The Future`s Bright !

Let's just celebrate how outsiders value the great work our Academy ,sponsored by SMISA , are doing week in week out ,night after night .

Our coaches are doing an amazing job with these kids, this is our future and we should be proud of our 5star beating

Most goals come from regains of possession in the last third.

reference Argentina v Belgium for a classic example. Goals rarely come from possession play against organised defences.

we should be teaching kids to get the ball into attacking areas as quickly and as often as possible and then to win possession. Flair players and attackers can then do the business.

teaching possession play is a backward step. Its also boring.

shull has got it right.

If YOU was running the roost I bet your beloved wishaw would have a 10 star rating.

No 'course not. We've got no facilities of our own.

I was simply questioning on what basis St Mirren was deemed third best in the country. If it's in terms of facilities then that's fine. If it was in terms of results though that's got to be questionable. For that St Mirren would be behind the likes of Dundee United, Hamilton Accies and Falkirk amongst others right now and there would be a good case to put them behind many juvenile clubs too like the one I highlighted in my post - at Hutchison Vale, Tynecastle Boys Club, Mill United and at Harmony Row where despite lacking the resources being thrown at the Pro Youth system those clubs continue to produce extensive lists of players who make it as professional footballers, many even featuring in the full Scottish International Squad.

I've said many times that I'm not a fan at all of the current youth set up within Senior Scottish Football clubs. St Mirren's may well be improving and the PR around the club on this issue certainly looks strong, but in terms of value for money in terms of what has been spent, to what has been returned through the sale of players to clubs at a higher level the results still look poor.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Enjoyed watching the 7 mins footage of the youth team in action. Some great quality goals in there and well worth a watch. Makes me want to watch the buddies in action sometime soon but not looking forward to seeing the new strips though.

Well done David Longwell and co.

Stuart Dickson is correct. In terms of transfer fees, our youth system has been shit. We need to get rid of longwell and get in someone who actually knows wot they r doing.

This is a new low for you. On the wind up again? ;-)

I think you should have gone to bed early last night.

I do wish we had managed to pick up some transfer fees along the way like Falkirk and other clubs but sadly our young player's have left for buttons but we have managed to provide Gus, Danny and now Tommy with good young player's ready to compete and play for the first team in the top flight. Three of the cup winning squad came through the youth system. Two of our best player's to come through the youth system in Mclean and McGinn are still under contract and you may see a fee being paid for them should a club wish to get them prior to their deals running out ir in the case of McGinn a development fee once his contract is done.

Interested to see how the new batch of youngsters who have signed contracts in the summer get on under Tommy this season.

Keep up the good work David Longwell and co.

I think he means you shull:lol

I mean anyone who comes on here solely to rubbish st mirren players who can actually play football!

Ffs these lads aren't pro's yet but they get pelters for having the ability and nouse to play teams off the park.

Only in paisley and st mirren could the support actually be attacking our most valuable assets before they've actually played first team football.

f**k 'em U20's and Youth teams...... Keep playing the right way and sticking it to your detractors.

I mean anyone who comes on here solely to rubbish st mirren players who can actually play football!

Ffs these lads aren't pro's yet but they get pelters for having the ability and nouse to play teams off the park.

Only in paisley and st mirren could the support actually be attacking our most valuable assets before they've actually played first team football.

f**k 'em U20's and Youth teams...... Keep playing the right way and sticking it to your detractors.

lol.giflol.gif You get funnier by the day lol.giflol.gif

Not one St Mirren player has been abused.

In fact, its all about the style of football i dinnae like.

T.T.S.F. is boring, thats my opinion.

I dont care if its us, Morton or Barca doing it, its not for me.

I've seen our young players and most are excellent and could easily play in a fast free flowing attacking system.

Teaching kids tippy-tappy football is the right thing to do. They need to learn the skills with the ball to pass, dribble and match continental players.

Once they are playing the game, they don't have to kill it with sideways and backwards passing, can be a bit more direct, but not aimless but at least they will look comfortable on the ball

Teaching kids tippy-tappy football is the right thing to do. They need to learn the skills with the ball to pass, dribble and match continental players.

Once they are playing the game, they don't have to kill it with sideways and backwards passing, can be a bit more direct, but not aimless but at least they will look comfortable on the ball

The players from Scotland in the last 3/4 years who have commanded a fee are the ones that can pass, dribble etc - tippy tappy shit it may be; but it does attract transfer revenue and has saved us continuing to pay journeymen on comparatively inflated wages. To the credit of the players we've brought through they can also tackle and 'mix it' when they need to, and last season they also knocked it long if needs be.

Edited by Bloomsbury Bud

Stuart Dickson is correct. In terms of transfer fees, our youth system has been shit. We need to get rid of longwell and get in someone who actually knows wot they r doing.

I'm on the Cap's side here , we have had some success promoting from the youth set-up but it's despite Longwell , not because of him !

We hear these vague charges against Longwell from time to time, but they are seldom, if ever, backed up with anything of substance.

In any event, what would David Longwell have to do with the club's record in securing fees for players who have been developed through our youth system? Surely the responsibility for transactions at the point whereby a player moves on lies with the General Manager and the BoD, no?

In the absence of any clear indication as to what Longwell has done badly, or failed to do well, it is difficult, in the light of recent positive developments surrounding the youth system (eg - players breaking through to the 1st team squad and doing well, and the 5* accreditation) to see beyond this being some form of personal agenda. Noses out of joint, perhaps?

Shite players and journeymen play tippy tappy shite fitba tae.

All tippy tappy is , the ball being played continuously between goalie, midfield and defence.

Dinnae have to be a superstar to master that.

Dribbling forward and releasing a pinpoint pass for a striker to score is skill.

Nowt tippy tappy about that.

Edited by shull

Let's see more wingers and full backs dribbling the opposition byeline before crossing the ball in.

Not running 2 yards, stopping then passing back to defender who passes it to goalie then back to defender then over to other full back then goalie then defender then midfielder again then goalie then defender who loses possession.

f**king snoozefest.

Attack using pass , dribble and cross please.