Telly Programmes

shull

• 4 weeks later...

Charles Endell Esquire on STV Glasgow tonight, 1979 Glasgow patter was brilliant , ' that barlinie gies me the heebie geebies'

Remember the haddows advert, ' a half bottle of bells and four cans of tennants , and don't forget the change'

I,m sure he did an advert for matches?

Yeah I saw that too, a pleasure to watch - a tittie bum bum, a tittie bum bum...............whistling.gif

Charles Endell Esquire on STV Glasgow tonight, 1979 Glasgow patter was brilliant , ' that barlinie gies me the heebie geebies'

Remember the haddows advert, ' a half bottle of bells and four cans of tennants , and don't forget the change'

I,m sure he did an advert for matches?

Can I get that on STV player down here in England ?

• 2 weeks later...

I think he IS The Invisible Man, cos I've been looking out for him all morning in London and he is nowhere to be seen. :(

To be honest, I think I'm maybe past it as a forward...

And anyway, I'm off to to Lanzarote for a fortnight...

Enjoy your holiday :)

Rest assured I will look out for Tommy in Yorkshire , I'm in Otley and Leeds today so will update if he passes through.

• 2 weeks later...

Series 3 of Utopia cancelled! death.gifkenshin2.gif

In spite of near universal critical acclaim, a strong cult following and a planned US remake from David Fincher, Utopia has been axed by Channel 4.

The sci-fi drama only saw two series, debuting in January 2013 and concluding this summer.

Channel 4 said it was sad to see the show go, but needed to make room for new commissions (you couldn't just bump off Deal or No Deal?)

"Utopia is truly channel-defining: strikingly original, powered by Dennis Kelly's extraordinary voice and brought to life in all its technicolor glory through Marc Munden's undeniable creative flair and vision, the team at Kudos delivered a series which has achieved fervent cult status over two brilliantly warped and nail-biting series," a C4 spokesperson told Den of Geek.

"It also has the honour of ensuring audiences will never look at a spoon in the same way again. It's always painful to say goodbye to shows we love, but it's a necessary part of being able to commission new drama, a raft of which are launching on the channel throughout 2015."

Showrunner Dennis Kelly had plans for a third and fourth series, but despite the reverence for it the show struggled with ratings.

Fans of the series will at least be able to enjoy the upcoming US remake from HBO, which is in the safe hands of Fight Club director David Fincher and Gone Girl writer Gillian Flynn.

It's still possible the show could return one day, after all, fellow sci-fi series Twin Peaks was resurrected after 25 years this week.

Re the US remake these are very hit & miss - Being Human is unwatchable whereas I liked Life on Mars despite it being axed early due to poor viewing figures.

Oh and yes I never knew you could do that with a spoon! spudnikhurler.gif

Series 3 of Utopia cancelled! death.gifkenshin2.gif

Re the US remake these are very hit & miss - Being Human is unwatchable whereas I liked Life on Mars despite it being axed early due to poor viewing figures.

Oh and yes I never knew you could do that with a spoon! spudnikhurler.gif

Strange how taste vary. The first series of Being Human USA was, for me, far more entertaining than its British counterpart.

^ Me too, too English, but you have to hand it to him. Wrote Gavin and Stacy which grew on me, particularly the dialogue and characterisation.

He is also taking over the huge Jay Leno USA chat show slot from Craig Ferguson in new year. Another guy who has done very well for himself, especially as he is from Greenock........

^ Me too, too English, but you have to hand it to him. Wrote Gavin and Stacy which grew on me, particularly the dialogue and characterisation.

He is also taking over the huge Jay Leno USA chat show slot from Craig Ferguson in new year. Another guy who has done very well for himself, especially as he is from Greenock........

Naw hes no ! Ferguson is a weegie !