General Election 2015

shull

Guest TPAFKATS

I'm no fan of PR but something is going to have to give. When the SNP have 55 seats for less than 6% of the vote and UKIP get 1 seat for 12% there's something wrong

Its amazing how we now need PR just because one of the wee diddy parties upset the usual order.

I know your no good with numbers dicko, but you'll find that your stat is skewed by the SNP only standing in 59 seats - around 9% of the total.

Guest TPAFKATS

I'm no fan of PR but something is going to have to give. When the SNP have 55 seats for less than 6% of the vote and UKIP get 1 seat for 12% there's something wrong

WOW

So you dont like PR but dont think FPTP is right

Contradicting yourself in the same post, combined with your long held inability to comprehend simple arithmetic goes a long way to explaining why people are pointing and laughing at you today.

The fact is that the Tories haven't cut government spending over the past 5 years at all. Government spending is up. That is a fact.

The last 5 years of Conservative government have seen them follow exactly the policy that the SNP were proposing in this GE.

Government spending will continue to rise over the next 5 years.

The SNP policy is the correct one. The Tories have shown how well it has worked over the past 5 years.

Spending up, yes because it always happens

we are spending to fund the tory deficit

only when we spend to invest and truly grow the economy will we see the deficit shrink

I've read at least 2 posts on this thread from the shite alias that is pozbaird (I'm pretty sure that's not his real name) regarding his distain for Eddie Izzard...

I suspect he's trying to convince himself.

I suspect a secret liking for ladyboys. whistling.gif

that is an ignorant and abusive statement. EI is a cross-dresser, not a perioperative transgender male

Your homophobia shines through

WOW

Contradicting yourself in the same post, combined with your long held inability to comprehend simple arithmetic goes a long way to explaining why people are pointing and laughing at you today.

Today? I've been doing it for years, now.....

:)

WOW

Only today?

It's been years of amusement combined with revulsion.

From the mobi and cant be arsed to work out hoq to quote previous posts.

Mr D - in 35 of the constituencies the SNP won more than 50% of the vote. They got 50% of the overall vote and together with the Greens and SSP more people voted for parties advocating independence than the unionists. The dichotomy will only become more obvious as time goes by. Independence is inevitable :)

He is also failing to appreciate that there is now every chance of labour (or what emerges pheonix like from the ashes of Scottish Labour) being a lot more pro independence in the coming years. There may well be a sizeable shift in their stance in the coming years.

This. I know an ex Labour MP who was pro Independence but didn't have the backbone to say so publicly. He has now lost his seat and his party is like our neighbours in Govan, dead. They will try a Sevco like resurrection, but the only hope for them is to completely break from London. Re-emerge as an SDLP type independent Scottish Labour Party. Otherwise it is all over for them.

Having reflected on Thursday's events, the performance by the SNP is simply stunning.

It would be interesting to see if any other political party involved in a democratic general election, has achieved a 95% success rate, in modern day politics.

All this, despite typical fear mongering and deceitful actions by both the opposition parties and their leaders, plus their lackeys in the media. The article below highlights just one of the many utterly pathetic and desperate , but ultimately unsuccessful, attempts, to spread untruths, in order to de-rail the most forward thinking anti-austerity party in the UK.

http://www.thenational.scot/news/police-scotland-deny-unionist-reports-they-warned-of-snp-aggression-at-polls.2731

Edited by FTOF