Last Night Of The Proms

shull

• 11 months later...

If we're talking about outdated jongoistic institutions this is certainly one we should be looking to end. Unlike the rest of the proms this night is nothing to do with the music. They've tried to mix it up with different composers, more obscure than usual in the past and it is very much a case of 'let's get this shite off and get to Land of Hope and Glory asap'

• 1 year later...

So, "Last night at the proms" had a show of anti brexit support by "Thank EU for the music" movement ( no pun intended,) in support of the devastation caused to the music industry.
Their spokesperson said:
"Democracy as we understand it means that when something is patently not working, the nation gets to vote again and reappraise." [emoji16]

6 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

So, "Last night at the proms" had a show of anti brexit support by "Thank EU for the music" movement ( no pun intended,) in support of the devastation caused to the music industry.
Their spokesperson said:
"Democracy as we understand it means that when something is patently not working, the nation gets to vote again and reappraise." emoji16.png

Aye, potentially which means diddly squat. 🤣🤣🤣

44 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Their spokesperson said:
"Democracy as we understand it means that when something is patently not working, the nation gets to vote again and reappraise." emoji16.png

It is obvious exiting the EU was stupid and , as the say, "patently not working". How any sane average working person can deny this is beyond me. They would have to be either idiots or part of the sect who voted due their anti immigration/racist viewpoint. And leaving the EU hasn't even given them that crumb of comfort. The Torys, in their desperation to hold onto power using the racist card have royally fecked this country and their opposition, (using the term very loosely as Starmer's red Torys are cut from the same cloth), are determined to act like their afraid of admitting the emperor is indeed naked and will do nothing to allow the people to reverse the folly.  

The only real way to reverse this idiotic road we've been forced to walk is to sever ties with the real culprits and claim our right to independence.

Edited by stlucifer

On 9/10/2023 at 6:54 PM, stlucifer said:

It is obvious exiting the EU was stupid and , as the say, "patently not working". How any sane average working person can deny this is beyond me. They would have to be either idiots or part of the sect who voted due their anti immigration/racist viewpoint. And leaving the EU hasn't even given them that crumb of comfort. The Torys, in their desperation to hold onto power using the racist card have royally fecked this country and their opposition, (using the term very loosely as Starmer's red Torys are cut from the same cloth), are determined to act like their afraid of admitting the emperor is indeed naked and will do nothing to allow the people to reverse the folly.  

The only real way to reverse this idiotic road we've been forced to walk is to sever ties with the real culprits and claim our right to independence.

Are you then not advocating for the same thing as Brexit then? Independence from a larger union?

8 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Are you then not advocating for the same thing as Brexit then? Independence from a larger union?

Or alternatively severing ties from one union that forced the majority out of a union they were previously happy with, there will also be the opportunity to re-join the EU (on some level) which many will see as attractive.....I lived in England, perfectly happily, for a long time and still spend much of my time down there on business. I am often told by friends, colleagues and clients that if they were Scottish they'd want Independence from the UK as it really has become a shit-show. 

32 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Or alternatively severing ties from one union that forced the majority out of a union they were previously happy with, there will also be the opportunity to re-join the EU (on some level) which many will see as attractive.....I lived in England, perfectly happily, for a long time and still spend much of my time down there on business. I am often told by friends, colleagues and clients that if they were Scottish they'd want Independence from the UK as it really has become a shit-show. 

The UK currently IS a shit show, but…

It does get boring - having to repeatedly point out that a Million Scots voted for Brexit.  It wasn’t only rural Englanders who did it.

And Michael Gove, is one of many Scots who (vaingloriously quit his own government and along with The Buffoon) pushed for Brexit.

it was the personalities in the Union, as a whole, who have brought us to the edge of disaster.  

Compounding stupidity won’t be a magic fixing pill…

Edited by antrin

1 hour ago, antrin said:

It does get boring - having to repeatedly point out that a Million Scots voted for Brexit.  It wasn’t only rural Englanders who did it.

And Michael Gove, is one of many Scots who (vaingloriously quit his own government and along with The Buffoon) pushed for Brexit.

it was the personalities in the Union, as a whole, who have brought us to the edge of disaster.  

Were the million the majority Antrin.....absolutely not. The Scottish based electorate voted pretty overwhelmingly to stay in the EU and who in anyway mention "rural" Englanders. One of the major factors against Independence in 2014 was the threat, from the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (Brown, Cameron, Clegg and Milliband....note two of them are Labour), that Scotland would have been ousted from the EU and the only way to remain in the EU was to stay part of the UK.....it doesn't have to be boring, just stop repeating yourself as it's irrelevant to the fact that the majority of voters in Scotland wanted to and want to be part of the EU.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

But stupidity will be compounded in the UK, that is a certainty.  Stability for this country looks like being as shit next week as we were this week and last.

The leave vote was secured by the urban northern-english looking for a scapegoat for their troubles despite the architects of their plight being the ones who told them they had the cure, like a reverse-vaccine.

Oh wow! we can make our own laws! Big deal, we used to largely make the laws for the whole of Europe.

42 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Were the million the majority Antrin.....absolutely not. The Scottish based electorate voted pretty overwhelmingly to stay in the EU and who in anyway mention "rural" Englanders. One of the major factors against Independence in 2014 was the threat, from the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (Brown, Cameron, Clegg and Milliband....note two of them are Labour), that Scotland would have been ousted from the EU and the only way to remain in the EU was to stay part of the UK.....it doesn't have to be boring, just stop repeating yourself as it's irrelevant to the fact that the majority of voters in Scotland wanted to and want to be part of the EU.

The million Scots helped make up the slender majority(in what after all was promoted as a non-binding referendum) not of the population but of those motivated to bother with it.  We were cheated by the craven politicians.

I said rural voters as those of us in cities were not so mental…

the majority of voters in London also wanted to be part of the EU.  Like the Scots who believed politicians - we were gullible.

But you keep believing in the SNP… they say they are different…

it certainly doesn’t have to be boring, but I dunno how many times I’ve had to respond to the bleats of “we woz lied to”….

…when the bleats stop, so shall I.

Edited by antrin

36 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

But stupidity will be compounded in the UK, that is a certainty.  Stability for this country looks like being as shit next week as we were this week and last.

The leave vote was secured by the urban northern-english looking for a scapegoat for their troubles despite the architects of their plight being the ones who told them they had the cure, like a reverse-vaccine.

Oh wow! we can make our own laws! Big deal, we used to largely make the laws for the whole of Europe.

I won’t dispute most of this.  

I just happen to be more optimistic.  :)

Just now, antrin said:

The million Scots helped make up the slender majority(in what after all was promoted as a non-binding referendum) not of the population but of those motivated to bother with it.  We were cheated by the craven politicians.

the majority of voters in London also wanted to be part of the EU.  Like the Scots who believed politicians we were gullible.

it certainly diesn’t have to be boring, but I dunno how many times I’ve had to respond to the bleats of “we won lied to”….

Way off base there brother......don't conflate Independence and SNP as one in the same. I'm no lover of them nor their leadership but I do believe in Independence and give not "one flying wee one" for what Londoners do or don't want, it is irrelevant to me. SNP will probably get my vote if it takes us closer to my wish which is to leave the UK, I will then make my mind up on future voting as and when that time comes from whatever is available.

6 minutes ago, antrin said:

the majority of voters in London also wanted to be part of the EU.  Like the Scots who believed politicians we were gullible.

it certainly diesn’t have to be boring, but I dunno how many times I’ve had to respond to the bleats of “we won lied to”….

Only the people of Scotland were lied to by Brown, Clegg, Cameron and Millibank on this issue as only Scotland had a referendum at that time.....you're bleating about something completely different, you didn't have a vote and therefore weren't lied to on this issue

49 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Only the people of Scotland were lied to by Brown, Clegg, Cameron and Millibank on this issue as only Scotland had a referendum at that time.....you're bleating about something completely different, you didn't have a vote and therefore weren't lied to on this issue

You chose to misunderstand.   It was an analogy.

It was intended as a warning against believing in what politicians say…. about - no matter who the politicians are - they are not good at being honest, sincere and truthful.