The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vested interest then? If so, should be reported as such.

it does make you wonder why they feel the need to try and influence the vote,might be a good thing if yes wins that the scottish government then taxes the shit out of them and makes their investment worthless and we buy back our land and forest assets for the good of people of the country,

it does make you wonder why they feel the need to try and influence the vote,might be a good thing if yes wins that the scottish government then taxes the shit out of them and makes their investment worthless and we buy back our land and forest assets for the good of people of the country,

Do I Detect a Fearty changing his Tune ?

post-8992-0-28064400-1409609950_thumb.jp

All polls are shite.

They are as bad as each other.

Not one of them is correct IMO.

But on the off-chance that they are NOT shite it's good to see that's the second in a week showing an apparent systematic collapse of the No vote.

Despite the 300 year history.

Despite the uncertainty of a Yes vote.

Despite the threats and bullying by BT.

Despite the orchestrated media campaign,

Despite the fact we have a good idea of what remaining in Britain will be like.

Despite every "big hitter" being thrown at the campaign.

Despite ALL of the apparent advantages of the UK, BT have still not gained a secure 50% of the polls.

How embarassing for them.

All polls are shite.

They are as bad as each other.

Not one of them is correct IMO.

But on the off-chance that they are NOT shite it's good to see that's the second in a week showing an apparent systematic collapse of the No vote.

Despite the 300 year history.

Despite the uncertainty of a Yes vote.

Despite the threats and bullying by BT.

Despite the orchestrated media campaign,

Despite the fact we have a good idea of what remaining in Britain will be like.

Despite every "big hitter" being thrown at the campaign.

Despite ALL of the apparent advantages of the UK, BT have still not gained a secure 50% of the polls.

How embarassing for them.

It will be embarrassing when the "NO" vote wins and you look like a trumpet. lol.gif

PS I might vote "Aye", no quite sure yet. whistling.gif

Wonder if the posters who love to quote opinion polls will be on this thread tomorrow?

I take it you are referring to the poll that was done on 5000 people rather than the usual 1000 or so that always has an undecided aspect ? Not that I'm saying that those smaller polls are serving some sort of interest or are in any way unbiased , NO , I would never suggest , that. .

Edited to overcome the drafty auto-editing. . I will not be pushed , filed , stamped , indexed etc. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

American take on our referendum and our media's involvement

Flabbergasting to see an outsiders view like this

I'd stake all of my Lottery winnings on that "outsider" not being an outsider.

Over-excited, tongue-tied utter garbage.

It will be embarrassing when the "NO" vote wins and you look like a trumpet. :lol

For that, there's no need to wait for vote announcement.

Guest TPAFKATS

Better Together heading to Tennent's brewery in Glasgow to highlight advantages of Scottish jobs within wider UK.

Who owns Tennent Caledonian Brewers? Oh aye, an Irish company...

Better Together heading to Tennent's brewery in Glasgow to highlight advantages of Scottish jobs within wider UK.

Right , if we are "better together" , how could a company that is headquartered in a country that left the UK over 7t yrs ago , be able to buy a company that is still within the more "robust" set up that is the political union of English vassal states , known as the UK. .? How can that be ? Did you just make that up ?

argue.gif

I'm sure it has occurred to everyone by now, we are the same faces, making the same arguments, hurling the same abuse, and none of us have a snowballs chance in hell of changing each others minds. It's been fun, but most sane observers would probably argue that posting on this thread is now an act of futility and the definition of pointlessness.

As Confucius said "The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.” rolleyes.gif

Apparently not.

What does your quote have to do with the rest of your post?

Hi Slarti, knew you would respond, you never disappoint in your predictability. I like that about you.

Pointlessness is the noun (lack of meaning, purpose, or ideas; the characteristic or condition of being pointless).

Example, 'The pointlessness of the discussion only compounded her boredom'.

Re. the quote, thought it was obvious, my mistake. I'll try again, it strikes me that the Yes camp on here are looking for a killer argument to beat the No camp, and vice versa of course. Trouble is, at this stage of the debate neither side is listening and / or is willing to be swayed. Back to "Potato" / "Potahto". Both sides are looking for something that doesn't exist.

So what you are saying is that it is NOT the definition of pointlessness - why did you say it was then.

Yes it was your mistake - as usual. Can you prove that it doesn't exist? Of course not. The most you can say is that it hasn't been found yet. So, basically, your quote was nothing to do with the rest of your post - good to know.

We are now arguing about the argument that all the arguing on this thread is no longer worth arguing about thumbup2.gif

Right , if we are "better together" , how could a company that is headquartered in a country that left the UK over 7t yrs ago , be able to buy a company that is still within the more "robust" set up that is the political union of English vassal states , known as the UK. .? How can that be ? Did you just make that up ?

At last!

The bawbee's beginning to drop for you Yes-men. :)

Have I not been saying all along how this vote will change nothing, is irrelevant, UNLESS you tackle the underlying causes of your bleating?

The overweening power of London and of Capitalism will not miss a beat after Sep 18, no matter what the result.

Eta: it's my belief, of course, that Nationalists are specifically made to play into Capitalist hands.

Divide and rule has always been a way of keeping the underclasses diverted from the big picture. :(

Edited by bluto

At last!

The bawbee's beginning to drop for you Yes-men. smile.png

Have I not been saying all along how this vote will change nothing, is irrelevant, UNLESS you tackle the underlying causes of your bleating?

The overweening power of London and of Capitalism will not miss a beat after Sep 18, no matter what the result.

Eta: it's my belief, of course, that Nationalists are specifically made to play into Capitalist hands.

Divide and rule has always been a way of keeping the underclasses diverted from the big picture. sad.png

But my question is , why isn't it better together now. .zorro.gif

But my question is , why isn't it better together now. .zorro.gif

Well... as a bankrupt Scotland went on to enter into (then profit from) a Union that was the greatest Empire on Earth for about a century, then you've had ample opportunity to not only enjoy how much better life is sharing the fruits from that Empire (naughty empire with only 'the english' doing the naughty stuff, no doubt), but to still be in a stable, prosperous society that is far from perfect but is always improving.

It IS better together now.

(SHITE SLOGAN AND I HATE TRYING TO DEFEND IT, BTW)

Edited by bluto