Telly Programmes

shull

New sitcom started on C4 on Monday night.

10.30 Catastrophe

With Sharon Horgan and Rob Delaney

and also written by them.

I loved the opening episode and I'll tune in again.

Very funny. Witty dialogue, intriguing relationship, adult, realistic.

Set mostly, so far, in the Uk.

eta:

Just found this Grauniad Review of it.

Happily it describes what I like about it better, and more long-winded than me. smile.png

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/jan/20/catastrophe-review-sharon-horgan-rob-delaney-channel-4

Read the review of that first episode. You'll then want to watch Catastrophe. Sharp and slick.

So that's why C4 dropped Utopia - to please you! boxing.gif

We don't need witty & realistic, what we need is ultra-violence at lot's of it! death.gif

I'm so mad I'm not even gonna type it in Klingon! online2long.gif

Been strangely amused by Count Arthur Strong ...on tonight (Tues). Hadn't heard of him and caught the first one by accident and thought his writing a racist (sorry racy) novel for the over 70's was funny ..."She gasped as he pressed the go button on her Stannah stairlift"...and also breaking in to someone's house and then when disturbed staying to watch the film from behind the curtains because he'd been wanting to see it.

....then last week the writing was excellent again working a mix up where him and a guy waiting for a flying lesson both assumed the other to be the instructor and got airborne.
Not everyone's cuppa... wouldn't have thought it was mine but was worthy of a 30 min dabble. Father Ted writer I gather

Been strangely amused by c**t Arthur Strong ...

Not everyone's cuppa... wouldn't have thought it was mine but was worthy of a 30 min dabble. Father Ted writer I gather

Certainly NOT mine.

The only thing on Radio 4 that I TURN OFF.

A shite mix of Harry Worth, Stanley Unwin and anyone else you can think of who is shite.

Sorry, WS.

I couldnae bellieve it got a second radio series. When it got to tv, I knew it couldn't compete with such absolute classics as Mrs Brown's Shite...

At least I won't have to use my wireless off switch, again. I hope.

ETA: As you say, Graham Linehan was brought on board for the tv bash at it. I used to like his stuff...... wullnae be watching.

Hmmm. I'm starting to sound like shull.... worrying.

Edited by bluto

Certainly NOT mine.

The only thing on Radio 4 that I TURN OFF.

A shite mix of Harry Worth, Stanley Unwin and anyone else you can think of who is shite.

Sorry, WS.

I couldnae bellieve it got a second radio series. When it got to tv, I knew it couldn't compete with such absolute classics as Mrs Brown's Shite...

At least I won't have to use my wireless off switch, again. I hope.

ETA: As you say, Graham Linehan was brought on board for the tv bash at it. I used to like his stuff...... wullnae be watching.

Hmmm. I'm starting to sound like shull.... worrying.

Gasp, slagging off Count Arthur?

Agree TV shows are a bit hit and miss but originals on Radio 4 are fantastic.

Get listening.

ETA: Love Stanley Unwin.

Edited by Gordon Urquhart

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just watched the ever lovely Jean Simmons in an episode of Star Trek: TNG..............

Meanwhile a mornings surfing IMDB has informed me the a US remake of Mad Dogs has begun (why?) and Philip K. Dick's alternative timeline novel The Man In The High Castle is being made (I'm worried about the treatment of a favourite novel that I will feel obliged to watch - well at least 2 or 3 episodes). Both programs were produced and initially screened on Amazon Prime before being commissioned for full series. As I don't yet own a mobile phone I guess it'll be a while before I see either show..........spudnikconfounded.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

New sitcom started on C4 on Monday night.

10.30 Catastrophe

With Sharon Horgan and Rob Delaney

and also written by them.

I loved the opening episode and I'll tune in again.

Very funny. Witty dialogue, intriguing relationship, adult, realistic.

Set mostly, so far, in the Uk.

eta:

Just found this Grauniad Review of it.

Happily it describes what I like about it better, and more long-winded than me. smile.png

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/jan/20/catastrophe-review-sharon-horgan-rob-delaney-channel-4

Read the review of that first episode. You'll then want to watch Catastrophe. Sharp and slick.

Catastrophe still has funny, zingy lines and several utterly bizarre and enjoyable characters but this is much more of a relationship drama than a simple sit-com.

I'm still keeping with it.. when I remember to go on 4OD. :unsure:

Oh and the SyFy Channel are showing the Josh Wheedon's cruelly truncated series Firefly in it's entirety on Saturday 14th March! alien3.gif

From 11am till 2am on Sunday morning you can watch the 2 hour pilot plus the 13 regular episodes made before the show was cancelled! death.gif

Really there's no need to even get dressed that day - just make sure you're well stocked with snackables.........................

Edited by Bud the Baker

Footsteps in the Fog about to start on Fim4+1..........

Despite being filmed in colour at Shepperton Studios in England this is a nifty little noir fillum starring (the ever lovely) Jean Simmons icon12.gif and her then husband Stewart Granger, won't spoil anything by giving away the plot but it's well worth a watch. nerd.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

Benefits: Too fat to work Channel Five

Saw a 32 stone guy who hasn't worked for 11 years getting his arse washed on tv, this

creature gets disability living allowance and a mobility scooter, his wife is a nimble

22 stone so is elf like in comparison, we got to enjoy these hippos enjoying large

kebabs on their once a fortnight 'pay day' this is when the state compensates them

for being disgusting obese gutbuckets.

Hate tv at its best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...