The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest TPAFKATS

I agree TonySoprano, initial operations in Iraq were led by the US and a coalition however in 2004 NATO Training Mission-Iraq was established and troops from NATO nations were working in Iraq (and some still are).

I also agree that NATO is a defensive organisation, which was why the attacks on America in 2001 required NATO to invoke article 5 thereby obliging all NATO nations to respond. One of the points I tried to make was that if an independant Scotland were a member and such an event happened again we would be equally obligated to respond regardless of the will of the people.

I felt that the comments of Oaksoft where he was happy to forget Norways contribution in recent conflicts to further his argument were disrespectful to those individuals that served. However if I have misread then please accept my apologies.

Thanks pompeysaint.

I guess the disclaimer to the 2004 op would be that it was a training mission and therefore not combative?

There were still a load if nations who despite being in NATO didn't get involved in iraq conflict.

All the NATO nonsense is just Dicko deflecting once again from the embarrassing week that BT have just had.

Are we not staying in or wishing to join NATO?

Yes

Are people still questioning this?

It's a bit like EU membership and the currency plan B.

All been answered millions of times but the same question is still being asked.

Now I know how frustrating life must be for primary school teachers.

Note Oaksoft how Soprano answers a question put forward by someone who didn't know the "Yes" campaign's view.

Worth bearing in mind also that a proportion of independence supporters - myself included - would much rather we didn't look to join NATO in the event of a YES vote.

We could do with some protection, England might start an illegal war against us for our oil? Edited by davidg

SIR Paul Macca (cheesy thumbs up) says Let's Stay Together. The rest of us shrug and wonder what would Lennon have said...

"You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one"

Perhaps that's the answer all the way from the grave Tony, that's a pretty fecking huge Union tongue.png

"You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will be as one"

Perhaps that's the answer all the way from the grave Tony, that's a pretty fecking huge Union tongue.png

Er....

"LIVE as one"...

and ... also... here's a huge one....

article-0-15034A27000005DC-348_638x566.j

Worth bearing in mind also that a proportion of independence supporters - myself included - would much rather we didn't look to join NATO in the event of a YES vote.

Indeed . .

I'd be happy to leave all unions , NATO , EU and Uk of course . All have served their purpose and Norway continues to flourish outside of the EEC. .

Er....

"LIVE as one"...

Ah bluto, you clearly never did the post match Karaoke at Carnegies on a Saturday all those years ago my friend.

First time around John Lennon ends the Chorus with "And the world will be as one", second time around "And the world will live as one". A simple Google search would have saved you having to issue an apology.... looking forward to reading it. Go on, "It's easy if you try". whistling.gif

Guest TPAFKATS

Aye, ok wrong planet.

Better together as one big happy family. The whole planet...except Cameron is committed to a referendum on Eu membership.

One big happy family...but what if your not in EU or NATO.

One big happy family as long as it's what the NWO wants...

Good tune though, you were doing alright with the first line.

Aye, ok wrong planet.

Better together as one big happy family. The whole planet...except Cameron is committed to a referendum on Eu membership.

One big happy family...but what if your not in EU or NATO.

One big happy family as long as it's what the NWO wants...

Good tune though, you were doing alright with the first line.

For goodness sake Tony, calm down fellow bud, it was supposed to be a bit of light hearted fun after your own tongue in cheek remark wondering what John Lennon, a man dead 34 years, would have said! Bluto understood that and carried it on with his amusing onion gag. Jeez!

Wow, your Utopia is pretty incredible. Not only are 5m Scots going to dictate to the 58m left in the UK the terms of independence to include a Currency Union that see's the 58m underwrite the borrowing of the 5m, we're now going to dictate foreign policy to the other 875,978,798 people represented under the Northern Atlantic Treaty Organisation.

It's hardly irrelevant when the Yes Campaign makes such a play of an Independent Scotland never being involved in military conflict around the world ever again whilst being members of NATO. It's just another of the unrealistic claims that the Yes Campaign has made in order to prostitute itself for a handful more votes. Although it is nice that you seem to think that Johann Lamont would be such a capable politician.....:rolleyes:

Wow! I managed to say nothing like the way you answered. Didn't think you would. Never mind, the better together misinformation wagon rolls on.

Very emotional 'debate'. If you can describe a 'debate' in such a way as this lead up to the referendum question.

Guest TPAFKATS

But..that's even higher than his original Hm Gov report of up to 24 bn barrels.

Is it any wonder the voters are confused.

I thought this guy was meant to be an expert...

Seen some nice person had went into a field and demolished a "No thanks" sign on my way to work this morning.

Had to walk about 50 yards to get to this sign through a nice muddy field. 1eye.gif

Do these morons, and both sides will have them, think this helps their cause? thumbdown.gif

Edited by faraway saint