Too Much Too Young

Age is irrelevant, as Alan Hanson found out.. If you're good enough you're old enough. Mcginn, Mclean Naismith and Kelly are all certianly good enough.. for the rest of the young guys it remains to be seen.

ETA - Wouldnt even count Mclean as young anymore.. what is he 22?

Edited by irvine_buddie

Angry?

After 2 games?

This is hilariously over the top.

Why do people like you even bother with football?

Not angry. Passionate about my club and I have aired on a St Mirren forum about the disappointment of our start to the season and in my opinion the frailties throughout our squad.

With regards to 2 games in. It does not take Stevie Wonder to get the vision of sight that all measures that have been taken since Danny's was not offered a new deal have been cost cutting. New manager along with the release of experienced player being replaced by lower paid younger players and players promoted from the youth setup who are not proven at this level.

If we don't add experience to this squad in my opinion we are going down.

Why do I bother with it? Cause I love football and I love my club.

That's got nothing to do with anything...I was the happiest of clappers, it's gone we all need to move on. The promise from the weekend combined with drastic reductions in outgoings and an emphasis on our own youth academy give you reasons for a younger team.

Tonight was an abysmal all round team performance. Simple as that. There were plenty with other managers. No reason to abandon ship after 2 games. If Goodwin can stay on the park and Thommo gets back soon that will give you the balance you're looking for, not simply expensive journeymen...

They don't need to be expensive.

But we do need experience in certain areas

Fergie knew this with his young team hence signing Bone,Munro,Young and Copland

At the moment we have Teale,Goodwin and Thompson

Teale will be used sparely if last night was anything to go by

Goodwin will be targeted as he's the only hardy bastard we have and he's so easy to get at

Thommo had surgery at the end of last season.Already picked up an injury and isn't getting any younger even though he has produced miracles before for us.It's help he needs not continue carrying the team

Goodwin will be targeted as he's the only hardy bastard we have and he's so easy to get at

Thommo had surgery at the end of last season.Already picked up an injury and isn't getting any younger even though he has produced miracles before for us.It's help he needs not continue carrying the team

What about someone like Fleck to shore up the midfield a little more? I know there were loan rumours a few years back, but I think he could do a job. Not exactly been pulling up trees down at Coventry...but his wages might be a little elevated. Just a suggestion.

I don't disagree with you entirely, but my point is that we were awful last night all round. Goodwin's influence was the trigger for what was lacking though. I don't think we need an awful lot more.

Thommo and Ball need to get fit.

Goodwin needs to stop getting red cards.

The only addition for me would be an experienced Centre Half, but without entering into an acrimonious debate about that, Kello, Goodwin and Thommo make up a very experienced spine of the team. Add Teale sparingly to the mix.

McLean/McGinn/Tess/McAusland/even Wylde are hardly inexperienced...

Hansen got slated for that comment but he was right in the end

The Man Utd team that started that season wasn't the one they ended up finishing with

Yes one or two kids in it but filled with experience

They had Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt, Gary Neville, Phil Neville and David Beckham who were all about 20 with Steve Bruce, Denis Irwin and Eric Cantona to provide the experience.

We have Mcginn Mclean Kelly Naismith Reilly and Goodwin Thommo and Teale for experience.. exact same so we'll probably win the league and Cup double holiday.gifthumbup2.gif

Angry?

After 2 games?

This is hilariously over the top.

Why do people like you even bother with football?

the fact that they r angry is the reason they bother.

its happy clappers like you who i would question why you bother

its like last season, its only friendlies, its only 2 games, wait until the first quarter, lets see where we r after Xmas, its too late to sack the manager now, etc, etc

your posts this season will follow last seasons

difference this season is that we r going down

you, tommy Craig & faraway have a lot in common...

you're all clueless!

They had Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt, Gary Neville, Phil Neville and David Beckham who were all about 20 with Steve Bruce, Denis Irwin and Eric Cantona to provide the experience.

We have Mcginn Mclean Kelly Naismith Reilly and Goodwin Thommo and Teale for experience.. exact same so we'll probably win the league and Cup double holiday.gifthumbup2.gif

Are you forgetting Schmeical. Pallister. Keane & Ince. In every department especially the spine of the team. They had player at there peak. These are inaccurate comparisons

On Wednesday our oldest out field player was 26. How many players have played over 100 league game. We had 3 Kello, McAusland & McLean. Players hit their peak between the age of 28-31 we have none.

Our experience players such as Goodwin will probably be suspended like last season at important times. Teale will play a bit part role & Thommo we need him back so much but how long can we keep relying on the big man to keep us afloat with his goals and stay injury free?

Are you forgetting Schmeical. Pallister. Keane & Ince. In every department especially the spine of the team. They had player at there peak. These are inaccurate comparisons

On Wednesday our oldest out field player was 26. How many players have played over 100 league game. We had 3 Kello, McAusland & McLean. Players hit their peak between the age of 28-31 we have none.

Our experience players such as Goodwin will probably be suspended like last season at important times. Teale will play a bit part role & Thommo we need him back so much but how long can we keep relying on the big man to keep us afloat with his goals and stay injury free?

Simmer down mate I wasn't seriously comparing us with one of the best Man Utd teams ever.

Not angry. Passionate about my club

Why do I bother with it? Cause I love football and I love my club.

Passion and love doesn't make you miserable and angry.

What makes people angry at football isn't passion or love.

It's because they have a hole in their life which football fills.

When their football team fails then by extension so do they personally.

If it's love or passion at all then it's the dark, unpleasant, creepy, possessive type which is usually emotionally destructive to the person and everyone around them. I wouldn't be proud to admit to this.

Frankly if football ruined my life like it is clearly doing to you, I'd quit watching it and do knitting or something else.

Life is short. What possible reason could you have for proudly filling it with something which makes you angry and miserable?

its like last season, its only friendlies, its only 2 games, wait until the first quarter, lets see where we r after Xmas, its too late to sack the manager now, etc, etc

you're all clueless!

Blimey. lol.gif

I must confess I do love a good rant and that was a beauty.

you're all clueless!

As far as Oaky's concerned, Phil, just ignore him. He's a supercilious twat. The jury is still out on TC. Don't know about the other guy.

If you add Thompson and Goodwin to that team we will be alright.

We lacked a leader on the park the other night. It just shows how vital both are to the team. We missed Thompsons presence up front and he may have stuck a goal in to dig us out the hole. We missed Goodwin's dig in midfield, I hope now the fans that call him useless can see what he brings to the team without his moments of madness of course.

Alex Neil ran the show for Accies, he booted McLean and McGinn about all night. Will be interesting to see if he manages that the next time Goodwin is on the same pitch as him.

Passion and love doesn't make you miserable and angry.

What makes people angry at football isn't passion or love.

It's because they have a hole in their life which football fills.

When their football team fails then by extension so do they personally.

If it's love or passion at all then it's the dark, unpleasant, creepy, possessive type which is usually emotionally destructive to the person and everyone around them. I wouldn't be proud to admit to this.

Frankly if football ruined my life like it is clearly doing to you, I'd quit watching it and do knitting or something else.

Life is short. What possible reason could you have for proudly filling it with something which makes you angry and miserable?

What a load of pretentious p1sh.

Thompson, Goodwin and a new manager...

You can't be serious??

Bet you weren't calling for Tommy's head after Saturdays performance?

I'm as disappointed as anyone after Wednesdays farcical display but we need to get realistic here, yes it didn't look good against Hamilton but we need to give the squad time to gel and ofcourse a little bit of experience is needed.

That's the joys of being a St. Mirren supporter, nothing is ever simple but we all keep going back.