes.Of course those could all be made up stories to boost Yes voters but I don't think so. This feels like change and change usually comes with a landslide.If it doesn't then it doesn't but I think you'll be getting a surprise in the morning.

Oaky I voted yes, be prepared to see a landslide NO vote. You are living in la la land.

Guest TPAFKATS

Just back, 4 NO votes firmly counted. thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gif

Bit early for counting them, whether firmly or otherwise. Counting starts after 10pm.

Way too early with your referendum over thread as well.

You're awfully premature these days

Bit early for counting them, whether firmly or otherwise. Counting starts after 10pm.

Way too early with your referendum over thread as well.

You're awfully premature these days

Can't I count our votes?

Sorry.

Getting nervous?

Got your "We were robbed" post ready?

Edited by faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS

Neil Bibby Labour MSP reported to electoral commission after telling voters in Feegie that they couldn't vote while wearing yes badges or t shirts.

I genuinely hope the Labour party dies off.

Neil Bibby Labour MSP reported to electoral commission after telling voters in Feegie that they couldn't vote while wearing yes badges or t shirts.

I genuinely hope the Labour party dies off.

that cant be true, despRICKable said it would be yes voters who would harrass other voters,and people would be scared to go to the polling station,i took my wife with me for protection and right enough - we were approached by the gang outside - actually it was just one young lad - but he frightened the life out of me when he pointed a leaflet at me and in a menacing tone (disguised as politeness) asked "would you like one of these" i dived into the polling station before i got a paper cut,he was still there when we came out and further menaced me by smiling and saying "cheerio" i took to my heels again because he still had more weapons (leaflets) and i couldn't see anyone else but assumed the rest of the gang must have been lurking nearby with smiles and leaflets of their own.

Guest TPAFKATS

So far the tally is a labour mp chucked out a polling station, a labour msp reported to electoral commission and a labour councillor who travelled from Merseyside arrested on suspicion of assault.

But NATO remains committed to the retention of them and by continuing our membership we condone them... just as long as they are not on our doorstep! Hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy. ..?

The UK continues to buy a nuclear arsenal from America whilst telling other sovereign states , "We have them but you aren't getting them , or else!". That is hypocrisy. .

Just home from my first - and to be honest I hope last - ever day of political activism.

Certainly a very good feeling for NO at the polling station and area I was it. Would conservatively estimate we won Johnstone Castle with a 60-40 margin.

Fingers crossed we do it, I am confident but extremely nervous at the same time.