Telly Programmes

shull

I don't watch much TV apart from sport and tend to watch even less at Christmas and the New Year. All I remember watching this year was The Rock.with our Sir Sean. Rubbish but kinda watchable rubbish. I'll watch Only An Excuse and the Still Game thing on iPlayer. My son bought my daughter the Sherlock DVD's and I've got to admit I got hooked. When it was on Telly live I declared in my curmudgeonly way that it was rubbish. I read all the books when I was a boy and I just couldn't see how they could spoil it by bringing it into the 21st.century. Couldn't see Cumberbatch as Sherlock and certainly not Watson being played by Bilbo Baggins! I was wrong and I'm can't wait for the new series. Just loved it to bits.

If ye treat Corrie like a comedy, as I have done since starting watching it again a few years back, its fookin fab!

Sad but true.

Tonight for those who just 'dropped in' yes it was a 'freak show '

Normally however , it's a great programme :)

Good laugh , good humour.

Steve McDonald is my favourite character , I like it when Eileen are in the taxi office having banter.

Sorry , but a worthwhile watch , usually.

Sad but true.

Tonight for those who just 'dropped in' yes it was a 'freak show '

Normally however , it's a great programme smile.png

Good laugh , good humour.

Steve McDonald is my favourite character , I like it when Eileen are in the taxi office having banter.

Sorry , but a worthwhile watch , usually.

Spot on!

Tonight was great - who wants a regular wedding when ye can have Adam Ant and Madonna for crying out loud!

I LOVE Steve MacDonald - that's primarily why I watch it, tho he isn't in a good place right now BUT at his usual - hilarious - facial expressions top class and aye him and Eileen. Some sitcoms can't pull off the chemistry that Steve and Eileen have!

Angry, White and Proud, channel 4, a frightening insight into a growing group who are nothing but thugs looking for a reason to act like thugs. thumbdown.gif

Not a lot of hair or brains on show. 1eye.gif

Thought you wid be on the low Inflation Thread whistling.gif

New sitcom started on C4 on Monday night.

10.30 Catastrophe

With Sharon Horgan and Rob Delaney

and also written by them.

I loved the opening episode and I'll tune in again.

Very funny. Witty dialogue, intriguing relationship, adult, realistic.

Set mostly, so far, in the Uk.

eta:

Just found this Grauniad Review of it.

Happily it describes what I like about it better, and more long-winded than me. smile.png

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/jan/20/catastrophe-review-sharon-horgan-rob-delaney-channel-4

Read the review of that first episode. You'll then want to watch Catastrophe. Sharp and slick.

Edited by bluto