How Would You Vote At The Board Meeting On Danny's New Contract?

How would you vote at the Board Meeting?  

192 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We had a few polls earlier in the season on this, most of which came out in favour of a change.

But things have changed, form has picked up recently and we have secured another season of Premiership football.

But is it enough, over the last four years has club been moving in the right direction? And far enough for Danny to merit a new contract?

Or is it time for a change? Give someone else a go at pushing the club into th top 6?

So, if you were at the Board Meeting today on the future of the club and had a vote, what would it be?

Edited by ds10

Yes we can..I don't think that that's really an option for the Board today...has to go one way or the other I think.

Aye, it was a wee bit tongue in cheek, but on the mobile site I couldn't add a smiley.

To be honest, I probably am undecided - really struggling with this one now.

I'm perhaps 55% weighted towards him staying, but that's hardly a ringing endorsement, so maybe, deep down, in the darkest recesses of my psyche, i know it is time for a change.

Edited by Drew

I'd want to bring him before the board, before they discuss his future, to hear what his view on the targets for next season were, what his learnings from this season were, what he expects from the club in terms of squad size, his plans for youth development i.e. who is ready to step up, who he would want retained.

Probably loads more I'd like answered. Basically I'd like the board to treat it like a cross between interview and performance appraisal. Once that's done I'd be in a better position to make a decision.

For me at this moment in time I find it difficult to identify another candidate that isn't a big gamble or would jar with the board's approach.

Stay. I think the board have let Lennon down this season anyway. They created all the uncertainty off the pitch and in many respects they've undermined him by not giving him a new contract earlier in the season. Lennon's record this season will show that results have remained consistent despite the fact that he's brought in kids like McGinn, Kelly and Naismith. St Mirren are safe, still on for a possible 7th place, and while I don't think that is an achievement, who do St Mirren think they are going to bring in who is going to be any better?

I'd want to bring him before the board, before they discuss his future, to hear what his view on the targets for next season were, what his learnings from this season were, what he expects from the club in terms of squad size, his plans for youth development i.e. who is ready to step up, who he would want retained.

Probably loads more I'd like answered. Basically I'd like the board to treat it like a cross between interview and performance appraisal. Once that's done I'd be in a better position to make a decision.

For me at this moment in time I find it difficult to identify another candidate that isn't a big gamble or would jar with the board's approach.

Agreed completely. I assume that the Board will have already done this in advance of the meeting and will have more information (than I have at least) on which to base their decision.

Stay. I think the board have let Lennon down this season anyway. They created all the uncertainty off the pitch and in many respects they've undermined him by not giving him a new contract earlier in the season. Lennon's record this season will show that results have remained consistent despite the fact that he's brought in kids like McGinn, Kelly and Naismith. St Mirren are safe, still on for a possible 7th place, and while I don't think that is an achievement, who do St Mirren think they are going to bring in who is going to be any better?

Fair points, Stuart (BTW, I clocked you in the away support last night....)

Edited by Drew

Well my position on this matter is clear.

Time for a change. The euphoria of staying up is masking the fact that the season was dire, we were miles away from the top six finish, the football was mostly urine and I cannot see us improving without major change.

That said Daniel Lennon and the team have done well over the past month but that aside I am afraid we have been found somewhat "wanting".

If Daniel does stay then of course I will support him but I really would like us to try something fresh. The season was absolutely pantaloons, pantaloons with a yellow stain at tht the crotch!

I'm not sure either way, it's a difficult decision. For every good thing he does, he tends to make it void through his own fault.

He has indeed held up "his end of the bargain" - his remit was to keep us up, he's done that BUT I believe he has assembled a squad of players that would be capable of finishing much higher in the table and that, in a way, makes him a victim of his own success. His remit should be consistency and continual progression, we haven't achieved that.

He's given the likes of McGinn, McLean, Kelly & Naismith a platform to go out and showcase their ability at the highest level in Scotland. None of those players have let him down and he deserves huge credit for that BUT through his own signings ie. Harkins, Grainger, Caprice, Bahoken, Djemba-Djemba, Campbell (and that's just from this season), he's wasted a lot of money.

He's won us our first trophy since 1987 BUT followed it up with cup defeats to lower division clubs and horrible league form.

He will probably achieve a decent league finish (8th?) this season BUT that masks a season that has been a major disappointment the rest of the time.

Again, I can't make up my mind and will leave it to the board. I think the board will let him go and cite his 28% win record and wish him all the best.

Whoever is in charge next season is going to have a massive rebuilding job on their hands; Thommo's on his last legs, McLean will probably leave, the defence has been needing a shake up for years.

Either way, Danny has been a breath of fresh air at our club. Would it be best to part company now with him being a club legend or let it go stale a la MacPherson? F'ck me, it really is a rollercoaster supporting this club and I love it.

Edited by Murray7

Who do St Mirren think they are going to bring in who is going to be any better?

This is a good point and I don't really see any great potential candidates out there.

At the same time though if the question's turned around

If we had someone other than Danny as manager, is it likely the team would have played any worse?

I think the answer to that would have to be no, so it may be time to give someone else a go.

Has to be sayonara to Mr Lennon, but not confident the board will chose a good successor, given their track record. I actually thought Lennons win record would be even worse than 28%, it certainly has been at the games I have attended, more like 10%.

Has to be sayonara to Mr Lennon, but not confident the board will chose a good successor, given their track record. I actually thought Lennons win record would be even worse than 28%, it certainly has been at the games I have attended, more like 10%.

In that case, if you agree to stay away from the games and we will be alright

Surely a competent and committed board would have been in regular contact all through the season and wouldn't need to put anyone through such a process. i wonder how happy you would be if the same approach was taken regarding your own employment

I would imagine the BoD will be more concerned with the deal to sell the club!

Its the new owners who will decide who the manager is!

What new owners? Unless they are to be in place within the next two weeks, the current BoD will make the decision, as they cannot afford for the close/pre-season to get underway without a manager in place (unless they consider the car crash option of letting someone from within the club 'act-up' on a temporary basis).