Protocol Regarding The Flashing Of Headlights

shull

To warn speeding drivers of a speed trap.

Was doddering along Brockburn Road earlier at my usual 29 mph.

A car overtook me at a very fast pace , maybe over 50 mph.

At least 5 drivers on oppostite lanes flashed to warn him of speed trap ahead.

Is this the correct procedure ?

Shouldn't we let the maniacs get caught and punished and ultimately banned from the Queens highways.

30 mph and sometimes 20 mph is plenty speed for housing schemes and built up areas.

To warn speeding drivers of a speed trap.

Was doddering along Brockburn Road earlier at my usual 29 mph.

A car overtook me at a very fast pace , maybe over 50 mph.

At least 5 drivers on oppostite lanes flashed to warn him of speed trap ahead.

Is this the correct procedure ?

Shouldn't we let the maniacs get caught and punished and ultimately banned from the Queens highways.

30 mph and sometimes 20 mph is plenty speed for housing schemes and built up areas.

don't flash them - grass them

If you are willing to speed then you should be up for the consequences if you get caught.iamwithstupid.gif

There is no defence.....

In my 40 years of driving,speeding rarely makes much difference other than wondering if plod is behind you.........

Just my opinion folks.

Mobile phones............mad.gif Probably my pet hate, see lots of idiots on them in their cars while I am alongside on my motorbike.Especially young women. Should be 1 month ban for 1st offence.

1 year ban for second offence and Jail for any more. Only my opinion .....

Quite interesting and it's a bit of a turnaround from what the position once was. I suppose I'm talking forty years ago or more but I recall that the police in Scotland were powerless to do anything about warning headlight flashing as it was deemed that it contributed to reducing criminal acts. Or was it tort? Speeding is indefensible but I do have a bit of sympathy with the driver doing 35-40 MPH on a straight road with very little traffic. But it's a fair cop if they catch them. I never once got done for speeding which was a bloody miracle. Looking back I shudder at some of the things I did behind the wheel of a car. Has anyone not done a ton on a motorway?

Quite interesting and it's a bit of a turnaround from what the position once was. I suppose I'm talking forty years ago or more but I recall that the police in Scotland were powerless to do anything about warning headlight flashing as it was deemed that it contributed to reducing criminal acts. Or was it tort? Speeding is indefensible but I do have a bit of sympathy with the driver doing 35-40 MPH on a straight road with very little traffic. But it's a fair cop if they catch them. I never once got done for speeding which was a bloody miracle. Looking back I shudder at some of the things I did behind the wheel of a car. Has anyone not done a ton on a motorway?

Some of the cars I've driven could not get near a ton on the motorway! Some right poor cars

I saw the police out on Brockburn Road again this morning at the fire station. It's pointless speeding in the morning rush hour as you'll get stuck in the queue anyway for Pollok Roundabout but they had caught an Astra.

Some of the cars I've driven could not get near a ton on the motorway! Some right poor cars

I saw the police out on Brockburn Road again this morning at the fire station. It's pointless speeding in the morning rush hour as you'll get stuck in the queue anyway for Pollok Roundabout but they had caught an Astra.

Wasn't me this time.

It annoys me when someone is turning right from a carriage way and giving way to cars travelling in the opposite direction on the same road before making the turn...

Then one of the cars coming in the opposite direction randomly stops and flashes them to go... FFS.

Overly courteous driving like that causes accidents IMO.