I'm sure the UK supply a great deal of the weapons systems to Israel and are actively promoted by our Government.

Mark Thomas has done a great job in the past exposing the impact of the UK arms policy.

Here is a reference to the UK plans to test nuclear missiles in 1950. http://youtu.be/itqMwuB8gOk?t=13m49s Palestine.

I agree.... but I'm long-winded enough, already. :)

Similarly UK supplied the chemicals for the Syrian government's gas to slaughter it's population... :(

Like Wallace and Bruce who paved the way for you to be relaxed about that vote, the people of Gaza are engaged in a struggle against an oppressor which denies them things you take for granted.

Like Wallace and Bruce, Hamas fight with what meagre means they possess, while the rest of the world looks on and does nothing.

Plus ça change... sad.png

"...for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under english Israeli rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom – for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

You can't compare like for like in 2014 Bluto, it is 2014 is it not ?

I'm all for Gaza having full control as a independent state no question there. As I wrote above the UN could do a lot more on this matter. It's a long way from my home. My only hopes at this time is for an independent Scotland.

Guest TPAFKATS

If all you know about Gaza is what is broadcast by bbc then you would believe that both sides are equally to blame.

Israel blockades Gaza and acts as an occupying force. They have a missile defence system that almost neutralises the rockets coming from Gaza. Their response to home made rockets is drones, heavy artillery from land and sea and also air power.

It's neither proportionate or defensive and the UN won't act as America is supportive of Israel.

Edited by TPAFKATS

Maybe children should be in charge of Palestine and Israel.

Grown ups in the area are pretty shite at being pals and being friendly with each other.

And atrocially inadequate at protecting the wee yins.

Maybe one good human being from each area could shake on peace, give each other a hug and bring all this murder to an end.

A sort of jessification to the region which might work.

Guest TPAFKATS

Maybe children should be in charge of Palestine and Israel.

Grown ups in the area are pretty shite at being pals and being friendly with each other.

And atrocially inadequate at protecting the wee yins.

Maybe one good human being from each area could shake on peace, give each other a hug and bring all this murder to an end.

A sort of jessification to the region which might work.

The Jessification Peace Plan has a good ring to it

I'm sure the UK supply a great deal of the weapons systems to Israel and are actively promoted by our Government.

Mark Thomas has done a great job in the past exposing the impact of the UK arms policy.

Here is a reference to the UK plans to test nuclear missiles in 1950. http://youtu.be/itqMwuB8gOk?t=13m49s Palestine.

Some info here ... http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/blood-money-uks-123bn-arms-sales-to-repressive-states-8711794.html

Sir, I'm surprised to see you enter this debate again when the last time your commented you made a complete arse of yourself.

Maybe you should accept that other people have differing opinions to you.

I'll leave you to your ridiculous paranoia and conspiracy theory lunacy.

Both sides are at fault inasmuch as , violence wont solve the dispute there. .

I saw a news programme last week about the funeral of an Israeli soldier whereby literally hundreds if indeed not thousands of mourners turned up . Apparently , this is now the norm' whereas if it is a civilian Israelite killed in the conflict them maybe just immediate family turn up . The press interviewed two local mourners at the soldiers funeral and it just so happened that both had strong American accents . No is that just a coincidence or are many of the residents of Palestine Israel actually people who believe they solely have the right to live there because of the superstition that they believe in. .

Sir, I'm surprised to see you enter this debate again when the last time your commented you made a complete arse of yourself.

Anyway, your comments above are are in the same vein.

Anyway, your comments above are are in the same vein.

It's easy to see your tunnel vision on this subject you can't or will not look at both sides.

On your last debate on this subject you managed to get me a warning for racism that warning is still marked on me today, I was not given the opportunity to explain myself. Yet I work abroad with all colours and religions in my work force. If I was raciest in any form I would not be in the job I have held for 18 years.

Yourself on the other hand I understand was arrested and taken from St Mirren Park and charged is this correct.

You have a cheek writing that about Oaksoft

If all you know about Gaza is what is broadcast by bbc then you would believe that both sides are equally to blame.

Israel blockades Gaza and acts as an occupying force. They have a missile defence system that almost neutralises the rockets coming from Gaza. Their response to home made rockets is drones, heavy artillery from land and sea and also air power.

It's neither proportionate or defensive and the UN won't act as America is supportive of Israel.

IOB Saint why did you put a 'like' to this comment? You're a totally mixed up kid.

Drew I was right about something - I don't know enough.

Found this

Eyal Yifrah, Gilad Shaar, and Naftali Frenkel disappeared while in the West Bank, where they were studying at a yeshiva. Israel conducted a massive manhunt in the Palestinian territory, alleging they were abducted by members of Hamas. (Israeli officials appear to have disagreed from the start as to whether the killers were acting on behalf of Hamas or were a lone cell acting on their own.) The boys were found dead on June 30th, apparently executed. Subsequent reporting suggests that Israel already knew they were dead when the search began, and used the manhunt as a cover for arresting a large number of Hamas operatives as a response to the killings.

Israel responded to the deaths with a limited bombing campaign in Gaza against Hamas targets there, beginning the night of the boys were found. Palestinian militant groups (though, notably, not Hamas) in Gaza fired rockets into Israel.

I might not be remembering this right but wasn't there an american boy who was visiting family in Palestine badly beaten just a day or so before these 2 Israeli boys were kidnapped ?

The Israelis have occupied land inside Palestine and built a wall round large parts of it, the Palestinians are being squeexed more and more into a narrow strip.

America and the West won't take any serious action against Israel for 3 reasons. Israel is one of the few 'friendly' countries in the middle East, Jews have far more input to the American government than Muslims and the West still feel guilty for what happened in Germany 70 years ago. What I can't get my head round is for a nation that was built from the remnants of people who were rounded up, put in camps and slaughtered to then turn round and effectively do the same thing to another people.

Maybe you should accept that other people have differing opinions to you.

I'll leave you to your ridiculous paranoia and conspiracy theory lunacy.

I DO accept other peoples opinion but when I asked you a simple question on one of your comments...you couldn't answer.

Here's another...Now. read very carefully....I'm going to ask you one very, very, very simple question to make it very EASY FOR YOU...Here it is....

What conspiracy theory am I being accused of?

IOB Saint why did you put a 'like' to this comment? You're a totally mixed up kid.

Here we are again in a classic 'you read what you want to see'

If you go further back I wrote I am all for a fully independent state for Gaza and Palestine simply because I can see both sides of the fence which you are unable to do.

It's easy to see your tunnel vision on this subject you can't or will not look at both sides.

On your last debate on this subject you managed to get me a warning for racism that warning is still marked on me today, I was not given the opportunity to explain myself. Yet I work abroad with all colours and religions in my work force. If I was raciest in any form I would not be in the job I have held for 18 years.

Yourself on the other hand I understand was arrested and taken from St Mirren Park and charged is this correct.

You have a cheek writing that about Oaksoft

Oh God, give me patience!

The reason you were not fired is because your employers didn't see your post! What do you mean, 'I was not given the opportunity to explain myself'? You were not banned so it was your choice.bangin.gif l

I DO see both sides! READ my posts above.

Yes, I was arrested and charged and the Crown threw it out!! That issue was about free speech not racism.

As Bluto so aptly put it, you are confused when supporting Scotland's self-determination (as I do) and denying it to Palestine!

I might not be remembering this right but wasn't there an american boy who was visiting family in Palestine badly beaten just a day or so before these 2 Israeli boys were kidnapped ?

The Israelis have occupied land inside Palestine and built a wall round large parts of it, the Palestinians are being squeexed more and more into a narrow strip.

America and the West won't take any serious action against Israel for 3 reasons. Israel is one of the few 'friendly' countries in the middle East, Jews have far more input to the American government than Muslims and the West still feel guilty for what happened in Germany 70 years ago. What I can't get my head round is for a nation that was built from the remnants of people who were rounded up, put in camps and slaughtered to then turn round and effectively do the same thing to another people.

Don't disagree with you mate. So what to do nuke Israel ? Of course not as I wrote before the UN could fix this problem but don't for the reasons you have posted above.

But I'm all for Israel defending themselves.

What has to be remembered and is often forgotten there is a large Arab population live within Israel peacefully that should not be forgotten

Oh God, give me patience!

The reason you were not fired is because your employers didn't see your post! What do you mean, 'I was not given the opportunity to explain myself'? You were not banned so it was your choice.bangin.gif l

I DO see both sides! READ my posts above.

Yes, I was arrested and charged and the Crown threw it out!! That issue was about free speech not racism.

As Bluto so aptly put it, you are confused when supporting Scotland's self-determination (as I do) and denying it to Palestine!

There you go again reading what you see.

Show me where I wrote you were done for racism ? Where show me ?

Me I see you like the stupid orange men who have tunnel vision. Really don't have the time for you because of your attack on me being a racist which I have pointed out working with all colours and religions abroad for 18 years I'm not racist, forum members know me as none raciest. Hope I we are never introduced.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Here we are again in a classic 'you read what you want to see'

If you go further back I wrote I am all for a fully independent state for Gaza and Palestine simply because I can see both sides of the fence which you are unable to do.

OK, good!

What do you advocate to achieve this honourable statement?

Here's mine...

For Israel to end its blockage of Gaza and to withdraw from the West Bank to the 1967 borders taking with them all the Jewish settlers who illegally took over Palestinian land. The 5 million Palestinian refugees to be compensated for their loss of land, homes and businesses which exist in present day Israel.

For the Palestinians to end all military operations against Israel.

Howzat? Agreed?

Don't disagree with you mate. So what to do nuke Israel ? Of course not as I wrote before the UN could fix this problem but don't for the reasons you have posted above.

But I'm all for Israel defending themselves.

What has to be remembered and is often forgotten there is a large Arab population live within Israel peacefully that should not be forgotten

Nonsense. Arabs in Israel are discriminated against in all walks of life. Remember, Israel is a state for Jews. That's the Zionist reality and all others come second.

OK, good!

What do you advocate to achieve this honourable statement?

Here's mine...

For Israel to end its blockage of Gaza and to withdraw from the West Bank to the 1967 borders taking with them all the Jewish settlers who illegally took over Palestinian land. The 5 million Palestinian refugees to be compensated for their loss of land, homes and businesses which exist in present day Israel.

For the Palestinians to end all military operations against Israel.

Howzat? Agreed?

Again show me where I said you were arrested for racism.

I wrote give them a free state fully independent. You can pick the P's & Q's that bit has no interest in me whatsoever.

Nonsense. Arabs in Israel are discriminated against in all walks of life. Remember, Israel is a state for Jews. That's the Zionist reality and all others come second.

In your opinion. All I know is the 'fact' Arabs live peacefully within the state of Israel it's that good for them that they don't move to Palestine or Gaza. A bit like yourself you feel so strongly why don't you go over there and fight the cause and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

In your opinion. All I know is the 'fact' Arabs live peacefully within the state of Israel it's that good for them that they don't move to Palestine or Gaza. A bit like yourself you feel so strongly why don't you go over there and fight the cause and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

Butie, I see you've lost the argument by throwing personal insults. No one forced you into this thread.