The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought I'd been wasting my time on here, but it turns out that despite Nationalists being slow they are not totally uneducable.

However you use the wrong word 'subsidy' to describe the Capitalist draw of London. Capitalism.

It's the Capitalist distortion of the economy that distorts the UK and impacts on all regions, not just insular, inward-looking Scotland... as I pointed out 495 pages ago (and often again, afterwards) on this very thread.

That remains the big elephant in the room that no Nationalist or Separatist offers any attempt at dealing with... and so ensures that the majority of comfortable people will not jump into the abyss.

This was made manifest in the voting patterns of the referendum. Poor people with little to lose (glasgow, dundee) vote Yes: comfy folk won't. (Inverness, Edinburgh, Orkney, Shetland, Perthshire.... I could go on....)

(I am recalling that split unsure whether I am accurate or not but confident enough to believe it to be the case).

It's NOT subsidy, Buddie. It's Capitalism. Money and scale will always win out.

shull was right. This thread is fabulous for sending people to sleep.

It's barely 7pm though!!!

Aye you do.

Apparently you're going to need us to supply you with water soon.

You can rest assured we'll make sure you pay handsomely for it.

Oh. Very humanitarian and conscience-driven of you.

Good job I never recognised you as being normal, decent and understanding.

And I, along with all the other Yessers (not necessarily Nationalists btw) know that just fine. Through historical good fortune, though, we have the means to do something about it and change that system. Unfortunately, the majority voted No.

This time.

And if it's only poor people with nothing to lose who voted for change, explain the well educated, well-off, "comfy folk" on here who also voted for change. And I include myself in that group. Surely not a principled choice?

Yup. I posted about that historical loophole a couple of hundred pages ago.... Also.

I chose my words in the recent post carefully, knowing that what I was saying wouldn't be always applicable.

Eg. I know what I might have voted.

I typed. ' majority' - and stand by that.

Fair enough, you did say majority to begin with (although your next para didn't use that qualification). Doesn't take away from the fact that the majority (that word again) of Yessers on here are "comfy folk" though, does it? And certainly doesn't explain it.

Edited for autocorrect.

Edited by salmonbuddie

Fair enough, you did say majority to begin with (although your next para didn't use that qualification). Doesn't take away from the fact that the majority (that word again) of Yessers on here are "comfy folk" though, does it? And certainly doesn't explain it.

Edited for autocorrect.

Sorry.

Can't see what you're disagreeing with.

Nor can I understand how you were able to drill down into the posters on here and somehow divine those Yes men are "comfy"...

I admit, however, that my initial post on the voting patterns used broad brush generalisations (and generally accepted) about the areas concerned...

And so suspect you're arguing just for the sake of arguing.

I'd never do that. :whistle:

This was made manifest in the voting patterns of the referendum. Poor people with little to lose (glasgow, dundee) vote Yes: comfy folk won't. (Inverness, Edinburgh, Orkney, Shetland, Perthshire.... I could go on....)

Oh my. What a pile of nonsense. Only poor people with little to lose voted yes......riiiiiiiight.

Have you even visited Scotland? lol.gif

Sorry.

Can't see what you're disagreeing with.

Nor can I understand how you were able to drill down into the posters on here and somehow divine those Yes men are "comfy"...

I admit, however, that my initial post on the voting patterns used broad brush generalisations (and generally accepted) about the areas concerned...

And so suspect you're arguing just for the sake of arguing.

I'd never do that. :whistle:

I was using the same broad brush you had already employed. The Yessers on here are generally among the more intelligent posters. More intelligent usually (broad brush time) means "comfy" through having a higher income. Ergo, Yessers on here are the "comfy folk" you speak of - works both ways......

:)

I see our snp councillors are doing all they can to embarrass Renfrewshire more by burning a copy of the smith report outside the council office. They should remember while they represent their party, they also represent their constituents, many who won't vote for their policies. Also do we all just burn whatever we don't like in the street. Petty, childish and utterly embarrassing

I see our snp councillors are doing all they can to embarrass Renfrewshire more by burning a copy of the smith report outside the council office. They should remember while they represent their party, they also represent their constituents, many who won't vote for their policies. Also do we all just burn whatever we don't like in the street. Petty, childish and utterly embarrassing

Exactly. Absolute morons.

Certainly very stupid in their roles as councillors to do such a thing. Especially in front of the council buildings.

However, I do agree with their sentiments that the Smith Report isn't worth the paper it's written on.

It's a bit like being given the latest model of a supercomputer, but without the microprocessor.