The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest TPAFKATS

The fence to get into the field was quite big, he couldnae have got over it..........................wink.png

Mibees it was Big Jim Murphy? He's awfy angry these days. Any egg shells lying around?

Paul can be a bit of an enigma regarding Scotland. I remember him being outspoken when he lived here saying something like " I sometimes wonder what happens to all that revenue from whiskey " . Meanwhile the pipe band that he employed on his chart topping success Mull of Kintyre got tradesmans rates at best. I dunno maybe the recreational drugs he exploited in the early days are still affecting him. .

it seems Ireland should be given back to the Irish, but Scotland is a different issue in Macca's book

He finds himself in the esteemed company of former lord provost kelly in that regard. That pretty much says it all

Seen some nice person had went into a field and demolished a "No thanks" sign on my way to work this morning.

Had to walk about 50 yards to get to this sign through a nice muddy field. :1eye

Do these morons, and both sides will have them, think this helps their cause? :thumbsdown

There have been several grafittoed-upon NO signs throughout Scotland, I've noticed. Inverness and loads around Stirling/Bannockburn/Falkirk.

FWIW I've not seen any YES ones that have been damaged.

Had to grin about YES signs attached to lamp posts around Falkirk.... About 25 metres up. Bet it's years before they get removed.

Ah bluto, you clearly never did the post match Karaoke at Carnegies on a Saturday all those years ago my friend.

First time around John Lennon ends the Chorus with "And the world will be as one", second time around "And the world will live as one". A simple Google search would have saved you having to issue an apology.... looking forward to reading it. Go on, "It's easy if you try". :whistle

:P

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/62397/62397,1169199834,2/stock-photo-a-senior-businessman-in-shirtsleeves-making-a-rude-v-sign-in-your-face-2513074.jpg

There have been several grafittoed-upon NO signs throughout Scotland, I've noticed. Inverness and loads around Stirling/Bannockburn/Falkirk.

FWIW I've not seen any YES ones that have been damaged.

Had to grin about YES signs attached to lamp posts around Falkirk.... About 25 metres up. Bet it's years before they get removed.

You should see where Union Jacks get stuck up in Northern Ireland. Let your mind run riot.

Seen some nice person had went into a field and demolished a "No thanks" sign on my way to work this morning.

Had to walk about 50 yards to get to this sign through a nice muddy field. 1eye.gif

Do these morons, and both sides will have them, think this helps their cause? thumbdown.gif

To be fair I was out cycling yesterday and a guy with a Yes sign in the garden on the A77 had his walls spray painted with No.

Utter arseholes on both sides of the debate.

That is indeed one of the places where a few have been planted. Both factions are pretty good at finding places to stick their flags where it's bloody near impossible to get them down. They just rot away over time.

I don't know if it reached the national press but just at the end of July past a sixty eight year old guy attempted to swim out to an island on a lake in Co.Armagh to remove two Irish tricolours that had been put up on a tree. It seems he probably suffered a heart attack and drowned. Was it worth it? For two bits of cloth. To be fair the Nationalist community was annoyed at the whole thing too.

Had to walk about 50 yards to get to this sign through a nice muddy field. 1eye.gif

Do these morons, and both sides will have them, think this helps their cause? thumbdown.gif

If you hadn't planted it so far up the field then the farmer would probably have taken it down before now

it seems Ireland should be given back to the Irish, but Scotland is a different issue in Macca's book

He finds himself in the esteemed company of former lord provost kelly in that regard. That pretty much says it all

If I were Paul , I'd be a no voter as well , after all what does he have to gain from it ? He used to be very good at singing , he should be happy enough with that. .

Guest TPAFKATS

55yo man arrested following confrontation between yes and no supporters at 4pm in argyle street Glasgow on Sat.

Social media has more details, he allegedly kicked a women in stomach. Nice guy.

How's Jim Murphy doing?

As I said, you're no good at this trolling lark either. 1eye.gif

FFS Bluto (I'm joining in too) that was an almost instant response to post a picture of a guys arse, you didn't even have time to google for one. Is there anything you want to tell us? biggrin.png

2 minutes?

I could write War and Peace in that time. smile.png

ARSE isnae a long word... and also and anyway...

Google autocompletes and offers images for me every time I am replying to a YES voter. tongue.png

If Rick had been one, Google would have offered much more obscene images. whistling.gif:

calm-down-ffs.png

Edited by bluto

As I said, you're no good at this trolling lark either. :1eye

FFS Bluto (I'm joining in too) that was an almost instant response to post a picture of a guy's arse, you didn't even have time to google for one. Is there anything you want to tell us? :D

Desperately Seeking Susan's says it's a selfie.

If I were Paul , I'd be a no voter as well , after all what does he have to gain from it ? He used to be very good at singing , he should be happy enough with that. .

i think paul mccartney and several other "faces" have added their tuppence worth (even though they have no vote) because they may possibly be landowners here and or have money in some of the scottish forests that were planted for investment a few years ago and may soon be subject to heavier taxes than they first thought,when it comes time for them to be felled and sold and if/when land prices fall even lower than now

To be fair I was out cycling yesterday and a guy with a Yes sign in the garden on the A77 had his walls spray painted with No.

Utter arseholes on both sides of the debate.

most of the coverage comes from negatives, but the whole process has been massively positive with some many people actively engaged and , in general, most people not letting the debate go any further than words. Even the egg throwing incident was staged;)

Guest TPAFKATS

i think paul mccartney and several other "faces" have added their tuppence worth (even though they have no vote) because they may possibly be landowners here and or have money in some of the scottish forests that were planted for investment a few years ago and may soon be subject to heavier taxes than they first thought,when it comes time for them to be felled and sold and if/when land prices fall even lower than now

Vested interest then? If so, should be reported as such.