The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest TPAFKATS

Away and stick your newspaper stories where the sun don't shine.

You're telling me 28% of children only get one hot meal a day? Dearie me, I suppose you believe in the tooth fairy?

I see the "will be really be so better off" is being ignored again.

I am not telling you 28% of children only get one hot meal a day. I didnt think you were that daft, but I guess I've learned something new today. Mibees you need to read the post again and then look up a dictionary and find the definition of example

Will we really be better off - this isnt being ignored. Its just not being answered in the way you want it to be whistling.gif

These poor children, and lets play the "28%" game, ever wondered why they have this emotional statement of one hot meal a day?

Possibly the parent or parents don't work, gave rarely worked or never worked?

I'll no sleep tonight, although maybe that's because my shoulders fcuking sore from working hard all my life!

Well it might be an emotional statement but mibees they have it cos its true? Mibees if it wasnt for free school meals we'd have a lot of hungry children?

BTW, a few wee typos in your posts. Were you "ranting" hard on the keyboard Mr. Daily Mail reader? I've worked hard all my life - FFS!

I am not telling you 28% of children only get one hot meal a day. I didnt think you were that daft, but I guess I've learned something new today. Mibees you need to read the post again and then look up a dictionary and find the definition of example

Will we really be better off - this isnt being ignored. Its just not being answered in the way you want it to be whistling.gif

Well it might be an emotional statement but mibees they have it cos its true? Mibees if it wasnt for free school meals we'd have a lot of hungry children?

BTW, a few wee typos in your posts. Were you "ranting" hard on the keyboard Mr. Daily Mail reader? I've worked hard all my life - FFS!

Aye there's loads of wee emaciated children all over Scotland - oh no wait.....there's an obesity epidemic apparently.

If that was genuinely true he'd have moved over and handed the reigns to Jim Sillars. rolleyes.gif

I totally agree. At least Jim Sillars would have made more of a battle of it. Herr Salmond seems to have caught the wrong train when leaving the station and ended up miles away from where he was supposed to be.

> well, he is a leader of a political party,Stu...

I guess that means you are insinuating that I'm an alias. Disappointed in that Tony, you are a decent poster on here. If that's the level you want to bring our exchange down to then fine, I'll leave you to it. Depressing.

It's a well known Propaganda trick.

LOL - This is getting out of hand lol.gif . This is only my 39th post since joining the forum back around April time and to date I've been accused of being Rea, by Mr McCkracken, Stu by Tony, and now Sid by yourself Mr Bundy. I'm none of them. Seriously, nothing against any of those guy's, but I'm really not an alias.

Aye, stop trying to steal credit for "all of my aliases", Wrong Planet! Get your own! jerry.gif

28% of children in Scotland live in poverty. Not all of them are in households where the adults are unemployed or disabled. There is a growing number of working poor. This won't change at Westminster as the main parties all have the same policies.

You're sounding like dicko now.

Poverty has been defined and explained many times during this thread.

Think about kids only hot meal of the day being a free one at school as an example.

Still you and your family aren't suffering so there's no need for you to want change is there?

I would have thought your way of dealing with such problems would be similar to this guys, Tony?

post-14154-0-73800100-1408572919_thumb.j

Guest TPAFKATS

24 Feb 2014 - Wood Review (chaired by Sir Ian Wood) published their final report stating up to 24 billion barrels of oil still to be extracted.

20 Aug 2014 - Sir Ian Wood states only about 15-16.5 billion barrels left and Scot Gov have over estimated with their figure of 24 billion.

None of our media have so far asked him about this.

Strange...

These poor children, and lets play the "28%" game, ever wondered why they have this emotional statement of one hot meal a day?

Possibly the parent or parents don't work, gave rarely worked or never worked?

I'll no sleep tonight, although maybe that's because my shoulders fcuking sore from working hard all my life!

an ergonomically designed lavvie brush should help no end

You are correct Tony, some do want that, but personally I've never looked or asked for guarantees. I was hoping for a positive Yes campaign to demonstrate to me that a union with Wales, Northern Ireland and England was to the detriment of Scotland. Instead, and it's only my view, I've been given smoke and mirrors and asked to accept it will be alright on the night. On the back of that, together with the key protagonists of Salmond and Sturgeon, I now believe that we are Better Together. A different Yes campaign, with different people leading the charge, who knows.

Trident, NHS privatisation, HS2, total mugging of the barnett formula-all aspects of the union that are detrimental to scots now and in the future

ETA, I've just realised, you wanted a positive campaign that focussed on the negative aspects of the union?

Edited by beyond our ken

lol.gif

Oh dear, I'm "daft" now because I don't agree with your vague "facts"? lol.gif

Free school meals are now..........oh wait, sorry, you used your "get out clause" of Mibees, I better not use that as another bollox "fact".

Oh then you resort to "typos" as another distraction tactic, followed by something that's meant to be a slur with the Daily Mail reader jibe? 1eye.gif

Just to clarify, I don't read ANY newspapers, I tend to come to my own conclusions, not swayed by some rag with it's own agenda.

Without knowing the reasons all these poor wee children are starving and then blaming it on the government, which suits the "YES" agenda, I'll not say any more.

Something you might consider, although I doubt it. bye1.gif

Surprise, Surprise.

Using the pound without big brothers permission is not only feasable, but potentially advantageous!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-28869991

"But a new report, written by the research director of the Adam Smith Institute, Sam Bowman, has argued that sterlingization - using the pound without the use of a central bank - would be "a significant improvement on Scotland's current arrangements"."

The Better together, NO, No thanks, whatever they're calling themselves this morning, mob better have a "PLAN C/D/E" to attack the YES campaign and fill the Scots with fear.

Edited by stlucifer

Surprise, Surprise.

Using the pound without big brothers permission is not only feasable, but potentially advantageous!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-28869991

"But a new report, written by the research director of the Adam Smith Institute, Sam Bowman, has argued that sterlingization - using the pound without the use of a central bank - would be "a significant improvement on Scotland's current arrangements"."

The Better together, NO, No thanks, whatever they're calling themselves this morning, mob better have a "PLAN C/D/E" to attack the YES campaign and fill the Scots with fear.

And equally surprise, surprise stlucifer, the same article has Colletta Smith, the BBC Scotland economic correspondent, stating

'What's not addressed is whether depositors could be convinced that a new system would be stable, or whether money would be pulled out of Scotland before the theory could be put to the test.'

Additionally, in an article by Tom Peterkin in the Scotsman today we get 'Opinion on sterlingisation is sharply divided. For example, an Adam Smith Insitute report today sings its praises. But it is difficult not to notice that the fiscal commission’s first report’s mention of currency and balance of payments as one of sterlingisation’s drawbacks, makes almost exactly the same point now being raised by Better Together. The No campaign argues Scotland would inherit a balance of payments of minus 5 per cent of GDP. In order to turn that around, Better Together argues that an independent Scotland would have to run a long-term austerity programme.'

Once again it's "Aye it will" / "No it willnae". Exactly the same as the oil argument we had a good discussion on yesterday.... loads of barrels, nae barrels, some barrels....

I expect we are in for another month of the same playground debates on both sides with one set of politicians, experts, economists, historians etc trading blows and insults with another set saying the polar opposite, with very little benefit to the voting public.

And for what it's worth, a few weeks back Alex Salmond would not even discuss a plan B, if he does in next weeks debate then great, that's got to be progress surely?

Aye, define "poverty" as its a term banded about, throwing an image that's far from the truth.

FFS , the land of milk & honey anyone?

Let's start at the beginning.

Do you have a council house or do you own?

Not fussed about which one but do you fall into one of those two categories?

Trident, NHS privatisation, HS2, total mugging of the barnett formula-all aspects of the union that are detrimental to scots now and in the future

ETA, I've just realised, you wanted a positive campaign that focussed on the negative aspects of the union?

That's strange. Still no proof from the Nationalists that privatisation NHS England has meant that Scotland s payment per head of population has gone down despite smcc's link from the Nuffield from 2012. Don't tell me I'm going to have to publish the figures that prove it hasn't. :rolleyes:

And equally surprise, surprise stlucifer, the same article has Colletta Smith, the BBC Scotland economic correspondent, stating

'What's not addressed is whether depositors could be convinced that a new system would be stable, or whether money would be pulled out of Scotland before the theory could be put to the test.'

Additionally, in an article by Tom Peterkin in the Scotsman today we get 'Opinion on sterlingisation is sharply divided. For example, an Adam Smith Insitute report today sings its praises. But it is difficult not to notice that the fiscal commission’s first report’s mention of currency and balance of payments as one of sterlingisation’s drawbacks, makes almost exactly the same point now being raised by Better Together. The No campaign argues Scotland would inherit a balance of payments of minus 5 per cent of GDP. In order to turn that around, Better Together argues that an independent Scotland would have to run a long-term austerity programme.'

Once again it's "Aye it will" / "No it willnae". Exactly the same as the oil argument we had a good discussion on yesterday.... loads of barrels, nae barrels, some barrels....

I expect we are in for another month of the same playground debates on both sides with one set of politicians, experts, economists, historians etc trading blows and insults with another set saying the polar opposite, with very little benefit to the voting public.

And for what it's worth, a few weeks back Alex Salmond would not even discuss a plan B, if he does in next weeks debate then great, that's got to be progress surely?

An independent think tank full of professionals or a news hack. Hmmmmm. Let me see!

As for the "Plan B". There are options openly cited by the Yes campaigners but you don't need a "Plan B" if "Plan A" has two options which would work.

That's strange. Still no proof from the Nationalists that privatisation NHS England has meant that Scotland s payment per head of population has gone down despite smcc's link from the Nuffield from 2012. Don't tell me I'm going to have to publish the figures that prove it hasn't. rolleyes.gif

Privatisation Stuart in the NHS is not something I wish to see up here but a no vote will guarantee it.I,m more concerned by the sabre rattling of the southerners calling for cuts to Scotland even in the event of a no vote.If that does not worry you in Castle Lanarkshire I don't know what will.It does work wonders for a YES VOTE though so keep it coming.