General Election 2015

shull

Meltdown. :)

So, you are saying that the SSP wouldn't have a derogatory effect but, at the same time, you are saying that they are just "the SNP with a referendum" and also, at the same time, saying the SNP would have a derogatory effect.

That makes sense. :unsure:

You're the one on the meltdown, which is really funny. The SSP would be just as disastrous for Scotland as the SNP, however it's pretty obvious that they are a much better fit for those wanting another Independence Referendum.

Why are you not voting for them?

Sturgeon hasn't declared a date, however what she did say was that it was not in the SNP manifesto for the 2015 General Election. When pushed she refused to rule it out of the SNP manifesto for the Scottish Election in 2016. That certainly doesn't suggest that the SNP have any intention of keeping Alex Salmonds pre-referendum vow.

No it doesn't. It means she has no intention ot talking about the 2016 election a week before the 2015 election.

Why should she? It's irrelevant to this election.

I must have had, at least, a dozen letters/flyers from him over the last couple of weeks, asking for my vote. Most of them came with freepost return cards. I just sent them back with duff info on them, my little way of reducing the Labour party coffers while keeping Royal Mail staff in a job - another win-win.

All that gumph through the door is enough to make anyone not vote for him - well, that, and the fact he's Labour.

The letters I have had originated south of the border and were signed by individuals in say , Newcastle or Manchester and usually had the remit that the only way to keep the Tories out is to vote labour (that old chestnut) and indeed if a labour government were to get in then , I could expect a land of milk and honey . .lol

The letters I have had originated south of the border and were signed by individuals in say , Newcastle or Manchester and usually had the remit that the only way to keep the Tories out is to vote labour (that old chestnut) and indeed if a labour government were to get in then , I could expect a land of milk and honey . .lol

Currently Labour have 41 scottish seats, how did voting labour keep the tories out last time?

Guest TPAFKATS

I'm now voting Labour as Eddie Izzard is in Glasgow today convincing me that his lovely shade of red lippy is a vote winner for wee duggie, creepy jim and red ed.

I'm especially convinced to vote labour as some guy who contually follows Murphy around had a shouting match with him in Buchanan Street.

Just back from Glasgow where earlier I witnessed Jim Murphy strolling down Buchanan Street accompanied by Eddie Izzard in full make-up, high heels and skirt combo. Now, I am not at all political, with no preference for any party, but what drugs are Scottish Labour's PR department on? Fair do's to Eddie Izzard for having the balls (literally) to carry off his action transvestite act for real, but... is parading Eddie Izzard in Glasgow, dressed like an office lassie fae' the typing pool a vote winner for Scottish Labour?

I took a photo of the press pack photographing Jim and Eddie, while my mate photographed the lovely couple out for a romantic stroll down Buchanan Street in the Spring sunshine. Hope to see his results tomorrow. Here's mine....

post-5834-0-57385000-1430747841_thumb.jp

Edited by pozbaird

Cringe worthy performance by John Swinney this morning on Sunday politics. Andrew Neil asks him if Labour put forward their Queen Speech and it has the austerity cuts that Labour have been pledging in their manifesto in it would the SNP vote for or against it. John Swinney give some long winded pish about how Labour would have to consult with the SNP rather than a direct answer. Asked again for a straight Yes or No answer, Swinney again says Labour would have to consult with the SNP, asked a third time he says he's already given the answer. Neil makes the point strongly that he has not given the answer and asks him for a fourth time. Swinney says Labour would have to consult with the SNP on matter such as the budget and on Trident renewal. Neil says correctly, "well the Conservatives would vote with Labour on Trident Renewal so we know your party won't get their way on that."

There has never been a clearer demonstration of just how little power Scotland will have in influencing the UK Government if Scots vote for the SNP. What will happen is that we would be sending in a small group of politicians with absolutely no power to influence anything that the the Labour Party disagree with them on even in a minority government because there is absolutely no way the SNP will want to go back to the Scottish Electorate having brought down a Labour government.

Vote whatever way you wish on Thursday, but just remember a vote for the SNP is nothing more than a protest vote. If you want Ed Milliband as PM vote Labour, if you want David Cameron as PM vote Conservative.

To be perfectly honest all candidates are sounding cringe worthy because everyone of them just constantly repeat the same line over and over have yet to hear a simple YES or NO answer. They remind me of you Stuart the same push over and over. My ears and eyes have burn out from it all. Just thankful that the majority of Scots have got it right when it comes to Thursdays vote

Guest TPAFKATS

Just back from Glasgow where earlier I witnessed Jim Murphy strolling down Buchanan Street accompanied by Eddie Izzard in full make-up, high heels and skirt combo. Now, I am not at all political, with no preference for any party, but what drugs are Scottish Labour's PR department on? Fair do's to Eddie Izzard for having the balls (literally) to carry off his action transvestite act for real, but... is parading Eddie Izzard in Glasgow, dressed like an office lassie fae' the typing pool a vote winner for Scottish Labour?

I took a photo of the press pack photographing Jim and Eddie, while my mate photographed the lovely couple out for a romantic stroll down Buchanan Street in the Spring sunshine. Hope to see his results tomorrow. Here's mine....

attachicon.gifpress.jpg

I thought he looked more like an air stewardess with that lovely silk scarf. Did murphy whisper to him "I'm Jim, wanna fly me?"

I thought he looked more like an air stewardess with that lovely silk scarf. Did murphy whisper to him "I'm Jim, wanna fly me?"

Interesting that not only do the Natsi Party condone the kind of violence that was on display this morning but that many Natsis also appear to have trouble not making derogatory, prejudicial and homophobic comments about Eddy Izzard.

Interesting that not only do the Natsi Party condone the kind of violence that was on display this morning but that many Natsis also appear to have trouble not making derogatory, prejudicial and homophobic comments about Eddy Izzard.

Why homophobic? Eddie looked fcuking ridiculous, but he isn't gay.

I've seen several posts on various news outlets where posters have definitely made homophobic comments. A person doesn't have to be gay to draw homophobic abuse.

Indeed. He still looked ridiculous though - completely the wrong choice of lipstick for that blouse.

Guest TPAFKATS

You quoted me in this post, could you point out

1 - what violence was on display

2 - what comments I made that were prejudical or homphobic towards Izzard?

There was some handbags involving some of the fringe movements, I'd guess that's what he's on about. Didn't see or hear anyone condoning it, though.

Eta - they were drowning out Murphy & Izzard (as they're perfectly entitled to do) and apparently scuffles broke out involving them and Labour Party activists. Haven't read anywhere about how the scuffles broke out or who started what but that won't stop StuD telling us it was all orchestrated by the SNP.........

Edited by salmonbuddie

Not like the media

There was some handbags involving some of the fringe movements, I'd guess that's what he's on about. Didn't see or hear anyone condoning it, though.

Eta - they were drowning out Murphy & Izzard (as they're perfectly entitled to do) and apparently scuffles broke out involving them and Labour Party activists. Haven't read anywhere about how the scuffles broke out or who started what but that won't stop StuD telling us it was all orchestrated by the SNP.........

It's not like the media or fat boy to over exaggerate events and peddle inaccuracies bordering on untruths, when trying, but ultimately failing miserably, to discredit a party that apparently enrages them so much.

Edited by FTOF

Guest TPAFKATS

Not like the media

It's not like the media or fat boy to over exaggerate events and peddle inaccuracies bordering on untruths, when trying, but ultimately failing miserably, to discredit a party that apparently enrages them so much.

There was in total 4 protestors from a group called Scottish Resistence and also a guy on a rickshaw playing "So long, farewell" from the sound of music. This is the same guy who played the Imperial masters star wars thingy when the 100 odd labour mps came up on the train the week before the indy vote. He has posted a you tube video of todays events including a Scottish labour wummin having a pop at him for Nazi connection to the So Long song.

But I digress...

The main protester was a guy called Sean Clerkin who spends his spare time following around politicians to disrupt them. On Friday he was at the Ed Milliband "rally". I believe he has on other occasions disrupted Nicola Sturgeon's Constituency Surgery as well.

There was also another guy called Piers Chummly-Warner or something similarly double barrelled. They belong to a group called Scottish Resistence. They've been disrupting Scottish Labour events for months with no press coverage. Ive seen a few clips on social media and there is the usual Labour activists with placards (40?), a press core that's almost the same size and folk walking past wondering what the feck is happening. As always Murphy is happy to jostle a protester before standing on his crate and shouting through a microphone - not sure why shouting back at him is so violent?

The Slab machine led by the ever odious John McTernan is running this as an SNP led event with the FM's advisor leaking details to Clerkin. This has been denied and Clerkin himself has advised that the details were leaked to him by disaffected members of Murphy's East Ren Labour party.

The media are all over it like a rash as you'd expect and large word count articles appeared across the UK media within an hour or so of the events unfolding.

I would expect some backtracking as the social media evidence gets out there but really, is anyone surprised at this? Its another egg-gate for murphy.

There was also a protest when Cameron arrived in Bath today, including an egg being thrown. Funnily enough, it doesnt seem to be getting as much attention...

EDIT -

3 mins 30 roughly for the nazi quote

Edited by TPAFKATS