General Election 2015

shull

Does it? Really?

The really interesting thing in that article was actually about the EU referendum which is being promised by the end of 2017. In the second half of this parliament. Why not straight away, isn't that what the London parties wanted for the Scottish referendum? Why wait? Is this not a bit two faced? Why would I be surprised about two faced Tories? These, and many other questions, will be answered on next week's episode of, Soap.

Despite the promise of a referendum , the blue Tory's will want the chance to launch a "No to leaving Europe " campaign . Remember other governments at Westminster have spoke of referendums but then held back because they felt that , they couldn't get the decision they wanted . .

During the Scottish referendum they kept going on about "Yes" being an easier option to sell.

That - is just a marketing 'fact'.

Shouldn't you guys being be scrabbling over this bollox on Herr Dixon's Referendum thread?

I would advise you to just let it go. It was a defeat. Get over it. But I know you can't. :)

So please use the appropriate forum.

(Though if I was a Mod, they'd both have been shut now they're history. Only point in keeping them open is to amuse/distract Herr Dixon...)

I would advise you to just let it go. It was a defeat.

Your side won. It was months ago and everything has changed since then.

We no longer have anything remotely resembling a Scottish Labour party, a Scottish Lib Dem party or a Scottish Tory party. The Scottish electorate voted to allow the SNP to represent Scotland for the forseeable future at both major levels of government - Holyrood and Westminster despite the fact that the SNP clearly want independence. Two years ago Dickson was telling us that an SNP vote at the General Election was a mandate for independence. If the Scottish electorate wanted independence they'd vote for it at a General Election. Now they have. Demonstrably. In record numbers.

That's democracy for you.

Why are you STILL obsessively talking about the referendum FFS?

It's gone, done with, finished. Much more interesting what is happening right now.

Enjoy the ride.

Edited by oaksoft

Your side won.

Why are you STILL obsessively talking about the referendum FFS?

You claim to be a scientist.

Yet you do not apply logic and seem unable to read.

I had no vote, thus I had no 'side'.

My post (that you patently did not read - or, more worryingly did not understand) was specifically Directed at helping others stop obsessing about the past Referendum. I had no interest in it, then. I have none now.

Science obviously ain't what it used to be.

Your side won. It was months ago and everything has changed since then.

We no longer have anything remotely resembling a Scottish Labour party, a Scottish Lib Dem party or a Scottish Tory party. The Scottish electorate voted to allow the SNP to represent Scotland for the forseeable future at both major levels of government - Holyrood and Westminster despite the fact that the SNP clearly want independence. Two years ago Dickson was telling us that an SNP vote at the General Election was a mandate for independence. If the Scottish electorate wanted independence they'd vote for it at a General Election. Now they have. Demonstrably. In record numbers.

That's democracy for you.

As I'm sure even you - a person who was predicting a landslide win for yes last summer :lol: - know, a vote for the SNP =/= a vote for independence. I've voted SNP in the last few elections and I voted no in September and I will vote no again if need be.

Indeed 1.6 million people voted yes in September, whereas 1.4 million voted for the SNP last week.

I'd imagine far more no voters voted SNP than yes voters voted for someone else, so where'd the rest of the nationalist vote go this month?

Surely you should be asking where the No votes went? In fact the nationalist vote was pretty effectively mobilized, whereas 50% of the No vote disappeared. Even accounting for the lower turnout and the fact that some No voters will have voted Yes, it is clear that the three(or four if you want to count UKIP) unionist parties failed miserably to mobilise their vote.

Surely you should be asking where the No votes went? In fact the nationalist vote was pretty effectively mobilized, whereas 50% of the No vote disappeared. Even accounting for the lower turnout and the fact that some No voters will have voted Yes, it is clear that the three(or four if you want to count UKIP) unionist parties failed miserably to mobilise their vote.

But no one is claiming a vote for Labour/Tories/Lib Dems is a vote for the union are they?

It's clear the YES voting block has almost completely united behind the SNP. Yet even with this and the no voters voting for them, they're still down on votes from September.

Oh, he'll be chuffed as f**k with that role. It'll mean he can continue to take his wife away on holidays,,,,erm,,,meetings at many of the most expensive hotels in the world, all at the taxpayers expense.

Mhairi having a wee chip Tea without HP sauce !

post-8992-0-90821000-1431599137_thumb.jp

But no one is claiming a vote for Labour/Tories/Lib Dems is a vote for the union are they?

It's clear the YES voting block has almost completely united behind the SNP. Yet even with this and the no voters voting for them, they're still down on votes from September.

Wasn't that the mainstay of the "Red Tory Party's campaign?

"Murphy: Scotland 'turbo-charged' to referendum if majority back SNP"

http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/318748-jim-murphy-scotland-turbo-charged-to-referendum-if-majority-back-snp/

And wasn't what was used by the "Blue Tories" to motivate "tacticle voting", both here and down south?

The difference is, many in Scotland either didn't believe the scaremongering or it WAS a conscious decision made out of disillusionment at what followed the referendum!

As I said previously. The fact that less people voted for the SNP than voted YES is, AFAIC, a total Red Herring. The format of the Referendum vote, as far as voting eligibility was different including 16' and 17 year olds not getting the chance to have their say this time around

Edited by stlucifer

You're being a bit picky there, are you not?

I only mentioned the referendum to specify when they said what they did, not for any other reason.

Here... fishy.... fishy.... smile.png

I thought you ARE . .

Sorry , wrong forum . .

FIFY

No deid... yet.

Edited by bluto

As I'm sure even you - a person who was predicting a landslide win for yes last summer lol.gif: - know, a vote for the SNP =/= a vote for independence. I've voted SNP in the last few elections and I voted no in September and I will vote no again if need be.

Where did I say it was a vote for independence?

I said DICKSON made that claim.

Guest TPAFKATS

Fuxake!

Even though it makes my mouth water, that's appalling stereotyping of the Scottish diet that helps lead to so much Ill-health and NHS issues.

I wish she hudnae allowed that.... :(

To be fair she's drinking water with it. No self respecting stereotypical Scot would have watter with their chips!

BTW, who keeps mentioning this referendum stuff???

Alex Salmond apparently, since he's been outed as the "Senior SNP source" that's been undermining Nicola Sturgeon rolleyes.gif

You clearly agree with him.

A vote for the SNP at a General Election means the Scots have voted for independence.

Straight from the horse's (i.e. your) mouth.

Are you going to deny you said this?

Go on say it - "the people have voted for independence".

Easily said.

Let's hear it.

Edited by oaksoft

Daily Telegraph yesterday. I can't get the URL to work from the mobile but simply type Alex Salmond onto Google, it's the top story

You mean this one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/SNP/11608526/Alex-Salmond-outed-over-claim-Scotland-could-hold-second-referendum-without-PMs-backing.html

You're right, Cameron has named him as the source. Equally, it's been denied by the party that he said anything of the sort.

And I did this on my mobile.....

You clearly agree with him.

A vote for the SNP at a General Election means the Scots have voted for independence.

Straight from the horse's (i.e. your) mouth.

Are you going to deny you said this?

Go on say it - "the people have voted for independence".

Easily said.

Let's hear it.

I don't deny I said it Oaksoft. It was at a point where I was saying that the referendum, which had at that time not been held yet, was a huge waste of money. The point I was making was that the SNP are a single issue party - despite their pretences - and I said that if they stood on that basis then a majority vote for the SNP in Scotland in a General Election would be a vote for Independence.

The SNP were not honest enough to stand in the General Election on their single issue manifesto. Instead they basically lifted the Labour manifesto and presented it as their own.The SNP leader even said, several times, that a vote for the SNP in this General Election was not a vote for Independence.