Striker And Defender Needed

No whoosh. I said he had been good and bad. 4th is good, 10th is bad. 7th is OK. It's not rocket science.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Aye, whatever, left them in 3rd, ,don't forget that in your summary. bye1.gif

PS I'd like it on the record that I touted him for us before Gus was given the bullet, ask Bluto, we discussed it to death.

Edited by faraway saint

Was it ? Having known exactly what he was bringing in (I hope) , it was down to the manager to successfully integrate his style into the team. Epic fail I'm afraid !

A bit unfair, billy. The ball is always in the player's court, the manager has tried to mould him and now he is on his way for failing to come into line. it's not the first time a player has promised to follow the line then reneged on his part of the deal and it wont be the last

A bit unfair, billy. The ball is always in the player's court, the manager has tried to mould him and now he is on his way for failing to come into line. it's not the first time a player has promised to follow the line then reneged on his part of the deal and it wont be the last

Didn't try to mould him for long Chris , Danny gave up the ghost just over 4 months after his first appearance , in fact , he more or less binned him 6 weeks in. Danny knew what he was getting , surely ? Yet part of me says Danny really hasn't a clue when it comes down to evaluating a player's likely contribution to the team !

Do you mean the one youth player that we've released that might just go onto better things?

C'est la vie.

Come off it , Thomas Reilly's only on the payroll because he scored at Motherwell , he'll never cut it at this level. Too many mistakes being made in both the signing of first team players and the early release of potential.

What makes you think that we have players lined up. We had a summer clear out and didn't replace them. Now we're clearing out all the players we did bring in during the suDo you really thi

What makes you think that we have players lined up. We had a summer clear out and didn't replace them. Now we're clearing out all the players we did bring in during the summer

Do you really think that no one else will be brought in ,what if Gowzer gets jailed .

What makes you think that we have players lined up. We had a summer clear out and didn't replace them. Now we're clearing out all the players we did bring in during the summer

You've got me on that one mate. we didn't replace any but the one's who came in........ Who did they replace then?

Come off it , Thomas Reilly's only on the payroll because he scored at Motherwell , he'll never cut it at this level. Too many mistakes being made in both the signing of first team players and the early release of potential. I'm talking about players that we've released.

As you're well aware, I'm talking about released youth players.

Sure we've kept some youth players that we should've released and Reilly may well fall into that category. Although Sir.Thommo seemed to think that Reilly was a superb prospect about a year ago. Seems even the best might be wrong.

I challenge you to name me one youth player we've let go, Slater apart (and it would seem even he asked to go), that have gone on to better things.

I remember some extreme knicker wetting with regard to some youth players being released in the past.

Where are they now?

Anyway, as everybody knows this not about youth players and is all about our current manager.

As stated elsewhere, I have doubts about his ability. I respect your views also and agree with some of them. However, why not give the constant criticism, veiled or not, a rest, as we've all heard it before with McPherson and it's a bit like Groundhog Day.

Why not concentrate on the positives within the club?

Whatever will happen with DL will happen. It really isn't worth the amount of ire that you seem to direct towards him and it's f**king boring.

As you're well aware, I'm talking about released youth players.

Sure we've kept some youth players that we should've released and Reilly may well fall into that category. Although Sir.Thommo seemed to think that Reilly was a superb prospect about a year ago. Seems even the best might be wrong.

I challenge you to name me one youth player we've let go, Slater apart (and it would seem even he asked to go), that have gone on to better things.

I remember some extreme knicker wetting with regard to some youth players being released in the past.

Where are they now?

Anyway, as everybody knows this not about youth players and is all about our current manager.

As stated elsewhere, I have doubts about his ability. I respect your views also and agree with some of them. However, why not give the constant criticism, veiled or not, a rest, as we've all heard it before with McPherson and it's a bit like Groundhog Day.

Why not concentrate on the positives within the club?

Whatever will happen with DL will happen. It really isn't worth the amount of ire that you seem to direct towards him and it's f**king boring.

So f**king boring that you respond with three paragraphs (at least) ? 1eye.gif

Give it a rest !

The reasons for wanting change are different , so it's not groundhog day. eg Gus was a wee rat , and Danny's a nice wee guy , too nice though , and lacking a bit !

You've got me on that one mate. we didn't replace any but the one's who came in........ Who did they replace then?

We lost or let go Imrie, Isma, Parkin, Guy, Dummet, Samson and told Lee Mair he wasn't wanted. The players we brought in did not cover the amount that we let go and none of them were first team regulars.

Not a given that we will bring in players to replace players that weren't getting a game.

ETA Newton also didn't come in till late on we started the season without any guarantee he would be back.

Edited by Kendo

If we want to make top 6 we have to sign players. The central defence is not strong enough and there is no cover in the striker department even with cambell coming in!

If McGowan does go down who will play his position with Harkins leaving?

The board could also think no more players coming in hearts are down anyway. Danny lennons contract is up at end of the season so extra money could be made available to a new manager?

If we want to make top 6 we have to sign players. The central defence is not strong enough and there is no cover in the striker department even with cambell coming in!

The board could also think no more players coming in hearts are down anyway. Danny lennons contract is up at end of the season so extra money could be made available to a new manager?

The Board know there is an extra place which could end in relegation and, with Hearts and Rangers in the second tier and quite a few nearly teams, a very difficult league to get back up from.

Whether DL stays or goes is neither here nor there as far as this season goes.

We're only 6 points from the relegation play off position! Ross county are picking up form at the time we're losing it. Have seen it all before where we have a false sense of security and end up in trouble, even last year with a very poor Dundee team nearly ended in unnecessary disaster. Get the signing made and put relegation to bed. Looks like hibs will push on and get top 6 as we're no way consistent enough. As soon as we win a few we start relaxing then lose. That's why we'll always be in the bottom 6!