The Tommy Craig Must Go Thread

Flareybob

He was a great manager for us - look at where we were when he took over and where we were when he left. The problem with him is that he was inflexible and when sussed it was a case of diminishing returns. The same could be said of Danny Lennon and Tom Hendrie who I thought were more culpable of trying to force round pegs into square holes as results deteriorated

Not another Gus/Danny blah blah blah debate? snore.gif

Get over to the referendum thread, much more relevant and fun. thumbup2.gif

Not another Gus/Danny blah blah blah debate? snore.gif

Get over to the referendum thread, much more relevant and fun. thumbup2.gif

I'm not trying to denigrate one and praise the other, both were good managers for us (as was Tom Hendrie who I also mentioned) and won trophies, but both (all) got into ruts and despite being derided us knickerwetters were more in tune with the realities of modern football than some of those wearing rose-tinted spectacles.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I'm not trying to denigrate one and praise the other, both were good managers for us (as was Tom Hendrie who I also mentioned) and won trophies, but both (all) got into ruts and despite being derided us knickerwetters were more in tune with the realities of modern football than some of those wearing rose-tinted spectacles.

Aye, damn modern football............................stupid league cup, bah! lol.gif

FFS.

The semantics police out in force.

Nothing to do with semantics. You stated he was a great manager and I simply outlined examples of names of great manager, of which surprisingly Gus is not there. You seem to have some problem with anything I post including accusations you make that you have not backed up when requested. I think most of my posts are reasoned and understand it is all about opinion. If that does not fit with yours then fine as that is what this forum does best

Dundee: Paul Hartley turns down Cardiff City manager's job.

Regarding the recent speculation and reports out of England/Wales. The club would like to confirm that manager Paul Hartley has long term plans to stay at Dundee Football Club.

Paul is committed to the club and is looking forward and focused on the upcoming derby matches this week.

As a club, we are not surprised that speculation linking Paul to other clubs has come up due to the fantastic job he continues to do at Dens Park.

The club and Paul see the solid foundation which has already been put in place as the beginning of a long term plan which will see Paul at the helm of the club for years to come.

Could we punt them wee Tam instead maybe the Cardiff owner will think that wee Tam is Hartley and gie him the job.

Edited by stevie-dee

Nothing to do with semantics. You stated he was a great manager and I simply outlined examples of names of great manager, of which surprisingly Gus is not there. You seem to have some problem with anything I post including accusations you make that you have not backed up when requested. I think most of my posts are reasoned and understand it is all about opinion. If that does not fit with yours then fine as that is what this forum does best

Jesus, a lecture on what words i can use now!

:lol:

He was a great manager for us - look at where we were when he took over and where we were when he left. The problem with him is that he was inflexible and when sussed it was a case of diminishing returns. The same could be said of Danny Lennon and Tom Hendrie who I thought were more culpable of trying to force round pegs into square holes as results deteriorated

Two defeats by a pair of cheating cnuts cost Gus & St Mirren silverware.

Gretna in the Scottish Cup 2006, we would've won that Cup that season.

And, 2010 League Cup

• 2 weeks later...

St Mirren have still not scored first in any competitive match this season, is just another thing to add to the list that proves that Tommy Craig is incapable of being a manager, no encouragement to any of the players either, sick to death of his "we will get ir right" comments, it's simply not good enough.

He has to go NOW!

Edited by Flareybob

St Mirren have still not scored first in any competitive match this season, is just another thing to add to the list that proves that Tommy Craig is incapable of being a manager, no encouragement to any of the players either, sick to death of his "we will get ir right" comments, it's simply not good enough.

He has to go NOW!

What does scoring first matter? :lol:

Shull - get real.

The fact that we haven't taken the lead in any match this season shows how pathetic the manager is, he clearly shows lack of encouragement to the players to go out and actually take the lead, we could still take the lead in games and lose, but this constant going behind in games shows the lack of confidence in the squad, the fault of which lies soley with one man which is Tommy Craig.

Tommy should do the honourable thing and resign, he is an embarassment to every single St Mirren supporter.

Shull - get real.

The fact that we haven't taken the lead in any match this season shows how pathetic the manager is, he clearly shows lack of encouragement to the players to go out and actually take the lead, we could still take the lead in games and lose, but this constant going behind in games shows the lack of confidence in the squad, the fault of which lies soley with one man which is Tommy Craig.

Tommy should do the honourable thing and resign, he is an embarassment to every single St Mirren supporter.

Would you rather we took the lead in games and lost than went behind and won? :lol: