Telly Programmes

shull

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They (in this case a producer called Oliver Parker thumbdown.gif ) are in the process of maling a fillum vresion of Dad's Army. It boasts an impressive cast including Bill Nighy, Michael Gambon, Toby Jones, Mark Gatiss, Daniel Mays, Tom Courtenay, Bill Paterson and Blake Harrison (who unbeknownst to me starred in The Inbetweeners to play Pike), but what worries me is that in the IMDB page top billing goes to Catherine Zeta-Jones so it doesn't seem to me that the spirit of the original series is going to be maintained. My worry is that the writers will end up forcing 21st century values and opinions into charachters from the first half of the 20th century.

I'm fairly miffed and sure that with a bit of effort I could propel myself into a rage and an online meltdown - Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!boxing.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

They (in this case a producer called Oliver Parker thumbdown.gif ) is in the process of maling a fillum vresion of Dad's Army. It boasts an impressive cast including Bill Nighy, Michael Gambon, Toby Jones, Mark Gatiss, Daniel Mays, Tom Courtenay, Bill Paterson and Blake Harrison (who unbeknownst to me starred in The Inbetweeners to play Pike), but what worries me is that in the IMDB page top billing goes to Catherine Zeta-Jones so it doesn't seem to me that the spirit of the original series is going to be maintained. My worry is that the writers will end up forcing 21st century values and opinions into charachters from the first half of the 20th century.

I'm fairly miffed and sure that with a bit of effort I could propel myself into a rage and an online meltdown - Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!boxing.gif

It's doomed.