The Future`s Bright !

No 'course not. We've got no facilities of our own.

I was simply questioning on what basis St Mirren was deemed third best in the country. If it's in terms of facilities then that's fine. If it was in terms of results though that's got to be questionable. For that St Mirren would be behind the likes of Dundee United, Hamilton Accies and Falkirk amongst others right now and there would be a good case to put them behind many juvenile clubs too like the one I highlighted in my post - at Hutchison Vale, Tynecastle Boys Club, Mill United and at Harmony Row where despite lacking the resources being thrown at the Pro Youth system those clubs continue to produce extensive lists of players who make it as professional footballers, many even featuring in the full Scottish International Squad.

I've said many times that I'm not a fan at all of the current youth set up within Senior Scottish Football clubs. St Mirren's may well be improving and the PR around the club on this issue certainly looks strong, but in terms of value for money in terms of what has been spent, to what has been returned through the sale of players to clubs at a higher level the results still look poor.

Absolutely spot on

Let's see more wingers and full backs dribbling the opposition byeline before crossing the ball in.

Not running 2 yards, stopping then passing back to defender who passes it to goalie then back to defender then over to other full back then goalie then defender then midfielder again then goalie then defender who loses possession.

f**king snoozefest.

Attack using pass , dribble and cross please.

errr.... thats tippy tappy shite yir talking aboot right there..!

the only caveat is that you don't cross/dribble/pass unless there's someone/something at the end of it.

errr.... thats tippy tappy shite yir talking aboot right there..!

the only caveat is that you don't cross/dribble/pass unless there's someone/something at the end of it.

It must be love ....

Anyway, i'm sure after a quick dribble and forward pass, a cross from the byeline will be met by a Dougie Somner type who will bury it in the net.

Result !

I mean anyone who comes on here solely to rubbish st mirren players who can actually play football!

Ffs these lads aren't pro's yet but they get pelters for having the ability and nouse to play teams off the park.

Only in paisley and st mirren could the support actually be attacking our most valuable assets before they've actually played first team football.

f**k 'em U20's and Youth teams...... Keep playing the right way and sticking it to your detractors.

Sounds like you again Shull.

Must be nice to popularlol.gif

Zero transfer fees after a decade. Longwell must go.

we need an ex pro in charge. Longwell cant attract players and his wee boy coaches r useless.

our youth system is a joke

doesn't mean its not producing, who would you suggest we get in? Some hoofball merchant who undoes all the hard work Longwell and his coaches have done in producing these players. its not his fault we don't get transfer fees its the fact players are going for free and we don't even get development fees just wait till mcginn and mclean and both kelly and naismith are wanted by teams willing to pay. then you will see the benefit of a good youth system and its not all just about transfer fees either its about having players in the first team and wee have 5 and we are darn lucky to have the ones we do.

Aye Hinge & Bracket trying to get a rise out of anyone other than themselves... some things never change.

I bet everyone thinks your posts are so funny? I mean why wouldn't they FFS???

At least most buddies on the Forum try to be lighthearted.

doesn't mean its not producing, who would you suggest we get in? Some hoofball merchant who undoes all the hard work Longwell and his coaches have done in producing these players. its not his fault we don't get transfer fees its the fact players are going for free and we don't even get development fees just wait till mcginn and mclean and both kelly and naismith are wanted by teams willing to pay. then you will see the benefit of a good youth system and its not all just about transfer fees either its about having players in the first team and wee have 5 and we are darn lucky to have the ones we do.

How many of those boys who have gone for free are playing in the English Premiership today, or abroad, or feature in our full Scotland squad? How many have moved on for free, impressed at their new club and now play at a higher level? As for McLean, he's just had a whole summer where clubs interested in him could have got him for free and yet he's back at St Mirren and he's meant to be the best the club have produced.

BTW I'm not criticising David Longwell - I don't know him well enough to do that and he's certainly never put my nose out of joint like Drew was suggesting earlier. Indeed the only time I ever dealt with David I thought he made a great deal of sense and that he was a pleasure to talk to. But there is something wrong whether it's down to the scouting network, whether it's down to the coaches, or whether there is some other influencing factor the Academy should have been producing better results than it has done to date.

This thread started with a proud boast about how St Mirren had the third best academy facilities in Scotland - that's great - but why are Hamilton Accies, Falkirk, Dundee United, Livingston, and Airdrie producing more in sell-able assets? Why are Hutchison Vale and Mill United more likely to produce Scotland Internationalists?

Edited by Stuart Dickson

How many of those boys who have gone for free are playing in the English Premiership today, or abroad, or feature in our full Scotland squad? How many have moved on for free, impressed at their new club and now play at a higher level?

BTW I'm not criticising David Longwell - I don't know him well enough to do that and he's certainly never put my nose out of joint like Drew was suggesting earlier. Indeed the only time I ever dealt with David I thought he made a great deal of sense and that he was a pleasure to talk to. But there is something wrong whether it's down to the scouting network, whether it's down to the coaches, or whether there is some other influencing factor the Academy should have been producing better results than it has done to date.

This thread started with a proud boast about how St Mirren had the third best academy facilities in Scotland - that's great - but why are Hamilton Accies, Falkirk, Dundee United, Livingston, and Airdrie producing more in sell-able assets? Why are Hutchison Vale and Mill United more likely to produce Scotland Internationalists?

and why are still polluting this site with your negative posts?