Transfer Window Summer 2014

shull

Fantastic deal for United and Gauld - hopefully Gauld can improve and become a great player for Scotland.

At the same age John McGinn was a major part in St Mirren winning the League Cup. Gauld has won nothing in the game aside from some media praise.

If John could add some more goals to his game this season, then perhaps we could sell him on for a decent amount.

That has to be the way forward for a club the size of ours.

Gauld is clearly the superior player and has shone in what is basically a better team. Food for thought for those that say St Mirren should have done better last year with the squad we had. Players are moving on from teams above us on very good deals whilst our better players are seemingly only rated in the low 6 figures. Reality check required, the recent offer we had from Sheffield may well prove to be the best we will get.

As said before, if our players dont work more on their physical attributes then they are simply proving why they are not already at better clubs

Gauld is clearly the superior player and has shone in what is basically a better team. Food for thought for those that say St Mirren should have done better last year with the squad we had. Players are moving on from teams above us on very good deals whilst our better players are seemingly only rated in the low 6 figures. Reality check required, the recent offer we had from Sheffield may well prove to be the best we will get.

As said before, if our players dont work more on their physical attributes then they are simply proving why they are not already at better clubs

Ryan Gauld is 5'6'' tall and hardly a muscle bound giant. He just seems to be a gifted boy who works at his game and uses his skill. We don't need eleven huge guys lumbering round the park. Nobody does.

Ryan Gauld is 5'6'' tall and hardly a muscle bound giant. He just seems to be a gifted boy who works at his game and uses his skill. We don't need eleven huge guys lumbering round the park. Nobody does.

I dont understand the attempt to attach additional meaning to my post. Our young players are highly rated by our support but not, it seems, by anyone else. Anyone who watched our young players in the recent international with Holland will see how much of a men v boys contest it was. Working on your physical attributes does not necessarily mean body building and i dont see where i inferred that it might.

I dont understand the attempt to attach additional meaning to my post. Our young players are highly rated by our support but not, it seems, by anyone else. Anyone who watched our young players in the recent international with Holland will see how much of a men v boys contest it was. Working on your physical attributes does not necessarily mean body building and i dont see where i inferred that it might.

What did you mean by physical attributes then? I interpreted the post in exactly the same way as Rick.

I've just seen Madball's reply and I was about to ask the same question. Over the years different training regimes have come and gone and I well remember when it was deemed wise to build up muscle. That sometimes worked but just as often led to muscle-bound players who were never as quick and nimble as they were before. I wonder what Messi's training schedule is. It seems to work.

What did you mean by physical attributes then? I interpreted the post in exactly the same way as Rick.

The bit in bold-you won't get many people admitting to THAT.

I mean of course, eye colour, hair colour, the presence of freckles and athletes foot. With maybe a wee emphasis on pace, stamina, strength on the ball and other stuff. all things that can only be improved by work and all things that several, not all, of our players have room for improvement in.

Are you casting your net over the eleven players on park or just our two.

Got a couple of hospitality tickets yesterday at a Charity event yesterday for a Dumbarton game this season.

Looking forward to it

Nice one Aber :-)

SHULL.............can you organise a taxi? (Hospitality of course!!!) :-)

Nice one Aber :-)

SHULL.............can you organise a taxi? (Hospitality of course!!!) :-)

Aye.

Fare and a half there and back.

With hospitality that will be 3 hours waiting time also.

Thanks for asking.

Edited by shull

Now he was shaping up ok last season.

Strong, quick and feckin hard to knock off the ball. Would have been an excellent signing for us.

For a big guy, he was pretty poor in the air, his first touch was suspect, and his positional sense lacking.

I also never got the sense that he was a natural goal-scorer (whatever that is).

Nah, I thought he was a bit shite, to be brutally honest.

Now he was shaping up ok last season.

Strong, quick and feckin hard to knock off the ball. Would have been an excellent signing for us.

He was better than Bahoken and Bunnet-Bunnet, but worse, far worse, than (for example) Gareth Wardlaw. Gareth Wardlaw scored a vital goal at Aberdeen, tried his hardest, and contributed far more to the St Mirren cause, despite being unlucky with an injury, than that big useless feckin' lump of wood Magennis did.

Edited by pozbaird

For a big guy, he was pretty poor in the air, his first touch was suspect, and his positional sense lacking.

I also never got the sense that he was a natural goal-scorer (whatever that is).

Nah, I thought he was a bit shite, to be brutally honest.

Of course you know he'll score against us every time we play them