World War 3

zohan mctavish

It will be Ukrainian separatists with Russian missiles.

Will certainly be interesting to watch the wests reaction over the next few weeks...

Think they''ll be Russian missiles. Possibly just using the stuff they took from the Ukrainian forces still.

Apparently the pro-Russian rebels said they were responsible and that it was a Ukrainian air force plane. Then they realised what they did...

Seems too much of a f**k-up for the Russians to be directly involved.

Sorry to hear that. I edited my earlier post as no offence was intended.

You have not to know Poz. We also had a welder on the plane that went into the sea taking off from Beirut a couple years ago think it was a bird that got into one of the engines in that one.

As Bluto says the yanks are no strangers to shooting down civilian aircraft , my own theory is Lockerbie was retaliation for that. According to reports on CNN there were 29yanks on that flight. Ukraine saying they have telephone recordings about this flight involving two Russian generals and pro Russian separatists.

This will be a game changer if this is the case.

Airliner. singular. but i get your point.

I also get your point, Callum....

And I have tried to accept that and let it lie, however the pedant in me keeps niggling...

It was fine as it was.

Perhaps I should have enclosed the final phrase - the subject under discussion - as that is, to my mind "the shooting down of commercial airliners".

Now, please try to help me rearrange the following into something practical...

"Get a life should I". :unsure:

And I have tried to accept that and let it lie, however the pedant in me keeps niggling...

It was fine as it was.

Perhaps I should have enclosed the final phrase - the subject under discussion - as that is, to my mind "the shooting down of commercial airliners".

"Get a life should I". unsure.png

Aye, you should?

It was fine as it was.

"Get a life should I". unsure.png

Nope , Seems you got it spot on Yoda. Sorry, Bluto wink.png

Two of the victims were lifelong Newcastle United fans travelling 1/2 way across the world to support their club kn apre-season friendly. I can think of umpteen St Mirren fans who, given the opportunity, would show exactly the same commitment to watch our team. I can understand and empathise with the NUFC fans who have set up an unofficial shrine to these two popular lads outside St James's Park. I hope someone within our club has sent a message of condolence to this club with whom we have recently built up a close relationship.

Two of the victims were lifelong Newcastle United fans travelling 1/2 way across the world to support their club kn apre-season friendly. I can think of umpteen St Mirren fans who, given the opportunity, would show exactly the same commitment to watch our team. I can understand and empathise with the NUFC fans who have set up an unofficial shrine to these two popular lads outside St James's Park. I hope someone within our club has sent a message of condolence to this club with whom we have recently built up a close relationship.

Truly heartbreaking. Didn't know the lads personally but recognize both from my travels. One of the lads is massively famous down here and i believe only missed one 1st team game in 50 years, when his mother died. Part of an away trip was spotting him on the day. He was distinctive as he wore a black suit and white shirt for every nufc game and was affectionately known as 'the undertaker'. The other lad was just as keen and only 28 years old. Tragic that so many innocents lost their lives in such horrific circumstances.

I intend on adding to the shrine at St James Park soon and will lay a saints scarf along with a Newcastle shirt.

Edited by john scott