Grangemouth

shull

Phrases like pay freezes and pension cuts are always dramatic. But what about the detail? Apparently, a Grangemouth operator is on £55,000 basic per year plus shift allowance. I imagine their pension is also very generous.

That sort of salary is upper management in most walks of life and freezing it would be perfectly legitimate, indeed encouraged, especially in hard times.

I gave no sympathy at all for someone earning £55k being told their pay is being frozen.

quite...............

the cost.......................want more investment eat more noodles whistling.gif

Potential for new investment in the Refining arm of this business, so whilst it is the end for the chemicals , in the short to medium term , Refinery could ride out of this one quite well

The tragedy and irony is that the feckn union ballzed it totally , one strike so to speak , and it is now gone for the Chemicals. Salmond needs to get a buyer for that unit to save his political bacon.

I would slap a Unite union official , but the danger is that would re align a couple of their brain cells

Union Leader Pat ' The Hypocritical Prick ' Rafferty blames the Company Management for holding the Country to ransom.

This coming from a fanny who would have absolutely no qualms in calling a strike to stop tanker drivers supplying Petrol Stations.

Therefore denying many thousands of Scottish businesses with fuel which they depend on to survive.

f**kEM !

Seeing as Shull can't be trusted to keep a thread open about a topic which is quite an important issue given the amount of people who could potentially end up on the Unemployment Scrapheap I've opened this one.

Shull, if you don't like topics that end up disagreeing with your point of view maybe you shouldn't open them in the first place.

Well said, get yer freaky pal somner telt.

He he he

Phrases like pay freezes and pension cuts are always dramatic. But what about the detail? Apparently, a Grangemouth operator is on £55,000 basic per year plus shift allowance. I imagine their pension is also very generous.

That sort of salary is upper management in most walks of life and freezing it would be perfectly legitimate, indeed encouraged, especially in hard times.

I gave no sympathy at all for someone earning £55k being told their pay is being frozen.

Good points except it's the Ineos operator who is on that sort of basic salary and as a result of their vote around a thousand sub contractors will have lost their lesser paid jobs. Edited by davidg

For what reason are you banning him?

He was asked not to lock the thread and like many other good threads he did it anyway.

I know there's a loophole which allows you to do this and I don't have a problem with guys locking threads that have been ruined and are totally off topic but threads shouldn't be lock just because the op doesn't agree with an opinion or like the current latest score.

He has been asked several times not to and on this occasion I'd had enough. He ignored my warning of a ban and went for it anyway.

I agree and have requested loads of times. Don't know how easy it is for Div to do so.

He wasn't aware it could happen when it was first flagged.

No point banging this about David, I can't PM from IPod, just looks like, irrespective of what you think, someone can be banned for using something that is available?

I find closing the scores thread annoying but hardly a banning offence.