The Cricket Thread

shull

Still don't get it.

You said it was destined to be a draw after the weather claimed the first day but then say it wasn't decided before the second day started. With all the strange patter in cricket I'm not sure if you are taking the piss with "sticky dog". I suppose I could Google it but I'm not interested enough.

In my original post I said that it was destined to be a draw without the teams forfeiting an Innings each, it could always have been a sticky dog (rain affected pitch) but with that not being the case in order for one side to win the forfeit would have to be made - this would normally be agreed before the start of play on Day 2 or after Scotland's Innings.

Still don't get it.

You said it was destined to be a draw after the weather claimed the first day but then say it wasn't decided before the second day started. With all the strange patter in cricket I'm not sure if you are taking the piss with "sticky dog". I suppose I could Google it but I'm not interested enough.

Being a cricket fan I knew what a sticky dog was but I've always wondered if there's such a thing as a sticky bitch.

• 2 weeks later...

Fourth ODI between England & NZ was looking pretty even until Rashid conceded 28 runs (4 sixes + 1 four) in the 48th over.

Problem for England is who'll bowl the 50th.

Rashid - that's brave.

Great final over by Rashid - only 5 runs (1 a leg-bye) and a wicket!

NZ 349/7 off 50 Overs leaving England to make 350 at exactly 7 runs per over.

In the end England got there with six overs to spare losing only three wickets - wouldn't have called that one. FWIW I'm sure that at the end of the 48th over, where as I mentioned Rashid conceded 28 runs, England were 11/1 to win.

All set for a great decider on Saturday...................

Edited by Bud the Baker

• 3 weeks later...