The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Certainly very stupid in their roles as councillors to do such a thing. Especially in front of the council buildings.

However, I do agree with their sentiments that the Smith Report isn't worth the paper it's written on.

It's a bit like being given the latest model of a supercomputer, but without the microprocessor.

Maybe so but what they did demonstrates a complete lack of respect for the very principle that they were elected on. Democracy. There are no laws about burning books. But burning a book just because you don’t like the content or lack of content in it is just childish and undemocratic..

They may have been suspended however they should be prosecuted, I am sure that setting fire to a bin in a public place is against the law.

If someone set fire to a bin in the high street and videoed it then I am sure one of the offending four would have taken the moral high ground to condemn them and insist that the Police take action.

They should be given Community Service so that they can actually contribute something back to Paisley.

Maybe so but what they did demonstrates a complete lack of respect for the very principle that they were elected on. Democracy. There are no laws about burning books. But burning a book just because you don’t like the content or lack of content in it is just childish and undemocratic..

They may have been suspended however they should be prosecuted, I am sure that setting fire to a bin in a public place is against the law.

If someone set fire to a bin in the high street and videoed it then I am sure one of the offending four would have taken the moral high ground to condemn them and insist that the Police take action.

They should be given Community Service so that they can actually contribute something back to Paisley.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Where to start.

Nah, Can't be arsed.

The beaten nationalists?

Or some beaten nationalists who have now been suspended by the party?

I never said all beaten nationalists, therefore beaten nationalists was correct and clearly implies some.

Elected officials burning literature... Where in history have we seen that before...

The beaten nationalists?

Or some beaten nationalists who have now been suspended by the party?

I never said all beaten nationalists, therefore beaten nationalists was correct and clearly implies some.

Elected officials burning literature... Where in history have we seen that before...

Ffs , juvenile, ill considered and misguided , these the actions of a few low calibre individuals. Let me see, Renfrewshire councillors, aye , well , that about sums it up nicely then. They proudly demonstrated their collective mentality with that stunt. I mean, these people are elected representatives unless I'm mistaken. Who the f**k do they think they are ?

A group of wallopers, enough said.......

Guest TPAFKATS

Wind up?

They didn't burn a book, never mind books. Can you not get anything right?

Looks like the mock outrage from the unionists has made them lose the ability (albeit deliberately) to discern the difference between sheets of paper and a book.

Must be the years of London based brainwashing and the resulting cerebral atrophy .1eye.gif

Guest TPAFKATS

Looks like the mock outrage from the unionists has made them lose the ability (albeit deliberately) to discern the difference between sheets of paper and a book.

Must be the years of London based brainwashing and the resulting cerebral atrophy .1eye.gif

Aye, cooncillors are dafties isn't quite as good a headline. Comparing this to the Nazis is insulting but not surprising.

Dougie Alexanders mock outrage coming from a guy with his record of supporting illegal wars, FUD!

Aye, cooncillors are dafties isn't quite as good a headline. Comparing this to the Nazis is insulting but not surprising.

Dougie Alexanders mock outrage coming from a guy with his record of supporting illegal wars, FUD!

Noticed it was a Dundee MP who was using the comparison that only a complete f**kwit would think acceptable.

Suppose he's got nothing to lose as he'll be out on his arse once the Dundee public vote in an SNP MP in May.

The Natsi's are the gift that keeps on giving.

Anyway I wonder what their nationalist partners - The Green Party - would have said about such a wasteful act. Don't they know that recycling paper earns the council money which can then be put back into council services. :rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS

Noticed it was a Dundee MP who was using the comparison that only a complete f**kwit would think acceptable.

Suppose he's got nothing to lose as he'll be out on his arse once the Dundee public vote in an SNP MP in May.

I guess labour mp's forget they ripped up copies of the sun on stage at labour conference a few years ago. Shameful etc...

laugh.png

I know, it is actually laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. Wee diddy pretendee politicians in a duff stunt lighting a bit of paper, wishing us a happy St Andrews day, ho ho ho, then so called seasoned professional politicians acting like some hienous crime had been committed. It is utterly f**kin banal in the extreme. I deteste politicians and I resent the media for giving the bams the oxygen of publicity. I do f**kin despair sometimes.

As if I have not got enough on my plate already carrying my portable depression pack that comes with the feckin mess down at Greenhill road.

Bring on Christmas holiday.gif

I see Gideon still hasn't used the figures provide by our resident liar even after they changed the way they calculate the deficit again. 1eye.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30309552

I'm surprised you want to highlight this. It shows that despite falling oil prices the UK Government is still reducing the deficit in trying circumstances. In the meantime Holyrood's deficit continues to rise as the distance between the SNP projections of oil prices and reality continue to get ever wider. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I'm surprised you want to highlight this. It shows that despite falling oil prices the UK Government is still reducing the deficit in trying circumstances. In the meantime Holyrood's deficit continues to rise as the distance between the SNP projections of oil prices and reality continue to get ever wider. rolleyes.gif

Yeah? In the midst of him screwing disabled people he managed to find time to use their money to fund a few bombing raids in the middle east.

How did that go as an investment BTW?

Have ISIS been defeated as a result of our extravagant bombings?

Guest TPAFKATS

I'd like more details on this holyrood deficit. seriously, how much have scottish governments overspent, borrowed etc since parliament was created?

I'd like to compare with Osborne s record over last 4 years when even by his own ever changing forecasts, he's missed targets and put us more into debt.

I'd like more details on this holyrood deficit. seriously, how much have scottish governments overspent, borrowed etc since parliament was created?

I'd like to compare with Osborne s record over last 4 years when even by his own ever changing forecasts, he's missed targets and put us more into debt.

Holyrood has never run a deficit. it spends it's allowance every year or returns an underspend. Rules prevent it from borrowing money to fund other borrowing any borrowing they make must be subject to a strict repayment schedule

we will see how things go if they start to borrow money in the same way as other governments do