Ian Ferguson

BAWZ

I'm sure he is interested. There will be literally hundreds of managers in and out of work who will be interested in managing us.

We are a tremendous club for any manager to work at. We have no debt, our own stadium and our own state of the art training facility and are located in the central belt.

We will have our pick of many in the summer when Danny leaves. Right now I'd go for Iain Murray, what a tremendous job he has done with Dumbarton.

Murray has done a good job so far but think he's a bit young and inexperienced for us.

Murray has done a good job so far but think he's a bit young and inexperienced for us.

Well we have two options. We could go for the experienced head. I think guys like Levein and Houston would be very interested, maybe even Coyle would be.

Or we could go down the young and inexperienced route, as we have always tended to do: Lennon, McPherson, Coughlin, Hendrie this BoD have never appointed a manager with top flight experience.

Murray took over Dumbarton last season when they were cut adrift at the bottom of the league. He kept them up and he's really kicked them on this season. Despite being a part time team they are battling manfully with several full time teams for the 4th play off spot in the Championship, oh, and they're in the quarter finals of the cup too.

He has more relevant managerial experience than either Lennon or McPherson had when they were appointed, and I'd like to see us go for an up and comer as opposed to an old head. He will cost far less than a Levein or a Houston and he may even make us some money in compensation if he does well with us and moves on.

Would love to see Thomo as our manager he is all there and a bit more as well as playing at the highest level. Always under the impression attacking players make for better managers just my view of course. As for Fergie I'm sure he would jump at the chance to be manager of the Buddies but no thank you. Murray needs more time in the lower leagues to develop as a manager.

If the board do choose to replace Danny then I hope they show some ambition and get an established manager with a bit of a pedigree. Would be hard to argue against that sort of logic.

Promotion from the lower leagues does not breed instant success. Look at Archibald and Johnston this season, Barry Smith, Jim McIntyre and even Danny himself in the past. All struggled in their first season.

If that's the route we are going, then I'd be very concerned.

Regardless, I hope we finish strongly and Danny earns himself a new deal.

Edited by NeilPar72

Well we have two options. We could go for the experienced head. I think guys like Levein and Houston would be very interested, maybe even Coyle would be.

Or we could go down the young and inexperienced route, as we have always tended to do: Lennon, McPherson, Coughlin, Hendrie this BoD have never appointed a manager with top flight experience.

Murray took over Dumbarton last season when they were cut adrift at the bottom of the league. He kept them up and he's really kicked them on this season. Despite being a part time team they are battling manfully with several full time teams for the 4th play off spot in the Championship, oh, and they're in the quarter finals of the cup too.

He has more relevant managerial experience than either Lennon or McPherson had when they were appointed, and I'd like to see us go for an up and comer as opposed to an old head. He will cost far less than a Levein or a Houston and he may even make us some money in compensation if he does well with us and moves on.

I haven't really thought about who I would to come in place, but like I said I think Murray is a bit young. We will have players in the squad older than him!

I would like us to think out the box. I think we won't be struggling for interest.

You may not like Danny as a manager, but labelling him a punk?

That is a bit low

FFS read the post I replied to. Faraway have you got to put like to every post when someone is defending Danny Lennon. As for liking Danny I don't even know him, but as a manager I don't. Hope that helps?

I haven't really thought about who I would to come in place, but like I said I think Murray is a bit young. We will have players in the squad older than him!

I would like us to think out the box. I think we won't be struggling for interest.

Di Canio or Pardew..? (They're both oot their boxes)

Either would take the heat off Goodyclap.gif

Edited by Lord Pityme

FFS read the post I replied to. Faraway have you got to put like to every post when someone is defending Danny Lennon. As for liking Danny I don't even know him, but as a manager I don't. Hope that helps?

What is it to you if I "like" a post? blink.png

Can I not choose my own "likes"? blink.png

Jesus, I'm busting for shite, can you hurry up and tell me if I can go..........................rip.gif