My Saturday

I dragged myself along. I just knew that it would be Saint Mirren 0. I have only seen us score one goal this season in the 2-1 defeat to Celtic.

Poor atmosphere today, but I thought the youngsters played really well. Listened to TC interview after the game............... Oh my good God he thinks that we've turned some sort of corner. He was also saying Thommo was fatigued after playing 3 games in one week. No Shit Sherlock!!

The thing is I don't get upset anymore because I expect to see Saint Mirren 0 every week.

Edited by Kendo

Was kayaking yesterday morning in Castle Semple in torrential rain and a high wind - invigorating. Went to the game in the afternoon as I have a season ticket and went into a state of apathy. Would I have payed cash? No, do not think so. I had a better time in the morning while soaked in freezing rain. And I can see more Saturday afternoons on the horizon spent kayaking, hill walking or cycling. Sad times indeed.

Not having a go at anyone who has not decided to stay away from games.

Yesterday first half was not great but there were flashes that the team was up for a fight. Second half was more like the St Mirren i know we had a bit of tempo about us and were extremely unlucky not to score .Came away from yesterdays game feeling optamistic that a win is not too far off if we play like we did in the second half.

Will say it again a club the size of Saints can not afford to lose regular fans. All it is going to achive is having less of a budget which in turn means we will not have the money to strengthen the team come January could also get to the stage where staff lose their jobs as income is well down.

Always remember Stuart Gilmour at a SMISA QA in the old first division. Stuart said St Mirren have a hard core support of 2 to 2500 supporters. Looks like that's who we are down to. Will keep going when I can for me St Mirren is a instatution not a Tommy Craig , Stuart Gilmour or any other single person.

My Saturday was catch the 12'oclock ferry , had a bacon roll and read the paper. Then it's the train up to Paisley and into the club bar for a couple] beers while putting on a fixed odds. Pissing down so taxi down to St Mirren Park. Grabbed a spicy chicken burger from the buddie good trailer. The girl there told me her takings are well down also. As above came away from the game thinking I have seen an improvment and that these players are fighting for the manager. Waled back to gilmour street for the train to Weymss Bay for the ferry back to Bute. When I got back my wife said , you will be disappointed. I said not really I seen an improvement in the right direction today. All in all not a great day but an enjoyable one.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

My Saturday was spent working 7-2 then chilled out watching the scores on sky sports, this will continue to be my Saturday until TC is removed from his post.

I don't buy all this yesterday was a slight improvement, we still lost the game and it was against a piss poor st.johnstone team.

Tommy Craig must go!!!

Not having a go at anyone who has not decided to stay away from games.

Yesterday first half was not great but there were flashes that the team was up for a fight. Second half was more like the St Mirren i know we had a bit of tempo about us and were extremely unlucky not to score .Came away from yesterdays game feeling optamistic that a win is not too far off if we play like we did in the second half.

Will say it again a club the size of Saints can not afford to lose regular fans. All it is going to achive is having less of a budget which in turn means we will not have the money to strengthen the team come January could also get to the stage where staff lose their jobs as income is well down.

Always remember Stuart Gilmour at a SMISA QA in the old first division. Stuart said St Mirren have a hard core support of 2 to 2500 supporters. Looks like that's who we are down to. Will keep going when I can for me St Mirren is a instatution not a Tommy Craig , Stuart Gilmour or any other single person.

My Saturday was catch the 12'oclock ferry , had a bacon roll and read the paper. Then it's the train up to Paisley and into the club bar for a couple] beers while putting on a fixed odds. Pissing down so taxi down to St Mirren Park. Grabbed a spicy chicken burger from the buddie good trailer. The girl there told me her takings are well down also. As above came away from the game thinking I have seen an improvment and that these players are fighting for the manager. Waled back to gilmour street for the train to Weymss Bay for the ferry back to Bute. When I got back my wife said , you will be disappointed. I said not really I seen an improvement in the right direction today. All in all not a great day but an enjoyable one.

That is the point - a fighting display (and not in the elbows in the face sense) is the least we should expect, that you and a few others are offering a decent second half performance in what seemed a fairly regulation defeat as one of the highlights of our season says it all really.

PS - Respect for making the journey! notworthy.gif

I don't want to deprive the club of money I have a season ticket infact I purchase 3 every year but going to games puts me in a bad mood for the weekend my kids don't want to go as they say it's boring!

I work hard all week so spending time with my boys at the weekend watching football was the highlight of the week for us... But this season's capaign has put the boys off and untill there is a new manager I have no intention of going back!

Might go and watch Braehead Clan might go to the cinema.

As I wrote not making digs at fans not going and 700 fans down tells its own story which the board need to take notice of. I just feel sorry for the club as a whole. Just hope changes are made and we can get back to some sort of normality.

As soon as TC is removed or leaves I will be back , anyone else could get a reaction from the team except him.

Was kayaking yesterday morning in Castle Semple in torrential rain and a high wind - invigorating. Went to the game in the afternoon as I have a season ticket and went into a state of apathy. Would I have payed cash? No, do not think so. I had a better time in the morning while soaked in freezing rain. And I can see more Saturday afternoons on the horizon spent kayaking, hill walking or cycling. Sad times indeed.

Sounds most interesting to me, hardly sad.

Did you buy your sweets from Asda ?,

Or the silly question.

Did you pay the rip off prices in the cinema?

I agree with Pod.

Bought cheap bags of popcorn in Cardonald. Also Capri Suns

Went to Burger King after Cinema.

I nominate one of the club's highest earner for a job loss - Tommy Craig. The crowd's will go up, income increases and it gives job security to staff behind the scenes until the season's end. PS TC was happy enough to dispense with our sports psychologist since he could do that kind of stuff himself so I am sure he'll take it with good grace.